Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
Dave
Did you try F-Lines with the 23T motors?
Not yet..

I still like to use the ATLAS SP Sprint silver brush
-Dave
Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

hi guys

anyone knows the ratings for the capacitors & scotty diode if i were to get them from hardware store?

thx
Old 02-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Tamiya 23t TZ/RZ

which tamiya brush is a good replacement for the stock TZ/RZ brushes? TIA....
Old 02-05-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Can you give me a good web site with a large choice of mod/stock motors!!

Please, I've found a few but still looking for more

It would really help

Cheers!!!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question regarding 23t motors:

My local track has a stock sedan class. Last sat night during a heat, I was standing with the announcer watching the race when we saw one car that had substantially more punch coming out of some of the slower corners.

After the race, the announcer called this car up to the announcers booth. The motor was NOT any "stock" motor I'd ever seen.

The can was black in color and had cooling slots that resembeled a Orion core stock. (several small slot on an angle). The armature was flat on the end, like a mod motor and did not extend out the end bell like current generation stock motors.

The guy running it insisted it was stock, but was disqualified. The driver was japanese and spoke little english. I actually think it may have been a misunderstanding versus an attempt to cheat.

My question is this:

Is a 23t motor a "stock" motor in Japan?

What type of power does one of these motors put out compared to a Monsterstock or a 19t?

Does the discription of the motor sound like anything you guys have heard of?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow, what a mighty misunderstanding indeed.

Yes, most of the asia-pacific countries follow the japanese stock motor rule of 23T single wind, machine winding with bushings and fixed timing.

You can identify these motors with the rounded shaft ends, whereas the 27T Roar stocks have tapered ends.

They are indeed much faster than 27T stockers, and while I've only raced with the trinity monster stocks, these 23T's are a step ahead in terms of speed and torque.

In terms of power and speed, the 23T stock motors should be slower than 19T spec motors, although the difference is not large.

Not your race organisers' fault for having allowed a 23T into a 27T race, it's the duty of the racer to ensure compliance, but this is a just a misunderstanding(or ignorance).
Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Graphitedust

My local track has a stock sedan class. Last sat night during a heat, I was standing with the announcer watching the race when we saw one car that had substantially more punch coming out of some of the slower corners.

After the race, the announcer called this car up to the announcers booth. The motor was NOT any "stock" motor I'd ever seen.

The can was black in color and had cooling slots that resembeled a Orion core stock. (several small slot on an angle). The armature was flat on the end, like a mod motor and did not extend out the end bell like current generation stock motors.

The guy running it insisted it was stock, but was disqualified. The driver was japanese and spoke little english. I actually think it may have been a misunderstanding versus an attempt to cheat.

My question is this:

What type of power does one of these motors put out compared to a Monsterstock or a 19t?

23t Motors in Japan are Stock motors.. and the the gent that was talking Japanese..probibaly didn`t have any clue on what some of the rules and regs are in the states ..but he should of at least asked the question

anyways I have tuned many of 23T motors and I can tell you that some properly tuned ones will hang if not flat out pull on some of the top hand tuned 19T motors that are out right now
-Dave
Old 02-08-2005, 02:46 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

anyways I have tuned many of 23T motors and I can tell you that some properly tuned ones will hang if not flat out pull on some of the top hand tuned 19T motors that are out right now
hey whats the main area you should concentrate on in tuning a stock motor?? like where wouldnt you try to tune it and where are the areas where big improvments can be gained??
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DJB
hey whats the main area you should concentrate on in tuning a stock motor?? like where wouldnt you try to tune it and where are the areas where big improvments can be gained??
Pay close attention to the brush hoods on the 23T stock motors.. that is where 80~90% of your power and pick up is going to come from.. the other 10~20% will come from comm size and brush choice
-Dave

BTW there are a few good pic`s it took about 4-5 pages back that show you where to start
Old 02-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks Guys!!!!

Thanks Guys!!! That was just the info We needed!!!!
Think you may have helped put out one of those california wildfires.............

Lee Caldwell, So Cal Raceway

Last edited by Graphitedust; 02-08-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Graphitedust

My question is this:

23t is a stock motor in Japan ( there are races here that uses 23t stock) my track however uses Roar 27t as stock

Some stock motors can blow the socks of a 19T even the Reedy Quad Mag! Even lower wind motors!!

One time I raced at our local track, I htought it was stock 27t----- it was stock 23t!! My monster stock was like a 540 motor running with the modified!

Here is something to look at: will work with a 23t also
http://www.motortuningsecrets.com/tunestockmotor.html
Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

is this stock motor anygood? anyone have tried it? te label is kinda cute Toyomiti Edition 23T
Old 03-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Brushes

Dave are these the atlas brushes that work so well.

ATLAS,980YEN,MH7-078 SPRINT SILVER BRUSH NO TERMINAL

There not cheap.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Brushes

Originally posted by tomdav
Dave are these the atlas brushes that work so well.

ATLAS,980YEN,MH7-078 SPRINT SILVER BRUSH NO TERMINAL

There not cheap.
Yep those are the ones... they also make one more set that has a "SP" at the end of the part# they are really good brushes!! but can you say 1~2 pack specials.. and then they are shot... but lots of power !!
-Dave
Old 03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EngTat
is this stock motor anygood? anyone have tried it? the label is kinda cute Toyomiti Edition 23T

It's a older design 23T motor from ATLAS... but it has plenty of RPM and gearing is similar to a 27T monster stock because it has a split stack arm and it"s a bit shorter on the stacks to so the windings a r shorter(basically a 21~22Turn motor ).. gear between 6.6~7.2 Range (depending on track size and motor condition)

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.