Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
23T motor thread >

23T motor thread

23T motor thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:12 PM
  #721  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
dave, any ideas as to what the difference is between the RZ and the older RR that we got to play with?
I"ll break them down and take some pic's tonight.. but there isn"t to much you can see
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2004, 10:18 PM
  #722  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

how about in the power? are the RZ's a lot stronger? i assume i still want to use the gearing you suggested earlier... 6.0 thereabouts?
Turbonium is offline  
Old 08-01-2004, 10:29 PM
  #723  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
how about in the power? are the RZ's a lot stronger? i assume i still want to use the gearing you suggested earlier... 6.0 thereabouts?
The RZ a bit more umph up top and the gearing would be the same.. 5.8 very large track to 6.5 small tack.. but pay attention to the motor temp. it this motor gets hot it's done
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 03:36 AM
  #724  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
Default

At my local track,we have a lot of people who run TC3's and use
team atlas motors. I personally use a Team Atlas Progress 23T
and im still allowed to race in the 19T spec and modified.

Even though im using a 23t,i still stay in the top 5.
TC3DUDE is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 AM
  #725  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by TC3DUDE
At my local track,we have a lot of people who run TC3's and use
team atlas motors. I personally use a Team Atlas Progress 23T
and im still allowed to race in the 19T spec and modified.

Even though im using a 23t,i still stay in the top 5.
One more note to that is that the progress is a older 23T some of the newer Atlas 23T are much faster
-Dvae
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 09:03 AM
  #726  
Tech Regular
 
miniracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 268
Default

Hi Dave, do you think a yokomo LR would be faster than the reedy quad 19t? I presently use a reedy quad 19t in a 2wd buggy for offroad. I have read in this thread that most of the new 23t are faster than a 19t motor. I have tried a mirage pink dot and it was just as fast as the 19t except for the strong cogging effect. I am thinking of buying another quad 19t or get a 23t. the motors available are yokomo LR, hpi TS and TL, and the tamiya TZ and RZ. Which would be best for my use. thanks
miniracer is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
  #727  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
lem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: OC
Posts: 3,061
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Miniracer

Originally posted by miniracer
Hi Dave, do you think a yokomo LR would be faster than the reedy quad 19t? I presently use a reedy quad 19t in a 2wd buggy for offroad. I have read in this thread that most of the new 23t are faster than a 19t motor. I have tried a mirage pink dot and it was just as fast as the 19t except for the strong cogging effect. I am thinking of buying another quad 19t or get a 23t. the motors available are yokomo LR, hpi TS and TL, and the tamiya TZ and RZ. Which would be best for my use. thanks
Prepping already for the race this sunday eh??

My experimentation with the TAMIYA Type S was awesome! Great top end and torque!

Placed bearings, removed the tab and set timing at 10degrees, used standard on the neg and laydown on the positive! Will see what it will do this sunday, I just finished tweaking it!
lem2 is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 04:51 PM
  #728  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by miniracer
Hi Dave, do you think a yokomo LR would be faster than the reedy quad 19t? I presently use a reedy quad 19t in a 2wd buggy for offroad. I have read in this thread that most of the new 23t are faster than a 19t motor. I have tried a mirage pink dot and it was just as fast as the 19t except for the strong cogging effect. I am thinking of buying another quad 19t or get a 23t. the motors available are yokomo LR, hpi TS and TL, and the tamiya TZ and RZ. Which would be best for my use. thanks
The LR would be really close to the Reedy Quad mag... but you might get a bit more torque from the LR....
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
  #729  
Tech Regular
 
miniracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 268
Default


Lem2 -

Dave - which 23t motor would be faster than the quad mag 19t? have you tried putting a 23t armature in a quad mag can, of course adjusting the timing also to match. curious?
miniracer is offline  
Old 08-02-2004, 05:29 PM
  #730  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by miniracer
Lem2 -

Dave - which 23t motor would be faster than the quad mag 19t? have you tried putting a 23t armature in a quad mag can, of course adjusting the timing also to match. curious?
Yes... but it lost power & torque ... I think that the mags. are better in the 23T's plus the 20 deg timing is more towards my tastes.....
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-11-2004, 12:26 AM
  #731  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
danjoy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,151
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Best 23 turn motor?

Looking at buying my first 23 turn stock motor. Can anyone give me the top 3, roll-out, and the pro and cons of each. I normally run 27 turn stock (Monsters) and have about a roll out of 28mm.

Thanks in advance.
danjoy25 is offline  
Old 08-11-2004, 12:59 AM
  #732  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Dave, I'm not sure if you answered this question already but do you know if the Reedy Quazar brushes would work in the Tamiya 23T stand up motor (new motor)?
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 08-11-2004, 01:08 AM
  #733  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Dave, I'm not sure if you answered this question already but do you know if the Reedy Quazar brushes would work in the Tamiya 23T stand up motor (new motor)?
Hi Neil..
They work but there are better ones that I can get a hold of over here

PM me if you need a set... or if you can get ahold of some Integy High silver serated standup brushes.. they will work good to
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 AM
  #734  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Dave, YGPM.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 08-11-2004, 01:50 AM
  #735  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Dave, YGPM.
Back at ya'
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.