R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
RB30/RB50 can't be upgraded to RB-S. RB30/50 has its own firmware which is different from RB-S.
Funny it seems other companies are capable of upgrading the firmware as required.

So that means everytime you upgrade the firmware for the ESC it means you have to buy a new ESC
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
Are you guys going update your motor line too? Is there going be a RB-S 17.5 combo? Be cool if there was.
We are hoping to convice them of two changes which will make it virtually identical to the best motor on the market.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #573
Tech Rookie

Hello TEAMWAVE,

How soon the Rb-s will be ready to ship out?
b20b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #574
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Quote:
RB30/RB50 can't be upgraded to RB-S. RB30/50 has its own firmware which is different from RB-S.
So with the iminent release of the RB-S does that mean there will be no further development of the RB 30/50 firmware?

The option of firmware updates and the lower price point is what persuaded me to go TW instead of Tekin, but if this is the end of the development road for RB30/50 that may not have been a wise choice.

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #575
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectickurt View Post
So with the iminent release of the RB-S does that mean there will be no further development of the RB 30/50 firmware?

The option of firmware updates and the lower price point is what persuaded me to go TW instead of Tekin, but if this is the end of the development road for RB30/50 that may not have been a wise choice.
Interesting that the Team Wave "fan club" have gone quiet on this matter. It effectively looks like there is no intention to really do any major upgrade on software/firmware. This was a major feature that has not been used at all. It is a pity as Team Wave has seemed to get their act together with the ESC
Old 12-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #576
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectickurt View Post

That is an unknown but as it is it goes great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Interesting that the Team Wave "fan club" have gone quiet on this matter. It effectively looks like there is no intention to really do any major upgrade on software/firmware. This was a major feature that has not been used at all. It is a pity as Team Wave has seemed to get their act together with the ESC
There have been 2 firmware upgrades that I know of so it has been. I don't see the big fuss with having a hardware upgrade. If a product can be improved then why not? Imagine if Tekin had of stuck with the R1!

Anyway either speedy is great and will give you results on the track.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
That is an unknown but as it is it goes great.

There have been 2 firmware upgrades that I know of so it has been. I don't see the big fuss with having a hardware upgrade. If a product can be improved then why not? Imagine if Tekin had of stuck with the R1!

Anyway either speedy is great and will give you results on the track.
Actually LRP is doing the same as we speak to there custormers too. There updated there SPX to the newer SXX design and rumors are Speed passion is coming out with a gt3 soon. I think progression is great!
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Hello everybody,

TEAM WAVE is going to release a NEW STOCK SPEC oriented brushless speed controller - RB-S. It will be released in December/2009, more information is available in our home page. www.teamwaveonline.com

THANKS.
I use a Team Wave RB50 and have no doubt that it has been the best speed control on the market. On big tracks no one has more top end and at small tracks no one has more punch. Throttle feel is smoother than any other speed control I have tried.

If Team Wave are able to improve upon this with the RB-S then well done to them for being a market leader. To be a market leader you must be innovative and remain ahead of the competition. Firmware upgrades are good but sometimes new technology can only be used if hardware is changed too. No one makes a speed control that is not limited by its design and hardware. Firmware can only do so much.

I look forward to the release of the RB-S. Looks like I know what I want for Xmas!

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 12-02-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #579
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have been testing the RB-S and it is great. The extra settings it has also is a nice feature you guys will like the speed control it is ultra smooth and works real well.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Team Wave drivers at the Australian National Titles. Congratulations to Darren Laughlin who TQ'd and finished 2nd in Stock(17.5) and Troy Laughlin who finished 4th in Modified. With daytime temperatures of 41deg Celsius and track temperatures of over 60 deg Celsius the conditions were a good test for equipment. We experienced no problems even in modified with a 4.0 motor and Turbo on!

Thankyou Team Wave for your support and great products.
Attached Thumbnails
New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-oznatsteamwave.jpg  

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #581
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Question: When running an RB 30 ,say with a Duo, should the timing on the motor be left @ 0 Deg ? or will it work better at 10 Deg , middle hole timing ?

cheers,
Fleety.
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #582
Tech Adept

@ TeamWave , will there be any firmware updates for the RB50 to give it timeshift up to 7 like the RB-S has?, and is there any plans for a firmware update for the RB50 for a twin turbo ?. If not then thats a bummer for all the guys that bought RB50/RB30 as now we'd have to buy an RB-S.
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
@ TeamWave , will there be any firmware updates for the RB50 to give it timeshift up to 7 like the RB-S has?, and is there any plans for a firmware update for the RB50 for a twin turbo ?. If not then thats a bummer for all the guys that bought RB50/RB30 as now we'd have to buy an RB-S.
Team Wave already commented on that.

"RB30/RB50 can't be upgraded to RB-S. RB30/50 has its own firmware which is different from RB-S. "
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #584
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
Team Wave already commented on that.

"RB30/RB50 can't be upgraded to RB-S. RB30/50 has its own firmware which is different from RB-S. "

I'm aware of that, i asked if there will be any further firmware updates to add more timeshift to an RB50, if you remember the earlier RB50 only had timeshift 4 and an update gave it timeshift 5, thats why i asked if there will be any more updates for the RB50 for more timeshift, and "maybe" even a twin turbo. Think about it from the point of view that many people have bought the RB50 on the knowledge that it would not be an outdated speedo, as it had firmware updates. Now TeamWave releases an RB-S and says the RB50 cant be updated, is kind of a bummer to all the RB50 owners
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #585
Tech Adept

We will continue to support RB30/50 and new firmware will be available if needed.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote