R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2003, 07:52 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default OVA T4/L2 looking for set up information

Hi Im the new distributor in the UK for OVA could anyone share there set ups for OVA T4/L2 ie for Carpet, tarmac, ect. I hear that KO RACER and Macky are the guys to talk to

Many thanks
Dan
Planet-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Macky Send a message via Yahoo to Macky

I can't help you to much on set ups. I haven't run mine yet. At one time there was going to be a couple of places here in the states that was going to stock the kits and parts but nothing as of yet. I have a few spare parts and a few of te suspension pieces are Yokomo but I just don't have the hart to run it (yet).
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Hi Macky

Thanks for the reply, Ive left my reply on paulc thread.

Dan
Old 07-15-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Anyone out there with secret OVA T4 setups
We would like to hear from you
Old 07-15-2003, 01:48 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hey planet,

i don't think you're going to find much here with respect to the ova cars. i've been one of a handful that either have one or want one. i passed on macky's a few months back, but may have one in the future. it's good to see someone trying to get some distribution outside of japan.

i have a few questions

- which of the kits will you be able to get?
- which of the parts will you have access to?
- can you list a ballpark price on the t4/l2?
- will you ship to the states?

the ova car has some notable features. one of which is the easy diff and layshaft access. just awesome. i'd like to see a continuous top plate for carpet use as an option.

good luck!

chris.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys, have you tried setups from this site?

http://www.ova.co.jp/sheetbox/yatabe929.pdf

thats one of the setups available from thier site. Thanks for your inputs. Am just about sold on the idea of getting an OVA. Just to be different.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:00 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Hi Seaball and paulc,
Hope your well guys and thanks for the responce, very interesting. yes i have all the set ups from Japan website and am in the process of translating them. Yes the car is very rare at this moment but maybe theres a chance someones secretly got some set ups
Regarding any information that you require, your more than welcome to Email me, you can find my Email in the personal Members bit this then will go straight to my office.

In answer to your questions Seaball

- which of the kits will you be able to get?

We are able to get all versions, but we have ordered our kits to a special spec. the kits that we supply include the following which is not included as standard: full OVA shock set, OVA spring set, OVA aluminum C hubs, shims, Wheels ect, these items are not included for standard kit and we felt the customer would like to have these extras included in kit.

- which of the parts will you have access to?

We have access to all parts ,Hop ups ect we have a large stock of spares at this moment and are waiting for more kits and parts as we speak.

- can you list a ballpark price on the t4/l2?

Yes the price for OVA T4/L2 with extra items ie. Shocks, Aluminum C hubs ect, ect is 340, i think car is normal $430 us dollars but this does not include the extras that we include in kit.

- will you ship to the states?

Yes if you have any problems with supply we are more than happy to do this are customers are very important to us and we like to help out where ever we can.

Planet-RC website will be full of info and will be online, no later than the mid September 2003

take care guys

Dan
Old 07-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #8
Tech Elite

thank you for your prompt reply.

this seems to me to be taylored toward asphalt racing. with the summer half over, i may have to wait until next year.

is anyone intending to run this on carpet? i am interested to find out how well it will run on ozite. i would think that the optional chassis would be a must here.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:49 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

Hi seaball,

Thanks for the kind comments seaball

Yes the car in standard trim is very good on asphalt but is also very good on carpet the first time car was raced at club level on carpet we set fastest qualifying time with out any probs

I will be trying 2.5mm lower chassis and 3mm upper decks soon.

The car in standard spec has no flex but with the 2.5mm lower deck and 3mm top decks I feel it might need a crow bar to make it twist

My personal OVA T4/L2 is at this moment being fitted with dual upper decks and other quite cool stuff, new style camber links ect.

I will soon have a link to my website and forum on this site ( which I must say futureal has done a great job, the best R/C forum out there )

when I have some spare time seaball I will take some photos of my car and post them here soon.

If you like Exotic R/C cars you will really love this car

Take care

Dan
Old 07-17-2003, 02:06 PM   #10
Tech Elite

hey dan,

ya'know i've been told a few times that the t4 was prety stiff. i never believed them though. it just doesn't look to be.

and yes, i do like the exotics. i've wanted a t4 for about a year now, and macky was even gonna sell one to me for next to nothing. it was just at a bad time when i couldn't afford to spend the $ regardless of the quality of the deal.

i'll be checking in from time to time, so do post those pics.

lata,
chris.