Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
23T motor thread >

23T motor thread

23T motor thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:29 PM
  #646  
Tech Fanatic
 
glide 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 760
Default Hi Dave,

I ran a Katana SL last week and it was ballistic!!! i geared it 6.3 for the first heat and for the 2nd heat i geared 6.58, did better overall times with 6.58 gearing. broke the lap record at our local track too

i thought the SL (laydown ver.) would be a torque motor but it seemed to top out well rpm wise on the straight, (equal to the t-maxx at least). Question: what type brushes come with the motor? coz they are very good!!, only complain is is that as the serrations wear out, there seem to be a slight loss in performance aswell. Reedy 766 (with hole) are the best laydown brushes i've tried so far, i wonder if it would work for this motor too....any comments dave?
glide 1 is offline  
Old 07-16-2004, 08:12 AM
  #647  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Hi Dave,

Originally posted by glide 1
I ran a Katana SL last week and it was ballistic!!! i geared it 6.3 for the first heat and for the 2nd heat i geared 6.58, did better overall times with 6.58 gearing. broke the lap record at our local track too

i thought the SL (laydown ver.) would be a torque motor but it seemed to top out well rpm wise on the straight, (equal to the t-maxx at least). Question: what type brushes come with the motor? coz they are very good!!, only complain is is that as the serrations wear out, there seem to be a slight loss in performance aswell. Reedy 766 (with hole) are the best laydown brushes i've tried so far, i wonder if it would work for this motor too....any comments dave?
The SL really has a lot of RPM your geared it right with the 6.5... on my SS i have geared it some times at 6.9 because this thing cranks out almost 39000rpm!!!

as far as the brushes go.. the are based off a atlas silver sprint They are Very good brushes also when the face wears out your losse a bit off the top but gain a bit more in torque so gear up after that happens...
no coment on the Reddy brush...but I`m using a bunch of FUkuyama Prototypes in some of my laydown motors with very good results across the board
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-16-2004, 11:13 AM
  #648  
Tech Fanatic
 
glide 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 760
Default jdm,

thanks, will keep an eye out for those atlas sprint brushes, also will try gearing up with the stock brushes now that the serrations have worn. i'll probably cut and use the same brushes till i find the atlas's.

Wow!! 39,000 rpm...did not know 23t motors revd that high

those fuks brushes out on the market yet??
glide 1 is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:06 AM
  #649  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Have a look
-Dave
JDM, what do you know of the Tamiya 23T with stand up brushes? Sorry I know the part number.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 02:21 AM
  #650  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
JDM, what do you know of the Tamiya 23T with stand up brushes? Sorry I know the part number.
Sure do ... give me a few mins and I`ll PM it to you and post it here
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 04:25 AM
  #651  
Tech Regular
 
DerekEngland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 432
Default

Dave,
Any information you can provide on the Tamiya motor would be appreciated here too.... Also, do you have any info about the motor with laydowns too???
DerekEngland is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 AM
  #652  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i think the part #s may be like 53697 and 53698. saw these on Champ's website. Rz type and TZ, with RZ being the laydown brushes....
Turbonium is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 AM
  #653  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: Re: Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sure do ... give me a few mins and I`ll PM it to you and post it here
-Dave
Thanks Dave, let me know.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
  #654  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Thanks Dave, let me know.
TZ part# 52696... 23T Stock Standup Torque(enduro)... But don't let this scare you away from this motor it has quite a bit of..... how would you [email protected]

Not a bad motor at all I can turn just as fast of lap times with the standup motor as I can with the RZ(rpm base)laydown motor
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 03:52 PM
  #655  
Tech Regular
 
DerekEngland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 432
Default

Dave,
Do you have any tuning suggestions on brush, springs, etc?
DerekEngland is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 05:18 PM
  #656  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
TZ part# 52696... 23T Stock Standup Torque(enduro)... But don't let this scare you away from this motor it has quite a bit of..... how would you [email protected]

Not a bad motor at all I can turn just as fast of lap times with the standup motor as I can with the RZ(rpm base)laydown motor
-Dave
Please PM what you did to prep the motor and anything that might improve performance.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 05:42 PM
  #657  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Nonstopone
Dave,
Do you have any tuning suggestions on brush, springs, etc?
Sure do but most tricks might not be legal for TCS Races .... If you don"t use it for that series race I can help out
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 05:43 PM
  #658  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New versions of 23T stocks for 2004

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Please PM what you did to prep the motor and anything that might improve performance.
I have all of my Motor ...info's at home ...I"ll PM it to you after I get off work
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 08:56 PM
  #659  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

well, i think the rules state that any brush/spring combo may be used, but prolly no timing mods, or arm swaps.
Turbonium is offline  
Old 07-20-2004, 09:01 PM
  #660  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
well, i think the rules state that any brush/spring combo may be used, but prolly no timing mods, or arm swaps.
If thats the case... I'll post the tricks to them here a bit later then
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.