R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2003, 06:52 PM   #241
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Post


Last edited by madjack; 09-01-2003 at 10:23 PM.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 08:05 PM   #242
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 697
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default XXX-S and MR4-SD

I find it strange. If when i gear my T-Maxx to aorund 6 on my XXX-S, after a few run, the motor felt really hot. But when I gear it to 5.5 on MR4-SD, strangely, it doesn't feel as hot. ???
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 04:00 AM   #243
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: XXX-S and MR4-SD

Quote:
Originally posted by ongbenghui
I find it strange. If when i gear my T-Maxx to aorund 6 on my XXX-S, after a few run, the motor felt really hot. But when I gear it to 5.5 on MR4-SD, strangely, it doesn't feel as hot. ???
6.??? if its the older T-max then you should be in the 5.4~5.8 range depending on the motor
RST
RSL
RSR


-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 04:07 AM   #244
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default LUNA and ECHO

Hello dave i just got a question, whats is the main diffrence in output and torque of the new Luna Limited edition motors compared to the original STX series ??

Apart from that is the ECHO 23T better in terms of RPM and Torque ??

What do you recommend for fast big tracks and small twisty tracks. Hope you can help.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:39 AM   #245
Tech Adept
 
TRF414M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 176
Default

JDM_DOHC_SiR,

I need your advise on the new Xenon Motors, what is the gear ratio for "AKA", "MOMO", "KIN", and "AO"?

Our tracks best lap time is around 15.5 seconds on stock.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 08:35 AM   #246
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: LUNA and ECHO

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Hello dave i just got a question, whats is the main diffrence in output and torque of the new Luna Limited edition motors compared to the original STX series ??

Apart from that is the ECHO 23T better in terms of RPM and Torque ??

What do you recommend for fast big tracks and small twisty tracks. Hope you can help.
well for the newer Luna`s I like the SI and the LI they really have a ton of RPM but lack the torque of it`s yokomo counter part...

and as for the newer ECHO motors use the PQ on a mid tight track and use the SQ or TS on a larger track..
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 08:40 AM   #247
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF414M
JDM_DOHC_SiR,

I need your advise on the new Xenon Motors, what is the gear ratio for "AKA", "MOMO", "KIN", and "AO"?

Our tracks best lap time is around 15.5 seconds on stock.
well the Xenon motors are Based of the newer ECHO line..so.. they ROck!!! all of them have the new screw type rotor but the AO..



gearing would be as follow for a rough estimate..
AKA 5.8
MOMO 5.8
KIN 5.7
AO 5.9

this is just a starting point..but I think that you could go down .2 on nay one of these motors based on the temp after a 4~5 min run

80 Deg C would be the hotest that I would let the motors get..
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 05:46 AM   #248
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: LUNA and ECHO

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
well for the newer Luna`s I like the SI and the LI they really have a ton of RPM but lack the torque of it`s yokomo counter part...

and as for the newer ECHO motors use the PQ on a mid tight track and use the SQ or TS on a larger track..
-Dave
Thanks dave, where can i find the echo motors in japan i will be there this 16th must go shopping

Thanks again
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:22 AM   #249
Tech Regular
 
BagofSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Buckingham, UK
Posts: 344
Default

Hi Guys,

This is my first 23T post! I've just baught a Luna Glory STC-X off FUK-WRX, 'cause he can't attent the next race, and is heading back to Japan for fresh supplies anyway.

Can You guys give some some advise for tuning this motor? After I align the hoods, what brushes/springs should I look at, and are there any other tips?

Thanks, Chris
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:35 AM   #250
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Talking Dave advised me this

Quote:
Originally posted by BagofSkill
Hi Guys,

This is my first 23T post! I've just baught a Luna Glory STC-X off FUK-WRX, 'cause he can't attent the next race, and is heading back to Japan for fresh supplies anyway.

Can You guys give some some advise for tuning this motor? After I align the hoods, what brushes/springs should I look at, and are there any other tips?

Thanks, Chris

The Luna motors come pretty well aligned form the factory...also they come 3d Balanced after Yokomo is done with them...also the brush thats in that version is rather good too

but I would try to break in the bushings and try to Align the hoods is you want the best out of it.. ...Your going to low that motor.... but start the searing at 5.5 and go down from there..

-Dave
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:44 AM   #251
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: LUNA and ECHO

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Thanks dave, where can i find the echo motors in japan i will be there this 16th must go shopping

Thanks again
Good luck..none of the Tokyo Shops have the PQ`s in stock.... But you can get a Xenon Racing MOM or Kin they have the screw Rotor and are based of the Echo motor..they have quite a few of these in Stock...but by the time you get here I would have to say the SQ might be the only motor form ECHO you will find...but up inYokohama...I might be able to get a PQ for ya..

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:46 AM   #252
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Dave advised me this

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
The Luna motors come pretty well aligned form the factory...also they come 3d Balanced after Yokomo is done with them...also the brush thats in that version is rather good too

but I would try to break in the bushings and try to Align the hoods is you want the best out of it.. ...Your going to low that motor.... but start the searing at 5.5 and go down from there..

-Dave


took the word right out from me

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:54 AM   #253
Tech Regular
 
BagofSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Buckingham, UK
Posts: 344
Default

Thanks Guys!

I'm looking forward to the weekend!
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 06:55 PM   #254
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BagofSkill
Thanks Guys!

I'm looking forward to the weekend!
Tell us about it i might come over just to watch
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 06:57 PM   #255
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: LUNA and ECHO

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Good luck..none of the Tokyo Shops have the PQ`s in stock.... But you can get a Xenon Racing MOM or Kin they have the screw Rotor and are based of the Echo motor..they have quite a few of these in Stock...but by the time you get here I would have to say the SQ might be the only motor form ECHO you will find...but up inYokohama...I might be able to get a PQ for ya..

-Dave
Damn there no more in stock how much do they roughly cost in yen the echo motors ??
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless Motor Thread RC Buddah Electric On-Road 261 08-30-2007 03:42 PM
Brushless motor thread crono man Electric On-Road 52 05-24-2005 05:28 PM
Motor Glitch (Different Thread) DOMOisCOOL Electric On-Road 6 03-16-2004 08:58 PM
Stock Motor Thread March Electric On-Road 41 09-15-2003 11:10 AM
21T Motor Thread Raikonnen Electric On-Road 2 08-03-2003 08:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net