R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Kyle,

When are you going to have some more 13.5's ....reedy race in two weeks and I would like to try your motor.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #182
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to kyle478

E40 motors came in today. Should be shipping to most tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #183
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle478 View Post
E40 motors came in today. Should be shipping to most tomorrow.
does that mean stormer will be restocked with 17.5 and 13.5s in the very near future?
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
http://www.kolorsbykropy.net
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #184
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran my new 13.5 tonight. Very nice!
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hopefully I get mine soon

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
Well, I just bought a Hacker 17.5, so it obviously doesnt bother me that much. Go back and read the posts where other people were asking if they can fit Novak rings on the Hacker, just to get rid of the purple. I'm just stating my case. I know many others agree with me whether they will admit it or not. Novak is changing the colors of their products because they said people were so "averse" to the orange and purple.
So you base all of your r/c purchases strictly on how they perform alone? You have never chose one product over another simply based on aesthetics? Or do you just have a complex or something and feel the need to attack me personally because I dont like purple? Just because you are too manly to admit that you dont try and match alike colors on your car doesnt mean everyone is.
Yes I do make my purchases based solely on how they perform. If motor maker A makes a motor faster than motor maker B I couldnt give a crap what color the faster motor is thats the one Im getting. So your manly argument does not hold water. Ill attack anybody personally that says something assanine and stupid as that. Of course in America your free to say what you want but Im free to tell you your a idiot. Period end of story Im done!!!! Thankyou please drive thru.....
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #187
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Go back and read my post, because clearly you dont understand the jist of it. My whole point was, that if companies offered their products in a color other that purple they would be more widely accepted. Just like you said, I too will go out on a limb and say that if Team Associated decided tomorrow to change the TC5 to all purple aluminum, sales would instantly plummet. At the same, if Hot Bodies started making a blue Cyclone, it would outsell the purple three fold.
Now, shall I pull up to the first or second window?

Last edited by jla8874; 05-07-2008 at 05:53 AM.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #188
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
Just like you said, I too will go out on a limb and say that if Team Associated decided tomorrow to change the TC5 to all purple aluminum, sales would instantly plummet. At the same, if Hot Bodies started making a blue Cyclone, it would outsell the purple three fold.
Now, shall I pull up to the first or second window?
Thats the dumbest thing I have heard in a while..... more people buying cyclones because there blue? And less TC5's because there purple????

I dont think people are buying/not buying cars because there purple,blue, grey, black, red whatever, its the car that they like the best and want to run, and or how simple they can get parts.... Buying because the car is there color of choice is just stupid to say... IMO And hacker's motor color is purple, or atleast close to all of them.... And HB's made a blue cyclone, which is now no more
Old 05-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #189
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Well there was a blue cyclone and it demands a premium on the used market so I think it is safe to say people do buy cars based on colors. Some think its sad but its true. Why do you think novak switched from the multi colored sensor wire to the all black? Why do you think people change all the wires to all black. Color is important to a lot of people. I think the pink color of the HB just isnt desired by some people.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #190
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Well there was a blue cyclone and it demands a premium on the used market so I think it is safe to say people do buy cars based on colors. Some think its sad but its true. Why do you think novak switched from the multi colored sensor wire to the all black? Why do you think people change all the wires to all black. Color is important to a lot of people. I think the pink color of the HB just isnt desired by some people.

Then why dont they sell the blue one like the purple cyclone still?

Novak has black wires now? I didnt know that! Wiring bugs me, black wire looks cleaner IMO, Buying a car on color, because its your fav color or whatever is just dumb if you ask me... IDK im done, dont want to hi jak this thread...
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #191
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Then why dont they sell the blue one like the purple cyclone still?

Novak has black wires now? I didnt know that! Wiring bugs me, black wire looks cleaner IMO, Buying a car on color, because its your fav color or whatever is just dumb if you ask me... IDK im done, dont want to hi jak this thread...
branding is why they dont sell the blue over the pink. everyone associates the pink (purple) with HPI/HB. Its instantly recognizable. Just like "Tamiya Blue"

Novak sells the color bands to match your car for a consistent look in colors. I dont see anything wrong with people wanting to do that. Its the same reason people change the color of the wires (cleaner look as you said).

Yes, the new Novak motors I saw have all black sensor wires.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #192
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The use of purple shows an immediate and definitive lack of style. :-) But, I can find ways around that. It's the fixed sensor harness that's kept me from buying one. Long wires everywhere are fail.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
branding is why they dont sell the blue over the pink. everyone associates the pink (purple) with HPI/HB. Its instantly recognizable. Just like "Tamiya Blue"

Novak sells the color bands to match your car for a consistent look in colors. I dont see anything wrong with people wanting to do that. Its the same reason people change the color of the wires (cleaner look as you said).

Yes, the new Novak motors I saw have all black sensor wires.

I can see changing the center ring on the motor, I dont care about that, im just saying as far as the car goes, HB's changing to blue, and everyone buys one? I honestly dont think that would happen...
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #194
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The bottom line is Hacker makes a great motor. Color and cable do not matter. Do you want to go fast? Do you want awesome performance? Buy a Hacker. I do not think their sales are hurting due to these things as they cannot keep up with the demand.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #195
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I can see changing the center ring on the motor, I dont care about that, im just saying as far as the car goes, HB's changing to blue, and everyone buys one? I honestly dont think that would happen...
agreed. Some people who otherwise would not buy it would then start buying it and others who prefer the purple would not. Cant please everyone. Blue is probably slightly more popular to the purple for those buying based on colors but not significant enough for HPI to consider changing.

Either way, I think accessory makers like motors should consider using either all black or colored sleeves to match b/c lots of people care. Ive even seen those that say they dont care put colored sleeves on their novak motors.