R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedforces View Post
Being in Military and moving a lot means it will be difficult to race what club’s are using a particular car. So what I guess Xray would be the choice, are lipo’s becoming popular for racing will they replace current batteries ? Also when buying a car is it easy to transform battery trays in order to fit lipo batteries. As far is equipment I know I will need set up board , charger/discharger anything else you all can think off ?
With that one more question when it comes to foam tires I have noticed that drivers cut them a lot just to race why is that ? those things are so expansive .
Lots of good info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212653

Also, running foam tires "out of the package" would seem like you get more runs for your money, but thicker foam chunks easier, effectively reducing the number of runs you get out of a set of foam tires. A "false economy". A lot of drivers start them out about 57.5 - 58 mm. Plus, a lot of pros get them for free, or 50 - 75% off, so they are looking for the most performance. Thinner foam is more consistent, and faster. To a point, then the handling is inconsistent.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Talking

TT-01 Way TO GO MAN

The more you put money into it, IT GETS STRONGER AND HAIRER
TA05MS, F201, F103GT, RS4 Mini, TopForce (original), Mini Inferno, **Tamiya BMT 931 K4** "I am a new soul, welcome to the new world, so proud to joint the TEAM MORON. lalalala" We love Onions products, so touching. COL - cry out loud
zenithrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #18
Tech Adept

it depend on what class you want to race.

money is not the key to win, the weight and balance is!

I use mini servo to save weight on the front end, it makes a huge difference.
TA05MS, F201, F103GT, RS4 Mini, TopForce (original), Mini Inferno, **Tamiya BMT 931 K4** "I am a new soul, welcome to the new world, so proud to joint the TEAM MORON. lalalala" We love Onions products, so touching. COL - cry out loud
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Get what you can get with a good deal or part supports. Tamiya TRF415/416, Corally RDX, Xray T2, Hot Bodies Cyclone World Edition are very good chassises.

For lower end: I saw TB-02 for $80 on the ebay good car for beginner, too. HB/HPI Cyclone (plastic chassis) is very good also.

ESC and Motor, must ask your track buddies, Novak, LRP, GM, Orion etc... they all good. I would like to go bushless myself

Servo: Futaba 9550 is very pouplar. new model is 9551, almost the same.

Radio: get a FM 75Mhz or 2.4Ghz, any brand is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedforces View Post
To be competitive what would be the right car? The electronics & motor ? what equipment do I need to have? to stay on top of the game ? I hear things like the more you have into your car the faster you will be ?

Please Advice
Thank You