R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #616
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRacing View Post
When running the RB-30 with 1s lipo, will it be better to run a receiver pack with a BEC or us the Novak Smartboost? Thanks for your input.
I have seen both. The idea about the receiver pack is that it does not take anything away from the cell. But the LiPo cell will give a continuous discharge of the same voltage so either way. I use a receiver batt for the 1/12 scale. But I would think no big deal either way. Just pay attention to the instructions on the smart boost as well as if you use a receiver battery then make sure you remove the red wire from the speedo connector to the receiver.So you will only have the black and the white and the red should be insulated as the receiver battery will power the receiver and the speedo for function. Make sure your receiver also can handle the 7.4v and it does not burn up!!!! All the original BEC is 6v. Small LiPo is 7.4 and you can still have small NiMh cells made at 6v.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #617
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does the RB-S 1S lipo work with the Novak Smart boost or others?
MaxSp97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #618
Tech Rookie

Default Team wave sponsorship

Hi i was wondering how to get sponsored by team wave?

Rc madness/ yoo-hoo chocolate drink/ rikter designs/ kevin daniels designs/ Team scream
jwalts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

So, Team Wave.

Was going order one of the RB-S's tommorrow. Shows u have them in stock but just would like to know if thats up-to-date and would ship asap.

Thanks,
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #620
Tech Adept

Yes, RB-S is in stock. Normally we will ship within 3 business days after we receive the order.

RB-S/30/50 can run with 1 cell Lipo without receiver battery / booster circuit if you are not running low turn motors like 3.5T-6.5T.

run receiver battery/booster is better for the receiver to avoid radio jam and lost of signal. The servo will also move faster.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #621
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey first night out for the RB S in Australia at windsor indoor race centre!! I took tq followed by the win and set a new track and lap record so a good first outing this was in 17.5 and from my normal roll out i dropped 10mm so went down to 40mm roll out.
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #622
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Hey first night out for the RB S in Australia at windsor indoor race centre!! I took tq followed by the win and set a new track and lap record so a good first outing this was in 17.5 and from my normal roll out i dropped 10mm so went down to 40mm roll out.
This is funny. When I said before that going down in rollout would mean more punch your brother said the opposite. So now the Wave is using similar rollouts to the other ESC's? Seems I was right

Good to see the results but not much ahead of a 10 year old kid using an ESC with no turbo functions. Will be interesting to see the RB - S on a larger track

Last edited by cannon; 12-11-2009 at 11:46 PM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
This is funny. When I said before that going down in rollout would mean more punch your brother said the opposite. So now the Wave is using similar rollouts to the other ESC's? Seems I was right

Good to see the results but not much ahead of a 10 year old kid using an ESC with no turbo functions. Will be interesting to see the RB - S on a larger track
His brother was spot on for RB50/30. RB-S is a different kettle of fish.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #624
Tech Regular

Quote:

well i don't know about much ahead for a small track that is a big difference!! but i was not driving at my best the other night kept clipping things!! i'll blame my baby for keeping me awake!! But this speedy puts another 2000 kv on my testing over original turbo so still need to work on gearing as i think i needed to gear down a little more. Either that or my motors rotor took to much of a pounding from the heat at our nationals which was 40 degree celsius days. but happy for first outing.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #625
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
well i don't know about much ahead for a small track that is a big difference!! but i was not driving at my best the other night kept clipping things!! i'll blame my baby for keeping me awake!! But this speedy puts another 2000 kv on my testing over original turbo so still need to work on gearing as i think i needed to gear down a little more. Either that or my motors rotor took to much of a pounding from the heat at our nationals which was 40 degree celsius days. but happy for first outing.
It was an awesome display of driving and power. You smashed a 6 month old lap record by a lot and broke the 5min record too. 11.1s around Windsor in 17.5 is unheard of. No one would have thought it was possible. Considering you haven't raced there for the best part of a year make it more impressive.

What a way to debut the new RB-S.

The old RB50 did the job in 10.5 and I hear an RB30 cleaned up in 17.5 at Illawarra! Team Wave are winning all over the place in OZ.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #626
Tech Champion

Quote:
An extra 2000 kv?????? That is an extra 14000 rpm !!!!!! Do you mean 2000 rpm extra as 2000kv means 2000 rpm per volt
Old 12-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #627
Tech Regular

Quote:
An extra 2000 kv?????? That is an extra 14000 rpm !!!!!! Do you mean 2000 rpm extra as 2000kv means 2000 rpm per volt
2000 kv yes it is a big difference so gearing needs to be adjusted considerably!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #628
Tech Champion

Quote:
2000 kv yes it is a big difference so gearing needs to be adjusted considerably!!
So you are saying an extra 14000 rpm

That cant be right surely.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #629
Tech Regular

Quote:
So you are saying an extra 14000 rpm

That cant be right surely.
yes it is i've tested it on the speed passion motor checker which plugs into the esc but it is designed to work with the team wave linear motors which i am testing next didn't have one till end of friday night!! as it might be to much rpm for a rpm based motor. To much to play around with but lots of fun for me anyways!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #630
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
Yes, RB-S is in stock. Normally we will ship within 3 business days after we receive the order.

RB-S/30/50 can run with 1 cell Lipo without receiver battery / booster circuit if you are not running low turn motors like 3.5T-6.5T.

run receiver battery/booster is better for the receiver to avoid radio jam and lost of signal. The servo will also move faster.
so if I have understand (I'm french and my english is not very well
), the RB30/RB50 's software has been changed to be able to work with a 1
cell cut-off?

if I use a RB S/ RB30/RB50 with a 8.5T or 9.5T (with 1 cell lipo) I don't
need a booster for the receiver? the ESC works like a booster?
youb is offline   Reply With Quote