Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
23T motor thread >

23T motor thread

23T motor thread

Old 07-15-2003, 07:07 AM
  #16  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm
SR...SR...hail to the SR....this motor is MAD for a 23T....I love it!!!!
but I don`t really care for the way it has to be geared.. 5.8~6.6 is what most of the Yok drivers recomend

-Dave

BTW look at the attached pic
Attached Thumbnails 23T motor thread-picture-205.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:11 AM
  #17  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink One more Pic`

here`s some more of the Awesome 23T`s

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails 23T motor thread-picture-200.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:17 AM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up some more 23T`s

....more Motors

Attached Thumbnails 23T motor thread-picture-201.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:28 AM
  #19  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
but I don`t really care for the way it has to be geared.. 5.8~6.6 is what most of the Yok drivers recomend

-Dave

BTW look at the attached pic
I'm doing OK with 5.5-5.6 on an Xray with the 1.77 pullies...
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:32 AM
  #20  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm
I'm doing OK with 5.5-5.6 on an Xray with the 1.77 pullies...
Really..???!!

I was gearing mine in the 5.7 range and it came off the track at 87 deg. C

But the brushes were fina and so was the com .. but man was it flying!!!
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:43 AM
  #21  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Really..???!!

I was gearing mine in the 5.7 range and it came off the track at 87 deg. C

But the brushes were fina and so was the com .. but man was it flying!!!
-Dave
Yes it was coming off HOT..but I haven't taken a temp gun to it yet...maybe this weekend! Brushes were fine thought....
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:44 AM
  #22  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default Re: some more 23T`s

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
....more Motors

You are a 23T nut......I am just starting on 23T...hehe....
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:44 AM
  #23  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
davioh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: hong kong
Posts: 778
Default

damn....thats alota motors...those yokomo's look a bit like the mirage (on the top) i think mirage takes stuff from yokomo. the SR sounds awesome! i want one! DTM how much did you get it for?
davioh is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:47 AM
  #24  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Dave- are you using Tribo drops on the comm?....I have found 4-5 runs and I only have to take 1 skim to clean up the comm....very good stuff!
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:47 AM
  #25  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
davioh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: hong kong
Posts: 778
Default

Originally posted by dtm
SR...SR...hail to the SR....this motor is MAD for a 23T....I love it!!!!
is it the blue one or the green one?
davioh is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:49 AM
  #26  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: some more 23T`s

Originally posted by dtm
You are a 23T nut......I am just starting on 23T...hehe....
I would run other motors...but most of the classes here in Japan are 23T..Mod isn`t that popular...plus..some of these new 23T`s go as fast as a new 10T Single flatliner I just bought.....

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:49 AM
  #27  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by davioh
damn....thats alota motors...those yokomo's look a bit like the mirage (on the top) i think mirage takes stuff from yokomo. the SR sounds awesome! i want one! DTM how much did you get it for?
You should get change out of HK$200.......
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 AM
  #28  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Dave- are you using Tribo drops on the comm?....I have found 4-5 runs and I only have to take 1 skim to clean up the comm....very good stuff!
Sure am..but it`s marketed under a different name here in Japan...ATLAS puts there name on it but it`s the same stuff..

Also..I`m using Putnam Brushes and it makes a huge differance...

JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:52 AM
  #29  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default Re: Re: Re: some more 23T`s

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I would run other motors...but most of the classes here in Japan are 23T..Mod isn`t that popular...plus..some of these new 23T`s go as fast as a new 10T Single flatliner I just bought.....

-Dave
This is what we are finding out..at first we thought it would be boring...when when you get a big enough group of 23T it is crazy!!! 23T is slowly becoming more popular than mod in HK too. They have switched to 8 min races a lot of the times here so 12T only has marginal advantage...especially when mods cannot afford to run flat out!!
dtm is offline  
Old 07-15-2003, 07:53 AM
  #30  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sure am..but it`s marketed under a different name here in Japan...ATLAS puts there name on it but it`s the same stuff..

Also..I`m using Putnam Brushes and it makes a huge differance...

How do these brushes compare to Atlas 076? Do not have in HK
dtm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.