R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 AM   #1501
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sheffield England
Posts: 55
Default

There is no reverse on the 2.02 firmware dont know about the 2.1
martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #1502
Tech Initiate
 
Gary_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Leicester ENGLAND
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynp View Post
There is no reverse on the 2.02 firmware dont know about the 2.1
Thanks for the info Martyn

@TeamWave
is there any chance you can do repost the latest software on your main site with two options like . . . .

Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = super stock, 2 = sportsman (ROAR SPEC)
&
Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = Forward brake,Reverse 2 = Forward brake
or can you do option 0 or 10 with it

This then gives us all more options with the RB ESC
as per are rules for running Mardaves

Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.
Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.
__________________
RB30 2s lipo 13.5 brushless firmware v1.3 3Racing F1

RBS 1s Lipo 13.5 with booster firmware v1.0 Mardave with reverse

Last edited by Gary_UK; 08-10-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Gary_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #1503
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sheffield England
Posts: 55
Default

The older firmware did have reverse
martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #1504
Tech Initiate
 
Gary_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Leicester ENGLAND
Posts: 38
Default

Again thanks Martyn

So has any one out there got the Firmware with reverse they can post Or PM me

Thanks Gary
__________________
RB30 2s lipo 13.5 brushless firmware v1.3 3Racing F1

RBS 1s Lipo 13.5 with booster firmware v1.0 Mardave with reverse
Gary_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #1505
Tech Regular
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

PM me your email address Gary and I'll send all of the firmwares across to you.
__________________
Swith Racing [www.swithracing.co.uk]
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #1506
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centurion RSA
Posts: 61
Default

Team Wave! I am getting confused! As per the new programming card on the website you can ONLY go to 3-3 on the programmer! Now i`ve seen the profiles that was posted and some guys have 3-8? Also where is kickin defined? And how does drive profile work? Any replies would be appreciated!
benTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #1507
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sheffield England
Posts: 55
Default

Try the rb30/50 1.3 on the team wave downloads I think that has reverse
martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #1508
Tech Initiate
 
Gary_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Leicester ENGLAND
Posts: 38
Default

Conrad PM sent

many thanks
__________________
RB30 2s lipo 13.5 brushless firmware v1.3 3Racing F1

RBS 1s Lipo 13.5 with booster firmware v1.0 Mardave with reverse
Gary_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #1509
Tech Initiate
 
Gary_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Leicester ENGLAND
Posts: 38
Default

TO ALL

was thinking about setting up a LIVE chat room on my web site so we can all talk to each other and setting up some think like this forum for us any one intrested before I set it up
__________________
RB30 2s lipo 13.5 brushless firmware v1.3 3Racing F1

RBS 1s Lipo 13.5 with booster firmware v1.0 Mardave with reverse
Gary_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #1510
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_UK View Post
TO ALL

was thinking about setting up a LIVE chat room on my web site so we can all talk to each other and setting up some think like this forum for us any one intrested before I set it up
A better organised information repository on set ups etc. would be greatly appreciated but as far as a place to chat, this forum works well for me.
CrustyNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #1511
Tech Adept
 
wide_mouth_frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: www.absdesigns.co.uk
Posts: 236
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi there,

Right.. first thing, the programmer recognizes what firmware you have on your speed control, so if your one is only going to 3 and other going to 8, I would think you have an older firmware version on your speed control (what do you have, RB30, RB50, RBS).. if you have an older version, it is really easy to update it via teamwaveonline.com then downloads.

Kick in i believe to be very dependent on the RPM of your motor, so say a kick in of 2 on a ratio of 7.0 will "kick in" earlier than a kick in of 2 on say a ratio 4.5

Driver profile is just how linier the throttle is...more drivability than a performance setting.

