Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Thumbs up team orion katana 23 turn motors

do you guys know the difference among the different team orion katana 23 turn motors? there's SL, SS, TL, and one more (i forgot the name of 4th one )

i got the TL version and the instructions are in japanese. it has a laydown brush (i think the other versions are available in both laydown and standard brushes)

i tested the katana TL a couple of weeks ago on my CGM, 98/37 64p gearing on a short technical track (about 11-12 sec laptimes) and it seemed faster than my prism and type TZ. im still experimenting on gearing so if you guys already ran this motor, kindly post gearing advice. thanks in advance for any info
Old 12-15-2004, 08:20 AM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Default G Style Gm10012 G stock 2004 version

Recently ordered these 23 stocker and would like to know if this motor is good. Is it more on rpm or torque? Thanks.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: team orion katana 23 turn motors

Originally posted by marvi
do you guys know the difference among the different team orion katana 23 turn motors? there's SL, SS, TL, and one more (i forgot the name of 4th one )

i got the TL version and the instructions are in japanese. it has a laydown brush (i think the other versions are available in both laydown and standard brushes)

i tested the katana TL a couple of weeks ago on my CGM, 98/37 64p gearing on a short technical track (about 11-12 sec laptimes) and it seemed faster than my prism and type TZ. im still experimenting on gearing so if you guys already ran this motor, kindly post gearing advice. thanks in advance for any info
ST=Standup Torque
SS= Standup Speed/RPM
TL=Laydown Torque
SL=Laydown Speed/RPM

and you would gear any of these very close to Yokomos T-MAX 23T motors(newer 3mm core ones)....now as for a gear ratio for the TL I would try for a 5.8-6.0 final drive...and then gear to the sound of the motor on the straight..
-Dave
Old 12-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: G Style Gm10012 G stock 2004 version

Originally posted by PMR
Recently ordered these 23 stocker and would like to know if this motor is good. Is it more on rpm or torque? Thanks.
Any one of the 3 G-Style 23T stocks will be fine..... the one you bought..is a Stand up RPM one that likes to be geared in the 6.2 range... lots of RPM with this one....
Old 12-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks for the info, dave

btw, any dyno info on these motors for reference (just like tamiya type TZ and RZ have their rpms and torque on the boxes)?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:58 PM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Dave: Thanks for the info. Appreciate it esp. the gearing.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by PMR
Dave: Thanks for the info. Appreciate it esp. the gearing.
No Problem
Old 12-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Re: team orion katana 23 turn motors

Originally posted by marvi

i tried my katana TL geared 5.6 on my local track with average lap times of 13-14s, comm and brush looks ok, no purpleish colour
Old 12-17-2004, 08:10 PM
tornado

I've geared Katana TS 5.3 at one of my local circuit track and my TC3 was running at a blistering pace and I love the amount of torque and RPM this motor has!! and my buddies suspected and sworned that I'm running modified.

This is the track I'm talking about.

Old 12-18-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

THATS NOT A TRACK, THAT'S A TOWNCENTRE,
Old 12-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tornado
I've geared Katana TS 5.3 at one of my local circuit track and my TC3 was running at a blistering pace and I love the amount of torque and RPM this motor has!! and my buddies suspected and sworned that I'm running modified.

This is the track I'm talking about.

Thats about perfect gearing for a TS on that size of track.... Lots of rip with these motors
-Dave
Old 12-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

im sorry if this has been mentioned in previous threads....

what can you say about the new yok T-MAx motors. im using mirage prism right now but many say the t-max is the best 23t motos out there. can somebody refute or support this? thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
im sorry if this has been mentioned in previous threads....

what can you say about the new yok T-MAx motors. im using mirage prism right now but many say the t-max is the best 23t motos out there. can somebody refute or support this? thanks
So far, It's the T-Max that consistently won our races here. This is because this is readily available locally. So far we've tested the HPI, Tamiya and Prism. Personally, am happy with the T-Max. We know there are good motors but we can't buy it locally. Like Katana, etc.....
Old 12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
tornado

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Thats about perfect gearing for a TS on that size of track.... Lots of rip with these motors
-Dave
Yeah!! ....you got that right Dave . Lotsa rip!!

Old 12-20-2004, 06:11 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
THATS NOT A TRACK, THAT'S A TOWNCENTRE,
Its a newly opened track similar to the one in Full Throttle Florida. Currently this track is the happening track in Kuala Lumpur. The best part is that it opens right upto very late ......12 midnite...1/10 GP!!

Sometimes we would gearup our EP with brushless setup to have a "showdown" with the GP boys. It does even things up a bit but the GP's acceleration is awesome on the straight and we "shine" in the infields.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.