Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New 23Ts

ALEX Racing should have a bunch of new 23T stock motors that are based off the new Yokomo F series can and arm... looks to be hand tuned also ..
more to come as I find out the info.
-Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
tornado

Hey Dave,

Its been a while since this thread moved. I am preparing for a invitational race this coming June 19 nothing big, just among club members but there are a few top guns too. Just got a Yok FLT. Good ?

Just got some Team Atlas brushes too MH7-069 & MH7-079. Are these good ? I have been using Putnam Green and Blue with great results and thinking of using a different variant to see if there is any difference. Any comments ?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2005, 04:25 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey guys

whats the best way to get some more torque out of my Tamiya super stock type RZ?? i got plenty of legs down the straight but my track is short and tight so i need soemthing else outa the corners... its not geared badly either... how could i get some more torque outta it? any comments/suggestions helpful
Old 05-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tornado
Hey Dave,

Its been a while since this thread moved. I am preparing for a invitational race this coming June 19 nothing big, just among club members but there are a few top guns too. Just got a Yok FLT. Good ?

Just got some Team Atlas brushes too MH7-069 & MH7-079. Are these good ? I have been using Putnam Green and Blue with great results and thinking of using a different variant to see if there is any difference. Any comments ?

Thanks
THe FLT is a really powerful 23T stock motor.. I suggest that you use 3600 and above batteries with it.. and the ATLAS brushes that you have are both very good... I would try to stay away from the putman brushes with this motor because they wear on the comm rather fast .. but there is power with them.
-Dave
Old 05-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DJB
hey guys

whats the best way to get some more torque out of my Tamiya super stock type RZ?? i got plenty of legs down the straight but my track is short and tight so i need soemthing else outa the corners... its not geared badly either... how could i get some more torque outta it? any comments/suggestions helpful
The RZ is really not a good motor for short tracks.. you might have better luck with the TZ.. .. it`s a better all around motor.. but if you need some help with the RZ.. I should be able to help.. I just need some info on your track size and such and what final gear ratio you are using
-Dave
Old 05-16-2005, 04:53 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

I chose the RZ cause it had laydown brushes and i didnt no if they still made stand ups.

The track measures 40m x 14m and the lanes are 3.5 m in width. My final drive ratio on the car is 6.087....

I have nothing against the TZ except on paper the RZ looked to own it... tell me otherwise and if there are better brushes for it maybe its worth a look.
dan
Old 05-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DJB
I chose the RZ cause it had laydown brushes and i didnt no if they still made stand ups.

The track measures 40m x 14m and the lanes are 3.5 m in width. My final drive ratio on the car is 6.087....

I have nothing against the TZ except on paper the RZ looked to own it... tell me otherwise and if there are better brushes for it maybe its worth a look.
dan
THe Brushes that would work really well are the ATLAS 079 brushes.. kind of soft.. but they have good power and are not too hard on the comm.. also one more thing you might want to try with the RZ is to bring the gear ratio in the 6.2 range with that size track
-Dvae
Old 05-16-2005, 05:02 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

thanks heaps

Are the atlas brushes u mentioned laydown ones for the RZ?
secondly are springs worth worrying about at all??

lastly will 6.2 lose me a lot of time down the straight or for that type of track do you think it would be worth the loss?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DJB
thanks heaps

Are the atlas brushes u mentioned laydown ones for the RZ?
secondly are springs worth worrying about at all??
THe Brushes are Laydown.. and on the springs.. I wouldn`t change them.. the stock ones are just fine also with the Atlas brush.. you should get a bit more power and RPM

-Dave
Old 05-16-2005, 05:32 AM
tornado

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
THe FLT is a really powerful 23T stock motor.. I suggest that you use 3600 and above batteries with it.. and the ATLAS brushes that you have are both very good... I would try to stay away from the putman brushes with this motor because they wear on the comm rather fast .. but there is power with them.
-Dave
Thanks a heap Dave !! I've just lay my hands on FST. I heard this one is good too. These new Yok motors are rare in my part of the world at the moment.

You're right 'bout Putnams........but I only use them for races and I would use xenon's for weekend bashing.

Last edited by tornado; 05-16-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 AM
tornado

Originally posted by DJB

dan
I have both TZ and RZ and my favourite is the TZ on the size of track you're running. Though on paper RZ may have better numbers but the TZ is the one that shines.

With the Atlas brushes as recomended by Dave and keep the spring stock.......you'll be flying on the track.

Last edited by tornado; 05-16-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
tornado

Old 05-17-2005, 04:58 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

thanks heaps for the suggestions guys

wheres the best place to buy those brushes from.... i have no idea where to buy them does rainbow ten or speedtech sell them or anywhere like that
Old 05-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DJB
thanks heaps for the suggestions guys

wheres the best place to buy those brushes from.... i have no idea where to buy them does rainbow ten or speedtech sell them or anywhere like that
?@Rainbow Ten or R/C Champ should have them... I don`t know about SpeedTech.. but you can ask
-Dave
Old 05-17-2005, 06:51 AM
tornado

Try RC-mushroom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.