Tech Regular

hi max you have a mail

regards
olivier gremillet
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
well I finally got round to installing my RB50 into my car and went testin yesterday and wow it was quick only problem is after 5 min it came off at about 90 deg.

So a few questions

Is there / is there going to be a update in terms of brakes as I felt them being a bit soft at time (no late braking).

What fan systems are people running on these

What settings are people running?

What temp. should you not go above?

I was running a team wave 10.5 and nosram motor on it yesterday at a out door large tarmac track (cotswold uk)

Any input would be much appreciated.

Idon't know if you have adjusted it but you can set the brake amount and aggressiveness just turn them up to full and back off to 70 % brakes and see how that goes!! increase percentage till you get to a happy median. i also felt a lack of brakes but with the aggressiveness turn up to max the brakes come very strong straight away a bit like a punch control!! hope that helps as i belive this is a very fast speedy. i beleive the fastest for spec racing!!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
303slowdown,

We will have update very soon, after that time shift will increase to 5 steps. Turbo will also be improved (faster!)

We strongly recommend running time shift "4" and turbo on for stock racing.

You can also set drive profile to 8 for 13.5.
+1 ,i drive in stock 13.5,very good profils

regards
olivier
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good !
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Never use "supercap" !! It is a burden to the whole system and won't help !
can you elaborate please !!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

razzor,

Supercap has much higher internal resistance than the battery. The use of the cap is to help the battery for instant current output, if the capacitor resistance is higher than the battery, how can it help to output? The battery not only need to give power to the motor, it also take time to charge the cap. Supercap is useful in application where the resistance of the battery is high. In RC application, the resistance of the battery is very low !
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

razzor,

Supercap has much higher internal resistance than the battery. The use of the cap is to help the battery for instant current output, if the capacitor resistance is higher than the battery, how can it help to output? The battery not only need to give power to the motor, it also take time to charge the cap. Supercap is useful in application where the resistance of the battery is high. In RC application, the resistance of the battery is very low !
Thank you ;
Old 06-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

We are happy that TEAM WAVE driver Sammy Fung TQ and won Much-More cup Hong Kong in 11.5 pro-stock class using TEAM WAVE RB50 ESC and Linear 11.5T motor !!

In the same race, TEAM WAVE driver Mr Ip kwok wai placed 2nd (A2) in 1/12 modify class using TEAM WAVE RB50 ESC and Linear 5.5T motor !!

Date: 2-MAY-2009
Venue: TRC racing circuit Hong Kong

Pro-stock:
1st: Sammy Fung (Hong Kong , Team Losi, TEAM WAVE)
2nd: Azri Amri (Malaysia, X ray, LRP)
3rd: Hj Irman (Brunei, X ray, LRP)

1/12 on road:
1st: Micheal Cheung
2nd: Ip kwok wai (Hong Kong, Associated, TEAM WAVE)
3rd: Poon Chiu

Thanks for Samuel Chiu (Much-More Hong Kong) supporting this race.
Attached Thumbnails New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-10ep.jpg   New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-12ep-.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

We are happy that UK Team Wave driver, Tom Jefferies won 1st place in Pro-Stock at the Much-More UK GP, held in Stonehaven, Scotland between 12th - 14th June. Tom used the TEAM WAVE RB50 and Linear 10.5T motor.

Pro-Stock:
1st Tom Jefferies (UK, TEAM WAVE, Team Associated)
2nd Scott Kenny (N. Ireland)
3rd Mark Musgrove (UK, Schumacher)

Tom will use the TEAM WAVE RB50 at this weekend's UK BRCA National at the Halifax circuit.

Jason Lowe won the Team Wave RB30 in the raffle and local TEAM WAVE driver Kenny Clark won a Team Wave Linear 10.5T motor!

Thanks to Keith (Much-More UK) for supporting this race.
Attached Thumbnails New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-dsc00864_640.jpg   New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-dsc00865_640.jpg   New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-100_0328.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

WHats the resistance of the controllers?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason Lowe won the Team Wave RB30 in the raffle and local TEAM WAVE driver Kenny Clark won a Team Wave Linear 10.5T motor!

Yes! It's me who won the Team Wave RB30! It will be going in my off road buggy as soon as I get a 7.5t motor. Big thank you for Much-More UK for their continued support of this great event.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I had issues with my RB30 and the temp cutoff, even disabled shows the solid red led and slows the car. Also it only has three setting for the lipo cutoff. 2 cells, 3 cell and disabled. Can be upgraded to the latest version with more voltage options?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We are happy that UK Team Wave driver, Tom Jefferies won 1st place in Pro-Stock at the Much-More UK GP, held in Stonehaven, Scotland between 12th - 14th June. Tom used the TEAM WAVE RB50 and Linear 10.5T motor.

Pro-Stock:
1st Tom Jefferies (UK, TEAM WAVE, Team Associated)
2nd Scott Kenny (N. Ireland)
3rd Mark Musgrove (UK, Schumacher)

Tom will use the TEAM WAVE RB50 at this weekend's UK BRCA National at the Halifax circuit.

Good news !
Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hi chemax_t,

Yes, the firmware can be upgraded using the RB-handheld programming unit, which is now available in our online store @ USD20.
Software and firmware can be download from our home page next week.

www.teamwaveonline.com
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Rookie

the software upgrade makes a massive difference to the speedo, at the much more gp i ran the new version of the software and the difference was very noticable. There is a noticlabe improvement in braking feel and power, as well as a fair bit of extra horse power. when i first switched to team wave i used the speedo with a different make of motor but i found that using a team wave motor as well as the speed controller gives large power gain over other systems.

tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.