Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

correct.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by decibels
yes it is i've tested it on the speed passion motor checker which plugs into the esc but it is designed to work with the team wave linear motors which i am testing next didn't have one till end of friday night!! as it might be to much rpm for a rpm based motor. To much to play around with but lots of fun for me anyways!!
I know this is an old post, but was this on timeshift 7 and turbo on the rb-s?

also, I have found in the past, unloaded rpm is different to on-track performance. For eg. spx on profile 8, and tekin on max turbo/boost looks like its about to rip the tires off the wheels, but its on track performance is little gain, if any.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Wanted to say thank you to Team Wave for providing excellent customer service and great communication on an item that I sent in for repairs recently (repairs were needed because of something I did and not due to any fault of theirs).

Dustin
Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anymore feedback from guys running the RB-S in 17.5 rubber touring? Esc settings or fdr? How about 4 cell aplication. Does anyone have a good starting point for World GT 13.5 on carpet?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

First time out with RB-S 17.5

Setup:
Cyclone TC
DUO 2 17.5
FDR 5.5 - 5.3
Time Shift 4
Drive Profile 7
Brake Profile 7
Twin Turbo On 2x
Neutral Brake 1

Car is fast. Infileld is stupid quick.

I haven't played with the gearing that much yet, but motor seems to have an average temp of 180 - 190 deg.

You guys are not kidding about how much motor heat this speedo produces. Any suggestion on how to properly gear this monster? Perhaps, a good setup starting point which equates to good motor temp, but still produces great speed?

My last resort is putting a fan on the motor.

~Mark
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

For 17.5T, gear ratio is about 3.8-4.6. Adding fan on the motor is recommend.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
For 17.5T, gear ratio is about 3.8-4.6. Adding fan on the motor is recommend.
I can only assume that I was undergeared, which caused my motor temp to go 180-190? That being said, if I gear my motor to the recommended ratio above, temps will go down?

I was running between 5.3 - 5.5, and my motor temp was between 180-190. If I gear it heavier, wouldn't that equate to more motor heat?

Nevertheless, I will try the recommended gearing without the motor fan first. This is just to see if I was truly undergeared or not. Will post results when I get a chance.

~Mark.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
I know this is an old post, but was this on timeshift 7 and turbo on the rb-s?

also, I have found in the past, unloaded rpm is different to on-track performance. For eg. spx on profile 8, and tekin on max turbo/boost looks like its about to rip the tires off the wheels, but its on track performance is little gain, if any.
Sorry for late reply been busy over xmas!! but it doesn't matter about time shift for total speed. When i tested the kv didn't change. So what time shift is for is when you run turbo it controls how much timing you have before turbo kicks in. So the reason people like running a high timeshift with turbo 2 is because there is so much raw speed available that you have to gear down so much that the difference between no turbo and turbo is larger. So to gain back that rpm before turbo cuts in you can run timeshift 6 to 7. i am finding for 17.5 you run between 5.2 to 4.8 fdr on rubberand time shift 4 to 7. That is with a big heatsink and fan. But with our new weight change this speedy i think will be faster as the k.v is there so less weight will push it there easier!! And the other day i ran 10.5 and people thought it looked like a mod. But my moral is that you gain punch on this speedy while having the same speed so it is fast through the infield. But i am learning that you do need a good battery.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Max,

i just saw in t.w. site a new firmware update, version 1.2a, could you pls advise which changes have been done?

tnks
Max
Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
I can only assume that I was undergeared, which caused my motor temp to go 180-190? That being said, if I gear my motor to the recommended ratio above, temps will go down?

I was running between 5.3 - 5.5, and my motor temp was between 180-190. If I gear it heavier, wouldn't that equate to more motor heat?

Nevertheless, I will try the recommended gearing without the motor fan first. This is just to see if I was truly undergeared or not. Will post results when I get a chance.

~Mark.
It should probably be mentioned that compared to the linear series of motors, the Duo2 has much more peak RPM. From what I have seen the Duo2's are more prone to failure with excessive heat so I suggest you check temps regularly if you gear up.

Something I have noticed recently is that with the release of high RPM type speedies motors that where considered slower like the SP series now can match the performance of faster motors and usually handle heat better. I ran my Linear 17.5 RB-50 combo against my brothers Duo2 RB-S combo and was only slightly down on overall motor performance with slightly more heat. Considering I could have safely geared up still for more performance it makes you rethink the comon knowledge that the Duo series of motors are king. I suggest anyone getting an RB-S to try out try and get a combo with a spec motor. I think you will be blown away by how fast it can be on that speedo.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan/Ultraline
The rb-s was just added, thanks to everyone for yor intrest. http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...887&parent=107
Hello Dan
I just ordered the RB-S from Ultraline Hobbie online 12.23.09 and I've not receive free shipping charge and No response back from E-mail...Please PM lmk what 's going on...Thanks
PS My order # 1751
Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Teamwave, whats the new RB-30/50 update all about?? Can you give us some info please?
Thanks.........Dwayne Flodell
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tandman
Teamwave, whats the new RB-30/50 update all about?? Can you give us some info please?
Thanks.........Dwayne Flodell
I believe it is just a refinement of the 1.1 software. Myself and another person who tested it back to back couldn't pick the difference in feel, but it did seem to slightly improve lap times if only by a tenth. It isn't the same software as what is in the RB-S. If you or a friend have a program card I suggest you try it out.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I believe it is just a refinement of the 1.1 software. Myself and another person who tested it back to back couldn't pick the difference in feel, but it did seem to slightly improve lap times if only by a tenth. It isn't the same software as what is in the RB-S. If you or a friend have a program card I suggest you try it out.
Tnks Dragonfire,
also i was asking such info, but probably as i'm italian nobody take care of my post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Tnks Dragonfire,
also i was asking such info, but probably as i'm italian nobody take care of my post
Nah TeamWave don't tend to be as OPEN about the details of their software or hardware like other brands. In the end its best to try something out for yourself as whats best for you isn't always the best for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.