R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #1756
Tech Adept

audriusv:

That diode is fine for slower motor like 19T-27T, if running faster motor, use two of this diode.

flashrevolution,
we don't have rpm and temp log function in the current firmware.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #1757
Tech Rookie

I've just updated my ESC to the 2.1.0.e. I'm running a 21.5T motor and for the life of me it doesn't sound like the turbo cuts in. But I have absolutely no of telling if it does or doesn't. Is there any feature to let me know if it is in "turbo" timing? Like the LED changes?

Thanks,
wurly.
wurlyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #1758
Tech Addict

someone have a good starting point for the new firmware? And fdr for a 10.5t speed passion v3 on a long track?
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #1759
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am sure Max has a good starting setup, I believe he sent it to me sometime ago, but I cannot find it as yet.... will keep looking for you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
someone have a good starting point for the new firmware? And fdr for a 10.5t speed passion v3 on a long track?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #1760
Tech Addict

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #1761
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi,
thinking to start racing electric touring car pro stock class 10.5 (now only nitro and tamiya mini), and just saw that Team wave is in very good price compare to LRP o TEKIN or NOVAK. What about performance against that brands? Im thinking about combo RB-S + 10.5 Linear... Or mayby better would be RB50 + 10.5 Linear?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #1762
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
hi,
thinking to start racing electric touring car pro stock class 10.5 (now only nitro and tamiya mini), and just saw that Team wave is in very good price compare to LRP o TEKIN or NOVAK. What about performance against that brands? Im thinking about combo RB-S + 10.5 Linear... Or mayby better would be RB50 + 10.5 Linear?
If you are thinking to run 10.5 only RB-S in better than RB50, as Max of Team Wave can tell you the firmware are studied basically for RB-s but is working also on RB50. For what is concerning performance in my opinion RB-S is the smoothest esc on the market, easier to drive than the other brand.

Ciao
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #1763
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

firstly welcome to eco TC rather than smelly oily ones hehehe

I too race Tamiya minis... so much fun!

I have been using Team Wave products for many years now and have got to know Max from Team Wave very well.

How do they compare to the LRP and TEKINS? well I am not sure what the support is like for other brands in your area, but it is something to concider.

When I started using TW speedos and motors, they were not widely available in the UK, only mail order from HK so I was weary about support etc but I can hand on heart say that Max is great at customer support no matter where you are in the world. I used to race for a well known RC Distributor and Max can get things to me quicker from HK than my old sponsor in the UK!

There is now 1/3 running Team Wave ESCs at my local club, and apart from the odd "plugging in the wrong way" and user error everyone seems really happy with them.

I know I may sound bias, but I would not run Team Wave if I was not happy with them!

If you have any questions, please ask away, I am sure there are mny people on here who can help you out.... and what you save from buying team wave... means you get more beer money... I mean more to speand else where! hehehehe

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
hi,
Old 03-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #1764
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for that guys.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #1765
Tech Rookie

Hi all.

When using my esc in anger. I drive along and then my car comes to abrupt stop. The servo stops working and the power is cut to the rx and the LED on the esc is turned off. Everything is still connected to the lipo and a quick flick of the power switch resolves this.

Is this situation the esc temp cut kicking in? The esc is fairly cool mind, about 40degs on the heatsink.

Thankyou,
Glen.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #1766
Tech Adept

wurlyvalve,

Please check the switch of the ESC, sometimes the switch is getting damaged during plugging the RED firmware update wire. (You can open up the switch by 1 screw)

For 21.5T, you can lift off your car and pull full throttle to test and turbo kick-in, the Green LED should be solid green when you pull full throttle.

jorgesimes,
For 10.5T, you can start FDR 7.0 with high time shift (>7) and high turbo (>7) settings on large track. If the track is very large, you can go down the FDR to 5.5.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #1767
Tech Rookie

At what rpm, with the most aggressive timing ramp, does the timing reach its max timing? What is its slew rate? degrees/rpm or rpm's/degree?

Not including turbo of course, this is throttle triggered.

Thanks.

PS referring to 2_1_e firmware
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #1768
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
jorgesimes,
For 10.5T, you can start FDR 7.0 with high time shift (>7) and high turbo (>7) settings on large track. If the track is very large, you can go down the FDR to 5.5.
Thanks Max.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #1769
Tech Initiate

Max,

Wondering if you can help with a strange ish one.

I have had a RB50 for 18 months now and it works awesome in TC, with a 10.5. Using the latest software and no problems at all.

At the weekend i put it in my new 2wd Off-Road Buggy. I usually run a 10.5 in Buggy but as it's new and i want to move up a little, i wired in a 7.5.

Because of space issues, i took the Fan Off. Now i know everyone is going to immediately jump and say that is my problem, but i'm not too sure...

I ran the buggy twice and both times the Speedo thermalled. Once disconnected and reconnected it was fine again. I had the cut off at 110', didn't think there was any point trying 120'

I've never ran a Fan in buggy before with 10.5 and can't believe going to a 7.5 can make that much difference.

Motor was not too warm really, just the speedo.

I was wondering whether it had something to do with the Firmware on the speedo. What Firmware would you suggest and what settings would you advise.

Thank you for any help with this issue.

Anyone else is very welcome to add their thoughts as well.
russmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #1770
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Moelec
Talking The Best Customer Service

Hi Everyone! recently my RB50 becomes to smoke, and after only 5 mails, i have a new RB50 in my car, THANKS TO MAX AND TEAM WAVE MEMBERS, now it's time to race and to find a good starting point to setup.

Regards. Josep.
Spektrum DX3S
Moelec is offline   Reply With Quote