I am sure Team Wave will comment if anything I have said is wrong, but I think these are the answers to your questions

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by benTC5 View Post
Team Wave! I am getting confused! As per the new programming card on the website you can ONLY go to 3-3 on the programmer! Now i`ve seen the profiles that was posted and some guys have 3-8? Also where is kickin defined? And how does drive profile work? Any replies would be appreciated!
__________________
Team Wave - absdesigns.co.uk - Selections RC
wide_mouth_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 AM   #1512
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

RBS V202g profile setting guide

Page 1/ Time Shift ( 1 – 9 ) Higher number for higher overall speed
Page 2/ Gain ( 1- 4 ) Higher number for faster acceleration
Page 3/ Turbo (1-9) Higher number for higher top speed
Page 4/ Kick-in (1 – 9) Higher number for earlier kick-in*
1/ off
2/ 35,000rpm
3/ 33,000rpm
4/ 31,000rpm
5/ 29,000rpm
6/ 27,000rpm
7/ 25,000rpm
8/ 23,000rpm
9/ 21,000rpm
Page 5/ Drive profile (1-9) Higher number for higher punch
Page 6/ Neutral brake (1-9) Higher number for stronger neutral brake
Page 7/ Temp cut ( 1- 5 ) 90C,100C,110C,120C,OFF
Page 8/ LiPo cut (1 - 4) 6.4V,6.2V,6.0V,OFF
Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = super stock, 2 = sportsman (ROAR SPEC)**


*Higher Kick-in number doesn’t always equal to faster straight line speed or faster pick up. User may experience faster acceleration, speed catch up using lower kick-in value.

**Super stock means item 1-4 are activated.
**sportsman (ROAR SPEC) means zero timing, item 1-4 are deactivated.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #1513
Tech Adept
 
TEAMWAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Default

The handheld programmer can recognize your ESC firmware and show all tunable parameter.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #1514
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
RBS V202g profile setting guide

Page 1/ Time Shift ( 1 – 9 ) Higher number for higher overall speed
Page 2/ Gain ( 1- 4 ) Higher number for faster acceleration
Page 3/ Turbo (1-9) Higher number for higher top speed
Page 4/ Kick-in (1 – 9) Higher number for earlier kick-in*
1/ off
2/ 35,000rpm
3/ 33,000rpm
4/ 31,000rpm
5/ 29,000rpm
6/ 27,000rpm
7/ 25,000rpm
8/ 23,000rpm
9/ 21,000rpm
Page 5/ Drive profile (1-9) Higher number for higher punch
Page 6/ Neutral brake (1-9) Higher number for stronger neutral brake
Page 7/ Temp cut ( 1- 5 ) 90C,100C,110C,120C,OFF
Page 8/ LiPo cut (1 - 4) 6.4V,6.2V,6.0V,OFF
Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = super stock, 2 = sportsman (ROAR SPEC)**


*Higher Kick-in number doesn’t always equal to faster straight line speed or faster pick up. User may experience faster acceleration, speed catch up using lower kick-in value.

**Super stock means item 1-4 are activated.
**sportsman (ROAR SPEC) means zero timing, item 1-4 are deactivated.
Just wondering whether you should consider changing the names or descriptions of the profiles, or am I the only one that gets confused?? Above description:
Page 1/ Time Shift ( 1 – 9 ) Higher number for higher overall speed
Page 3/ Turbo (1-9) Higher number for higher top speed

Don't those descriptions say the same thing??

Page 1/ Time Shift ( 1 – 9 ) Higher number for higher overall speed

The nice chart on the Teamwave Website shows the redline the same top speed regardless of what timeshift is being used, rather it just says the transition is smoother when Turbo kicks in.

Perhaps something that could be looked at with the next firmware upgrade????

Cheers
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #1515
Tech Initiate
 
Gary_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Leicester ENGLAND
Posts: 38
Default and again

and the question again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_UK View Post

@TeamWave
is there any chance you can do repost the latest software on your main site with two options like . . . .

Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = super stock, 2 = sportsman (ROAR SPEC)
&
Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = Forward brake,Reverse 2 = Forward brake
or can you do option 0 or 10 with it

This then gives us all more options with the RB ESC
as per are rules for running Mardaves

Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.
Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.

RB30 in My Dave inc 1s LiPo booster seen on the left side
__________________
RB30 2s lipo 13.5 brushless firmware v1.3 3Racing F1

RBS 1s Lipo 13.5 with booster firmware v1.0 Mardave with reverse

Last edited by Gary_UK; 08-13-2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added pic
Gary_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak Racing Brushless System (3.5) andy85 Electric On-Road 2 07-12-2007 07:24 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System TRiN Australia For Sale/Trade 2 04-02-2007 04:56 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System Wolverini R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-04-2007 03:28 PM
tekin brushless racing system??? streetracer745 Electric Off-Road 7 01-16-2007 01:46 PM
Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system TEAMWAVE Electric On-Road 271 11-19-2006 08:06 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net