R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to zachzachz
Default spur on losi x-s

I broke my main chassis so I got a new one and I can't fiogure out how to take my spur gear off of it. When I turn the screw it just keeps turning. I know it's because it's screwedinto a nut and I can hold the nut because the tool it came with is too small. Anybody who has the losi xxx-s and has taken the spur off, how did you do it?

keep in mind I have the rtr version.

Zach
zachzachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:44 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

On the side away from the pulley wheel (closest to motor), there should be a silver "post" the spur spins on -- this is what you are threading the screw into. It should have a flat edge to the flanged part on the side closest to the motor. Usually, I believe this is supposed to fit in a groove in the chassis. It has most likely come out of the groove and is freewheeling with the turn of the screw. Try and stick something down to make sure this doesn't turn. Then, just unscrew the two screws (on opposite sides of the spur) and you are good to go.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 12:07 AM   #3
Tech Adept

See that's the problem I can't keep the flanged part of the post still while I try and turn the screw. Any ideas?
Old 07-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Can't you stick a small flathead screwdriver or something down there to stop it? Heck, you might even be able to use that metal tunrbuckle "tool" they put in with the kit. If it fits, that should be your best bet.

And, uh, did you try squeezing the sides together? You might be able to put enough resistance on it that way. I have never had a problem with mine. Did you use thread lock or something?
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Well I had to change the spur because it was stripped and my main chassis was broken, so I finally got it out by taking a golf towel ring and putting it under the nut and pulling up really hard while turning the screw. Then to get it in the new chassis (which team losi sent very quickly for free I might add) I just squeezed really hard on the plastic sides. Then when I go to set the tension on my belt it doesn't fit right. Turns out they sent me the wrong main chassis. I called them up and asked them if there was a difference between the rtr and the kit version chassis of the xxx-s, they said no. So I said then how come it looks longer and my belt doesn't fit right? They said that they probably sent me the main chassis for the xxx-4 or something. It looks almost exactly alike but it's a little longer, the only other difference that I didn't realize was the indents for the batteries are a little different too. So now they're going to send me the right chassis. Wow I've had a headache, now I have to take everything I put on the wrong chassis off and put it on the right one which I will hopefully get before saturday so I can race. But I give props to team losi for first sending me a new chassis for free, and second for sending me another chassis for free. Also it came in 3 days in the mail I was expecting 2 weeks.

Zach
Old 07-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Them sending you a new chassis because you stripped the holes in the chassis is really a class act.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:30 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Yeah I know I was really surprised, they didn't even want me to send in the stripped one. I give tons of props to them.

Zach