Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SpeedWorld Closed for re-model >

SpeedWorld Closed for re-model

SpeedWorld Closed for re-model

Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SpeedWorld Closed for re-model

Hello everybody, after 8 years of being open since 1999, SpeedWorld has held several ROAR Nationals and NORRCA’s first ever 1/10 Electric Sedan Worlds at this facility. We have been honored to have the best drivers in the World from USA to International come and race at our facility. The race facility will be closed for three weeks. SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies will be in the process of re-modeling the entire race facility. We are asphalting a NEW area of 164 x 80 feet of surface along with a 48 foot length driver’s stand. Our old facility track was 117 x 65 so it will be much bigger.

SpeedWorld would like to thank all the racers that have been to SpeedWorld over the years and have met many new friends and many have become family members. We look forward on having some bigger races at SpeedWorld facility and having you racers come back when the project is done and race with us would be an honor.

I really have to thank all the members from www.RiverCityRC.ORG, Northern California racers, Jake’s Performance Hobbies, Remote Control Hobbies and some of our local business for advertising with us to help start this project for SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies.

MUST READ:

This is what is unbelievable and that is why I am sharing this information with you. We were going to re-model in 2009 if I did not sale the hobby shop and race facility, but it seemed that some of our local racers did not want to wait to re-model, not because the facility was thrashed, they wanted a longer straightaway and probably to keep me here longer and not sell the place, LOL.. So what those people that I have mentioned above alone have got together and called in to help when they heard about this plan, raised over $11,000.00 dollars of the $24,000.00 re-model project for SpeedWorld in less than 3 weeks, but I can really say it was only over a 4 day process, that is what is unbelievable. I am sure there are a lot of great racers out there that would help their hobby shop race track facility out, but this is the most unbelievable, unselfish story that I have ever heard of in the r/c business in 25 years.

I was thinking about selling the facility earlier in the year, but I guess I am not now, LOL.

This project will be starting next Wednesday Feb 27, next week.

This is very overwhelming and my wife Tracy and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You gays and gals are awesome and best in the hobby industry and we hope to see many new faces in the next year or two for racing.

Again, thank you everybody that has made this possible to start this project and all racers that have ever been to SpeedWorld. All you racers over the years have always respected us and our facility and that is why I have made sure along with other race facility owners I am sure, keep our facility one of the nicest in the country, because we enjoy you racers, you are our family.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman

www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 02-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorry i could not make it up to help with the take down. I can not wait till it done and see how it look.

take a lot of pic and post them up.

Good luck billy.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I should be out helping tomarow! I hope Grant comes also lol

Cant wait to get this done so we can get some track time in!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That means Speedworld will be even better????!!!!

cool, congrats Billy and crew!

I cant wait to race there again!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It nice to hear that good things happen to good people. Billy, you are a class act and you have always looked out for the racers. It makes sense that the locals there stepped up to keep the BEST race track on the west coast alive and under than management one of the nicest, most honest, selfless guys in the business.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Billy you are a classy dude. I never have raced at your place yet, but getting ready to this year for the first time. You have a really nice place now and I can not imagine it looking much better, but I know it will. You have gone way out of your way to help me when you didn’t have too and you did and I didn’t even buy my race products from you, but I always will now.

Thanks you for the kind greeting and service you deserve what you get, karma is always in the works for good people.

SteveO
Old 02-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

so now I can run my 3.5 at speedworld.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:25 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Clint...I think you meant 13.5

Billy, Hope I get a chance to race at SWR again. Next time I'm visiting family I'll bring my stuff

Paul Paras
Old 02-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Too bad for you that Mo has that 2t Tekin, and I'm going to get a 3t LRP.

"RIP, STLNLST KING OF THE STRAIGHTAWAY" LMAO!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Dude!,

^^Billy Bowerman^^ This man I ve met. He is awesome friendly, sense of humor!, and love to help others.

2-10-2008 before Speedworld is closed.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B

Whens that going into use?

I dont want to race you guys darnit!

I wish I could of came to help, freaking school work!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B

First off the Tekin has to prove it works and 2nd you better buy two of those motors if you're going to run that sort of power in the heat at the speedworld cup Billy is going to have to fly Matt Howard in if I'm going to have some comp down the straight!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

First off the Tekin has to prove it works and 2nd you better buy two of those motors if you're going to run that sort of power in the heat at the speedworld cup Billy is going to have to fly Matt Howard in if I'm going to have some comp down the straight!!!!!
it'll be hella fast going BACKWARDS
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Cant wait until I get a chance to make it back up there and race on the new track, sounds huge!

I think it's gonna take more than a 3.5 on a 165ft straight Clint...
Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Billy, can't wait to see pics of the new track! Wish I could be there for the opening weekend )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.