R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2004, 12:56 AM   #826
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

give me your PS2 and ill show you how

seriously, i noticed that my old type RR seemed to have gotten a bit faster with trinity silver brushes and stiff (silver) springs. i havent had a chance to tinker with the RZ because i sold it after a few runs. im planning to get a TZ in a few weeks (or when my RR wears out )

congrats again on you PS2
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #827
Tech Regular
 
tatalope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
give me your PS2 and ill show you how

seriously, i noticed that my old type RR seemed to have gotten a bit faster with trinity silver brushes and stiff (silver) springs. i havent had a chance to tinker with the RZ because i sold it after a few runs. im planning to get a TZ in a few weeks (or when my RR wears out )

congrats again on you PS2
yoko nga

thanks for the tip... any other suggestions coming from TZ motor users?
tatalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:01 AM   #828
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nixaad
Hey JDM,

any news dude?

cheers!
Sorry about that .. I"ll PM you the size when I get off work in a few hours
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:46 AM   #829
Tech Addict
 
nixaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 580
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sorry about that .. I"ll PM you the size when I get off work in a few hours
-Dave
thanks dude!
nixaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #830
Tech Regular
 
rinkrat99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 420
Send a message via AIM to rinkrat99
Default Trinity Speedworks 23t

Has anyone ever used this motor? I picked one up for $5 new and was supposed to be a screamer but it only runs at around 16k rpm.

The box says 30k rpm's
rinkrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:07 PM   #831
Tech Elite
 
mafiaracers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: West Linn, Oregon
Posts: 3,759
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers
Default

I'd call that a dog! No, I havn't run that motor.
__________________
Chris Woods

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:55 PM   #832
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
Default

Hello Dave,

I am getting a TT-01 setup soon and want to do mostly drift with some circuit racing.

My local store said I can have a choice of:

HPI Supersport 23RS


Yokomo T-max 23LT


What are the torque and rpm figures for these engines??

What is best for my needs...?

Thanks
JP-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:25 AM   #833
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JP-NZ
Hello Dave,

I am getting a TT-01 setup soon and want to do mostly drift with some circuit racing.

My local store said I can have a choice of:

HPI Supersport 23RS


Yokomo T-max 23LT


What are the torque and rpm figures for these engines??

What is best for my needs...?

Thanks
Stick with the Yokomo ST..... it will blow that HPI one out of the water... and is you have a med side track..20-30m straight..get it in the 5.6~5.5 range.. and you be good
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:47 AM   #834
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Stick with the Yokomo ST..... it will blow that HPI one out of the water... and is you have a med side track..20-30m straight..get it in the 5.6~5.5 range.. and you be good
-Dave
I second the motion. This motor is kept on winning in our club race. I have tried the Tamiya TZ, RZ and RR, Luna, Prism and HPI sport and this Yokomo ST is the best. Our track is about 40m straight and we geared it between 6.3-6.4.
Nella-Nobrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #835
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Stick with the Yokomo ST..... it will blow that HPI one out of the water... and is you have a med side track..20-30m straight..get it in the 5.6~5.5 range.. and you be good
-Dave
ST will be my vote Using it at my local track with a 35m straight and some tight infield with a couple of "s" turns, geared around 5.6 and this baby is brilliant !! Torque baby !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:53 PM   #836
DJB
Tech Regular
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

hey guys
whats a good setup for a tamiya rz motor on a short track to get some torque out of it?? what springs would be the best for that sort of setup??
__________________
Team Associated - Champions by Design
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:29 PM   #837
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
Default

Thanks to Dave and the others who posted views on Yokomo ST..

I got one and boy is it fast, has so much power and torque..

Thanks again

John
JP-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:23 AM   #838
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JP-NZ
Thanks to Dave and the others who posted views on Yokomo ST..

I got one and boy is it fast, has so much power and torque..

Thanks again

John
Glad you liked it .
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:27 AM   #839
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DJB
hey guys
whats a good setup for a tamiya rz motor on a short track to get some torque out of it?? what springs would be the best for that sort of setup??
ummm...this baby is a rpm based motor laydown.......never tried it before but I think Dave did briefly mentioned something 'bout it a few pages earlier. Go check it out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:38 AM   #840
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up Bump

back to the top...lots of good info on this thread
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless Motor Thread RC Buddah Electric On-Road 261 08-30-2007 03:42 PM
Brushless motor thread crono man Electric On-Road 52 05-24-2005 05:28 PM
Motor Glitch (Different Thread) DOMOisCOOL Electric On-Road 6 03-16-2004 08:58 PM
Stock Motor Thread March Electric On-Road 41 09-15-2003 11:10 AM
21T Motor Thread Raikonnen Electric On-Road 2 08-03-2003 08:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net