R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2003, 11:36 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

I have to seccond the Gary Owen nomination. Those of you that have ever attended a race at the old "Lake Whipporwill" would know what I mean. It was like having a spotter/ T.V. announcer with you the whole time!

Scotty is also right there also!!
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 12:00 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smartazz07
Arrow

I've only raced at ripon so my say probly doesnt really count and Ive just started racing this season. And only when my schedule(and my parents!) allow. But they all sound like great. announcers I wish we had a more enthusiastic one but he's pretty good sometimes hard to understand though because of his strong accent. And our other, the track owner, is OK. BUt Its still fun!
Smartazz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 03:24 AM   #18
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Everybody will have their own preferences here and there. It's no big deal to not have the same favorite announcer as the next guy.

For me, Scotty is the best R/C announcer I've heard. I run a track on a weekly basis and I try to emulate him as much as possible when I announce, though I can't come close to catching the cars as easily as he does.

And another thing: Scotty is great with names. I brought a friend to Trackside for the first time, and then back about a month later, and he remembered his name. That's impressive, especially when your track is drawing 80-100 people on the weekend like his does!
Old 07-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #19
CGR
Tech Regular

Scott Anfinson at SRS (home of the Cactus) is a great announcer.
CGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You're right, futureal, Scotty even remembered me after the first time we met several years ago. I first went up there for a TCS race he did, & a year & a half later, a couple of us decided to go back up for our first Novak race, so I called Trackside to get some info, & Scotty instantly remembered me, even though we didn't have that much time together before. Now, he hardly even needs me to say who I am over the phone, he pretty much recognizes my voice(& he's the FIRST track announcer to EVER get my last name right on the first try). There may have been(& may be) better announcers, but I've yet to meet one that does or did it better than Scotty, few people have as much enthusiasm for the hobby as he does(he's still a racer like all of us).....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Ive always wanted to give it a try. I did a couple of swim meets but announcing RC races sounds like a whole different thing entirely
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:15 PM   #22
Tech Master

Scotty is one of the most enthused announcers that I have heard. If we ever wanted to get more spectators into this hobby, we need more announcers like him. Barry Baker is not bad either.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:13 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't care as long as they are half decent and HUMAN BEINGS...... This computer announcing crap needs to stop, I hate it!!!!!!

All I wanna here while racing is positions around the 2 minute mark nd 4 1/2 min. mark.... and lap times....for eveyone, every once in a while... Nothing pumps me up ike hearing that my laptimes are as fast as the leaders during the race... or a few tenths off which makes me push a little harder to do better!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:46 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Scott Anfinson at SRS in AZ and Scotty Ernst at Trackside in WI
Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #25
Tech Master

scotty is real good..but here in florida were spoiled by kenny "the scare crow" holmes. you might have heard him before? he does 90% of the announcing at the snowbirds? for oval racing i wouldn't consider anyone else! he is da man! long live scare crow
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:48 AM   #26
Tech Master

okay, i am from hawaii as it says, and I obviously have very little experience outside of local races, but I have watched some vids of other races such as the reedy race and on road worlds in SAfrica.

So I'll just go with my local announcer... All I have to say is I know him and he has a tongue that searches for your funny bone... Great for spectators and when you've got your places all locked up, but when you're inches in front of second or third a joke isn't what you need . He calls interesting races with great vigour calling traffic when needed and lists off lap times when things look like they will start to get interesting within a couple laps. But when the lower mains are boring, he kind of checks out of work. This makes turn marshalling hard because you don't want to pay attention. But during the A mains and B-mains he is on top of everything... from lapped cars, turn marshalling to spectators in the non-spectator areas.

I wish I was as previliged as most of you are when it comes to racing facilities .
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:44 PM   #27
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My favorite announcer: Marcus, from the old Ranch Pit Shop days. I wonder what happened to him?
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:24 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I don't care as long as they are half decent and HUMAN BEINGS...... This computer announcing crap needs to stop, I hate it!!!!!!

All I wanna here while racing is positions around the 2 minute mark nd 4 1/2 min. mark.... and lap times....for eveyone, every once in a while... Nothing pumps me up ike hearing that my laptimes are as fast as the leaders during the race... or a few tenths off which makes me push a little harder to do better!!!
I second that! You can barely understand it sometimes too. Makes me sleepy!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah!! and the POS never gets my name right!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote