R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #211
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS

Congrats to Kyle for winning 17.5 1/12 @ the 1st annual ProMatch South West On-Road Championships!
TQ was Hacker as well!
Great job!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #212
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

did any of the latest batch of e40 motors go to stormer for re-sale?
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
http://www.kolorsbykropy.net
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #213
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to kyle478

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix View Post
did any of the latest batch of e40 motors go to stormer for re-sale?
Yes they did.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #214
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle478 View Post
Yes they did.
sweet, thanks for the info! Stormer is my go to online shop.
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #215
Tech Fanatic

Kyle, you have a PM!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I ran my 17.5 last night for the first time and I thought I would share my opinion on it. It sounds like most people here are most concerned with performance. If thats you, then this is your motor. Its got punch, low end, top end, and everything in between. Doesn't get hot either. For those of you who want performance and a motor that looks like the bees knees sitting in your car, you might want to look elsewhere.
The issue with attached sensor harness has already been discussed, but thats not my only issue with it. The six sensor wires are six different lengths so its nearly impossible to bunch them up neatly. Whomever is measuring those needs to be fired. The wires themselves feel like they are made of solid copper, they might be, but they're very stiff and feel like youre going to snap them in half trying to fold them over to look neater. And you have to do something with them because they are so damn long. I drive a Type R, my motors in the back and my ESC is in the front. Even with that layout theres about at least 1 1/2" of left over wire to deal with. If your motor and your ESC are very close together you would have the biggest birds nest full of wire you've ever seen. I know it has to be long since its attached to accommodate all cars, but its excessive.
That end of the motor also looks very plasticy. Looks like the designer took his cues from the new Traxxas brushless. I think the old Orion Vortex was about the sharpest looking brushless made. It looks like it was machined by Hudy. Hacker should go back and look at that one and take notes. That plastic cover needs to go. And a timing ring added at the same time. These are just my opinions, feel free to bash them if you like.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #217
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
I ran my 17.5 last night for the first time and I thought I would share my opinion on it. It sounds like most people here are most concerned with performance. If thats you, then this is your motor. Its got punch, low end, top end, and everything in between. Doesn't get hot either. For those of you who want performance and a motor that looks like the bees knees sitting in your car, you might want to look elsewhere.
The issue with attached sensor harness has already been discussed, but thats not my only issue with it. The six sensor wires are six different lengths so its nearly impossible to bunch them up neatly. Whomever is measuring those needs to be fired. The wires themselves feel like they are made of solid copper, they might be, but they're very stiff and feel like youre going to snap them in half trying to fold them over to look neater. And you have to do something with them because they are so damn long. I drive a Type R, my motors in the back and my ESC is in the front. Even with that layout theres about at least 1 1/2" of left over wire to deal with. If your motor and your ESC are very close together you would have the biggest birds nest full of wire you've ever seen. I know it has to be long since its attached to accommodate all cars, but its excessive.
That end of the motor also looks very plasticy. Looks like the designer took his cues from the new Traxxas brushless. I think the old Orion Vortex was about the sharpest looking brushless made. It looks like it was machined by Hudy. Hacker should go back and look at that one and take notes. That plastic cover needs to go. And a timing ring added at the same time. These are just my opinions, feel free to bash them if you like.
Well go put your Orion in and get beat by a Hacker
I can't belive you guys crying about a wire harness. I bought a Speed Passion with removable harness and it was very hard to get in my HyperDrive Pro3 oval car (harness plug hit leftside bulkhead) I had to bend it over @ 90deg. just to get it in With Hacker slides right in my oval car and my 1/12 onroad car
The wire harness is long but it has to be made for all type of cars!!! Get over it!

I guess you don' own a Novak motor the do you? Look the same
Old 05-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #218
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Strange things, motors should run well, not look. Anyway, I run Hacker E40 5.5T and C40 12T, both motors are great, much better than anything else I have, especially LRP. Much more rpm and power than they claim and sooooo smooooth! Even GM is not so smooth
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #219
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

I understand the whole sensor wire coming unplugged thing. I guess what I don't understand is why not have a plug that clips in? Has some form of lock that you have to release to unplug?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #220
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last edited by jla8874; 05-11-2008 at 05:02 AM.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #221
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

So in off road, what are people's opinions thus far about the hacker motors?

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:45 AM   #222
Tech Addict

anyone see the latest batch of motors available at retail yet? stormer hasnt posted any stock, and I havent seen any other retailers list inventory again yet either.
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix View Post
anyone see the latest batch of motors available at retail yet? stormer hasnt posted any stock, and I havent seen any other retailers list inventory again yet either.
No, I've been looking for them too. Stormer is the only online seller I've found that sells them, and Hacker's website doesn't even list the E40 series of motors.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Stormer had one 10.5 in this morning but not anymore
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #225
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Stormer had one 10.5 in this morning but not anymore