Tech Apprentice

Default Rubber-Spec /Foam-Spec

What is the differance between the 2 ??
Armedforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Foam Spec: Running foam tires , thicker chasis to give less flex of the chasis and you usually run sway bars on this one as well.

Rubber Spec: Running rubber tires, thinner chasis to give more flex of the chasis. Usually don't run sway bars with this one but some people do anyway.

Disclaimer: Not a guru on this just what I have learned from being on the forums. I am sure someone else will come along to give more imput on this.
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Well with that said sounds like I would need to cars one that is Rubber Spec and one that is Foam Spec dang that sucks unless there is a car that is good all around any suggestions ??
Armedforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

I am in the process of getting my parts and tools list together for a Team Losi Type R. Its always good to find out what parts break alot and have spares on hand. I like it because its different from the rest. All the cars out there have batteries on one side, electronics on the other.

The Type R has the batteries right down the center, and parts are not as expensive as say a Xray or Corally. One thing you should keep in mind when shopping for a car is parts support. What will your local hobby shop support so you don't have to keep buying parts on the internet as well as does anyone at your track run the car you want so you can get setup help.

I think most people buy two cars one for foam one for rubber because they don't want to have to make drastic setup changes and of course because the have the funds to do it.

Another car that I have kept my eye on is Team Magic. Their suppose to be coming out with a E4JS model which is tailored to hobbyist on a budget. Might want to look into that one but again if your local shop is not stocking parts you will be on the internet looking.

Last edited by dfiantii; 03-24-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

In addition to what has already been posted, foam spec cars typically come with a front diff and rubber spec cars typically come with a oneway.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Very true. The Type R comes with two diffs and i plan to have one as a spare and install a spool upfront. Not to many people are happy with the one-way thats offered for it.