R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #361
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Dave,

What motor would you recommend for Yatabe?

The Yoko LT is hands down the best out of the motors i have, pretty much the same as the Luna LII.
I am keen to try another if you have any recommendations

Just picked myself up a comm lathe too (Kose), the switch that is supplied doesn't fit through the hole though!!!

The Atlas brushes suitable fo the LT?

Cheers

Alch
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 07:20 PM   #362
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone knows the performance difference between the Tamiya Type RR and Tamiya Type RR (Gun Metal Case)? Are they supposed to be geared the same? Thanks.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #363
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Anyone knows the performance difference between the Tamiya Type RR and Tamiya Type RR (Gun Metal Case)? Are they supposed to be geared the same? Thanks.
the chrome can RR has the standard core and can be geared about 1~2 teeth down from the RR(gunmetal can) which has a 3mm core..the newer RR has more RPM all over the place....

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:54 PM   #364
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alch
Dave,

What motor would you recommend for Yatabe?

The Yoko LT is hands down the best out of the motors i have, pretty much the same as the Luna LII.
I am keen to try another if you have any recommendations

Just picked myself up a comm lathe too (Kose), the switch that is supplied doesn't fit through the hole though!!!

The Atlas brushes suitable fo the LT?

Cheers

Alch
Gearing\Motor for Yatabe....hmmm ....here ya go
Xenon Griffon Gold= 5.10 if you have good batteries 5.3 if you don`t
Tectro 3 port Laydown=5.25G bats/5.45N bats
LR 5.5~5.7G bats /6.0 N bats(this motor will get hot no mater what the final drive ratio is but it moves
ECHO PQ 5.1G bats/5.4N bats



thats should get you started

also I can help you out with the Kose lathe.. it fits I might have to make a trip to Tokyo to show ya
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:24 PM   #365
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Quote:
Gearing\Motor for Yatabe....hmmm ....here ya go
Xenon Griffon Gold= 5.10 if you have good batteries 5.3 if you don`t
Tectro 3 port Laydown=5.25G bats/5.45N bats
LR 5.5~5.7G bats /6.0 N bats(this motor will get hot no mater what the final drive ratio is but it moves
ECHO PQ 5.1G bats/5.4N bats
Thanks for the info...Might give the Xenon Kin a go this friday..
I was looking at getting a temp gun too, any recommendations? Couldn't find too much on the subject.

Quote:
also I can help you out with the Kose lathe.. it fits I might have to make a trip to Tokyo to show ya
Really? From what i could tell, it should fit through the hole on the right, then you secure it with the nut, but the thread of the switch doesn't fit through the hole.. see attached pic (Thats as far as it goes, nut is off too!)..
I should go, but the hole is just a fraction to small, i thought of just filing it down, but i shouldn't really have too! Plus i dont have a file!

Heading off to RC-Champ/Supa Rajicon shortly, getting the Ctx-m for Asimo.

Thanks
Alch
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:33 PM   #366
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default 23t in a 1/12

hi dave,
any tips on gearing a yok 23t RSL on a 1/12 pan car? main purpose is just for bashing, sometimes races too!!
the brushes + springs are kit items, hoods aligned and motor fitted with bearings.
thanks.
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:46 PM   #367
Tech Master
 
Kenneth Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,123
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
the chrome can RR has the standard core and can be geared about 1~2 teeth down from the RR(gunmetal can) which has a 3mm core..the newer RR has more RPM all over the place....

-Dave
Thanks Dave, so meaning the chrome RR can geared with a final ratio of 5+ while gun metal RR at 6+?
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:11 AM   #368
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Dave,

The Kose lathe i got is a new design (Shiny Finish), i took it back to the shop (Rajicon) and explained to them the problem, they got 3 other out and tried to put the switch in, but none of the fitted.
So..... They had one of the older model's left which doesn't look as good as the new design (Matt finish) and just swapped it over...
So all is good.

I also picked up a Xenon Kin, so will give it a go this friday at Yatabe!

Cheers
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:04 AM   #369
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alch
Dave,

The Kose lathe i got is a new design (Shiny Finish), i took it back to the shop (Rajicon) and explained to them the problem, they got 3 other out and tried to put the switch in, but none of the fitted.
So..... They had one of the older model's left which doesn't look as good as the new design (Matt finish) and just swapped it over...
So all is good.

I also picked up a Xenon Kin, so will give it a go this friday at Yatabe!

Cheers
Make sure that you break that motor in good before you go all out with that gearing I'd say take it on th eeasy side of the gearing around 5.5 for abuot 3~4 packs then after that skim the comm and if you can reserate the brushes and gear away at it
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:07 AM   #370
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Thanks Dave, so meaning the chrome RR can geared with a final ratio of 5+ while gun metal RR at 6+?
Mid 5's for the Chrome and lower 6's for the Gun metal
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:10 AM   #371
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: 23t in a 1/12

Quote:
Originally posted by alana07
hi dave,
any tips on gearing a yok 23t RSL on a 1/12 pan car? main purpose is just for bashing, sometimes races too!!
the brushes + springs are kit items, hoods aligned and motor fitted with bearings.
thanks.

I have yet to try 23T stocks with my new 1/12 Car...but I'll be able to dabble with it this weekend...and see what type of roll out you would need along with a gear ratio .

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:20 AM   #372
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Quote:
Make sure that you break that motor in good before you go all out with that gearing I'd say take it on th eeasy side of the gearing around 5.5 for abuot 3~4 packs then after that skim the comm and if you can reserate the brushes and gear away at it
Will do! Thanks for the advice
This will be my first time using a lathe, will get someone at the track to watch over me..

Reserate the brushes? Please explain!

I was looking for some comm drops too, couldn't find any though.
You said in an earlier post that Atlas market them, but i couldn't find it, does Rajicon or Champ stock it?

Cheers

Alch
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:44 AM   #373
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alch
Will do! Thanks for the advice
This will be my first time using a lathe, will get someone at the track to watch over me..

Reserate the brushes? Please explain!

I was looking for some comm drops too, couldn't find any though.
You said in an earlier post that Atlas market them, but i couldn't find it, does Rajicon or Champ stock it?

Cheers

Alch
No No Atals makes some bushing lube thats in the Blue bottle ... Also ECHO makes some nice Comm drops( TQ Drops )
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:05 AM   #374
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default Re: Re: 23t in a 1/12

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have yet to try 23T stocks with my new 1/12 Car...but I'll be able to dabble with it this weekend...and see what type of roll out you would need along with a gear ratio .

-Dave
thanks dave, pls report on your findings, i'll be going to dabble w mine also this weekend, provided it doesn't rain.
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:12 AM   #375
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 23t in a 1/12

Quote:
Originally posted by alana07
thanks dave, pls report on your findings, i'll be going to dabble w mine also this weekend, provided it doesn't rain.
What do you do your roll outs in metric or standard..?? I have figured it out in metric for 46~44mm rear tires right now .. a few more hours and I should have it all worked out pretty good...I hop you have some small spurs 92~96T 64P

-=Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless Motor Thread RC Buddah Electric On-Road 261 08-30-2007 03:42 PM
Brushless motor thread crono man Electric On-Road 52 05-24-2005 05:28 PM
Motor Glitch (Different Thread) DOMOisCOOL Electric On-Road 6 03-16-2004 08:58 PM
Stock Motor Thread March Electric On-Road 41 09-15-2003 11:10 AM
21T Motor Thread Raikonnen Electric On-Road 2 08-03-2003 08:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net