R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #466
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I did pick up a 17.5 Duo recently, seems fairly punchy and quick. We'll see how they stack up when the Hackers arrive. Thanks for the headsup Adam.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #467
Tech Regular
 
berserk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arabian Gulf
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default warranty

Is there a warranty for defective hacker motors?
berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #468
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk View Post
Is there a warranty for defective hacker motors?

Call the warehouse they should take care of you....what is wrong with it?
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #469
Tech Regular
 
berserk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arabian Gulf
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Call the warehouse they should take care of you....what is wrong with it?

the motors beeps when hitting the throttle, and not turning. it heats up around 10 seconds. like the thing is shorted or something. and my ESC is blinking and the protection triggers and resets the ESC. I tried another brushless motor with a removable sensor and its working fine. so I guess its a problem with the motor. Im not sure if its on the sensor wire or on the motor itself.

do you know the contact number or email? thanks.
berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #470
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk View Post
the motors beeps when hitting the throttle, and not turning. it heats up around 10 seconds. like the thing is shorted or something. and my ESC is blinking and the protection triggers and resets the ESC. I tried another brushless motor with a removable sensor and its working fine. so I guess its a problem with the motor. Im not sure if its on the sensor wire or on the motor itself.

do you know the contact number or email? thanks.
[email protected]
Phone: 480-726-7519
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #471
Tech Elite
 
wstuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart
Default

I just got a used Hacker motor that I plan to run in my s400 touring car.

Just wondering what you guys recommend for gearing and for timing

Ive heard you wanna max out the timing on the motors. - What direction should I turn the sensor to increase timing and how far should I go?

Im gonna start with leaving the timing where it is and seeing how much I can get out of it just adjusting timing on my Speed Passion controller
__________________
Yokomo Yz-2 x2
Yokomo B-max4iii
Awesomatix a700 evo
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #472
Tech Master
 
Canyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuart View Post
I just got a used Hacker motor that I plan to run in my s400 touring car.

Just wondering what you guys recommend for gearing and for timing

Ive heard you wanna max out the timing on the motors. - What direction should I turn the sensor to increase timing and how far should I go?

Im gonna start with leaving the timing where it is and seeing how much I can get out of it just adjusting timing on my Speed Passion controller
Start with a 4.6 fdr. Check temp and go from there.

Canyon
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #473
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Novak 10.5 Vs. Hacker 10.5

I am new to electric however not new to racing. I currently have a Novak 10.5 b/c almost everyone here at my club runs Novak, Why I have no idea.
When I came across this thread I began thinking are these just numbers or are the Hacker motors really faster?

Novak 10.5
Watts: 280+
Rpm:4000+

Hacker 10.5
Watts 400!
rpm 3000+

I'll be purchasing a NEW motor soon any info will be greatly appreciated
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #474
Tech Elite
 
wstuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
I am new to electric however not new to racing. I currently have a Novak 10.5 b/c almost everyone here at my club runs Novak, Why I have no idea.
When I came across this thread I began thinking are these just numbers or are the Hacker motors really faster?

Novak 10.5
Watts: 280+
Rpm:4000+

Hacker 10.5
Watts 400!
rpm 3000+

I'll be purchasing a NEW motor soon any info will be greatly appreciated
Looks like the hacker gives you more torque - makes it easier to work with in terms of gearing and speed I would imagine. I just bought one myself - looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about
__________________
Yokomo Yz-2 x2
Yokomo B-max4iii
Awesomatix a700 evo
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #475
Tech Regular
 
berserk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arabian Gulf
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
[email protected]
Phone: 480-726-7519
I sent them an email two days ago, I got no reply.
berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #476
Tech Master
 
CarlosG.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Falls City,TX
Posts: 1,145
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.
Default

Who carries the 17.5 in the states? I looked at Stormer and their out.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #477
Regional Moderator
 
FroBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The plex has some. Call me tomorrow. (402) 498-8888
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #478
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default e40 17.5

Got my Hacker 17.5 from Hobbyplex over a year ago, great motor it's fast and I've never overheated it once. Plenty of punch and rpm.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #479
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

My 13.5 E40 New Sensor Plug type, Posted Back To Germany because of defective Rotor (Sintered rotor bits comes off)
First Impressions about service is good...
But I will Let you know the Rest soon
Fingers Crossed
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #480
Tech Regular
 
Mr. MR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Malta, EU
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Have been running the Hacker 10.5 lately and seems to have a slight edge over the LRP 10.5, but the Hacker motor seems to struggle (sort of glitching noise) abit off the start line. After that it works fine.

Has this happened to anyone?
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hacker Brushless 17.5 and 13.5 motors for sale Bertetto R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2008 04:43 PM
13.5/17.5 Brushless motors - Hacker, Losi, Full Throttle BBSpence R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 08-13-2008 10:19 AM
--Hacker brushless motors! For E-Revo or large scale! pb4ugo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 07-21-2008 06:26 PM
X-Ray 008 US, Much More, Hacker and Orion Brushless Motors RBLove R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 05-06-2008 06:27 PM
Hacker Brushless Motors GundamWZero Electric On-Road 5 08-11-2004 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net