R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #511
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Vs Old

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
Wow! looks like quality control in Xenon is slacking or what ?
I think that it's a hit or miss type of thing.... But the arm has very neat winds for a Machine wound arm ..and the Comm is still big.. so there is more power to be made with this motor
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #512
Tech Elite
 
rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: racing is my life
Posts: 2,501
Default

jdm,

i've just bought a team luna glory limited s-1. what can you recommend the best gearing for it? im runin it in a technical track. and how abt the torque or rpm of this motor what can you say?

whats the best 23t motor for you?
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #513
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rice
jdm,

i've just bought a team luna glory limited s-1. what can you recommend the best gearing for it? im runin it in a technical track. and how abt the torque or rpm of this motor what can you say?

whats the best 23t motor for you?
\

I forgot is the S1 laydown of standup..??

well here is a starting point
laydown gearing 6.0-6.5 Technical
standup gearing 6.2-6.7 Technical

listen to the sound of the motor for top speed on the straight
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:30 PM   #514
Tech Addict
 
nixaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 580
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
1st thing Align the the brush hoods and get rid of all of the slop in the negative side of the hood... also try a bit siffer spring on the + side... for starters... theres a bunch more but.... .. . . .. thats another time
-Dave

Hmm.. JDM, was wondering if you can point out to a site or forum that shows step by step of ;

1) aligining brush hoods
2) cut comms
3 etc etc

All these are for noobs. It's greatly appreciated!


Cheers!
nixaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:32 PM   #515
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nixaad
Hmm.. JDM, was wondering if you can point out to a site or forum that shows step by step of ;

1) aligining brush hoods
2) cut comms
3 etc etc

All these are for noobs. It's greatly appreciated!


Cheers!
Most of the 23T motor tuning tips are back a couple of pages on this thread.. but I am doing some pictures up right now that will show a step by step walk through from what I have learned from some of the Masters of 23T motors over here in Japan
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #516
Tech Addict
 
nixaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 580
Default

Coolish!
nixaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #517
Tech Elite
 
rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: racing is my life
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
\

I forgot is the S1 laydown of standup..??

well here is a starting point
laydown gearing 6.0-6.5 Technical
standup gearing 6.2-6.7 Technical

listen to the sound of the motor for top speed on the straight
-Dave
jdm,

its a standup brush. hav you tried this motor?

whats the best 23t that you hav run or tested?

tnx for the inputs
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:48 AM   #518
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Vs Old

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I think that it's a hit or miss type of thing.... But the arm has very neat winds for a Machine wound arm ..and the Comm is still big.. so there is more power to be made with this motor
-Dave
The boys over here in my home country have told me that this motor has the top end but lacks the torque. I have yet to find out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:51 AM   #519
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rice
jdm,

its a standup brush. hav you tried this motor?

whats the best 23t that you hav run or tested?

tnx for the inputs
The best Stand up motor that I have used is the ECHO PQ and then the Yokomo ST...but Kawada and Orion have some nice new ones that are coming out,,
but the best one for you will depend on track layout and driving style...forme it`s gots` ta` be TORQUE
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:55 AM   #520
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Vs Old

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
The boys over here in my home country have told me that this motor has the top end but lacks the torque. I have yet to find out.
it was a DOG when I tried it out for the 1st time...maybe I have a dud motor ..who knows...but I have tested all of the New Xenon ones
AKA-Red
AO-Blue
Midori-Green
and they all are around the same output in power and RPM on my Fantom Dyno maybe it`s the 9mm comm??

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 AM   #521
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Vs Old

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
it was a DOG when I tried it out for the 1st time...maybe I have a dud motor ..who knows...but I have tested all of the New Xenon ones
AKA-Red
AO-Blue
Midori-Green
and they all are around the same output in power and RPM on my Fantom Dyno maybe it`s the 9mm comm??

-Dave
Yeah!..... we get a dud once in a while.

I'm looking for a dyno....where could I get one...online
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:45 AM   #522
Tech Elite
 
rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: racing is my life
Posts: 2,501
Default

jdm,

i try those motor. do you know when is the new tamiya 23t is to be released?
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:09 AM   #523
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rice
jdm,

i try those motor. do you know when is the new tamiya 23t is to be released?
The new Tamiya 23T`s are out now

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #524
Tech Master
 
xray racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

hey jdm,

just wondering, from the tips i got off you for the 23t motors, you said for pretty much all of em to make sure there is little or no play in the - brush hood side to side... whats the best way to make sure there isnt??? like if i check it and there seems to be a bit... how do i get rid of it??

and for the atlas solid sliver dot... you said to take off .5mm... how should i do that? whats the best way?

thanx again
robbie
__________________
Robbie Lloyd

Yokomo * HobbyWing * Sanwa
xray racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #525
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xray racer
hey jdm,

just wondering, from the tips i got off you for the 23t motors, you said for pretty much all of em to make sure there is little or no play in the - brush hood side to side... whats the best way to make sure there isnt??? like if i check it and there seems to be a bit... how do i get rid of it??

and for the atlas solid sliver dot... you said to take off .5mm... how should i do that? whats the best way?

thanx again
robbie

This little tool right here works wonders




and for the .5 mm use a dimond file
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless Motor Thread RC Buddah Electric On-Road 261 08-30-2007 03:42 PM
Brushless motor thread crono man Electric On-Road 52 05-24-2005 05:28 PM
Motor Glitch (Different Thread) DOMOisCOOL Electric On-Road 6 03-16-2004 08:58 PM
Stock Motor Thread March Electric On-Road 41 09-15-2003 11:10 AM
21T Motor Thread Raikonnen Electric On-Road 2 08-03-2003 08:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net