R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2003, 11:27 AM   #226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How much faster is a 23T motor compared to a 27T stock motor? Also I have seen lots of talk about different 23T motors, which ones are the best? Not trying to start anything. I don't know anything about these motors, I am just curious.

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:38 AM   #227
Tech Adept

people why can't you just scroll back and see what Dave said before, poor dave have to repeat himself over and over again.

sigh

Dave says the 23T Echo PQ will blow the doors off all the other 23T motors

and the ECHO SQ has the most RPM followed by the Yokomo SR

there you go.
versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:15 PM   #228
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[Quote]So you have a Griffon Red..it Has laydown brushes right.??

that gear ration seems to be in the ball park...if you know someone that has a temp gun..you really should check the motor temp when you are done with the run...that motor should not get any hotter than 82 deg C. tops..if it does then your asking for trouble...on my Xenon Red G I run about 5.65 and thats on a 160m track with a 35m straight..

so try changing the gear ration and see if that helps your problem..

-Dave
[Quote]

I did try gearing it down to 5.8 and got the right results. Performance of the motor was consistent through out....thanks Dave. I will try a ratio of 5.65 and see if that improves my run; without getting the motor too hot.

82 deg C you say? It's rather hot down here near the equator and so, maybe that's why the motor gets a little too hot......what do you think?

BTW, this is one fast stocker........blows away most others here. I've been asked if I had a mod bolted in my car.

Cheers!
Pandora's Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:00 PM   #229
Tech Adept

JDM_DOHC_SiR,

Can you suggest the best range for MDX 23T P? And for for the Altas Force Pink and Purple?
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:26 PM   #230
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
?? 5.4 with a LR... you must be on a GP track because I only gear min at the lowest 5.77 and thats on a track thats a little bigger than 160M with a 35M straight...
Hmmm.... i think the straight is about 50-60M (includes sweeping corner before the straight line). I think the ratio is still normal, beacuse many drivers using 4.3-4.5 (On Adachi's setup sheet) and Surikarn also suggest 4.5-4.8 for starting point ONLY if you have fresh (means also brand new) battery
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:27 PM   #231
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF414M
JDM_DOHC_SiR,

Can you suggest the best range for MDX 23T P? And for for the Altas Force Pink and Purple?

The MDX 23T P type has the same rotor as the Older ECHO Ultimate T-T so it"s a torque based motor... the only differance is that it has the newer style can..... which is very good.. I would use a 5.4~5.7 Range for that motor depending on track size..
Good luck

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #232
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Hmmm.... i think the straight is about 50-60M (includes sweeping corner before the straight line). I think the ratio is still normal, beacuse many drivers using 4.3-4.5 (On Adachi's setup sheet) and Surikarn also suggest 4.5-4.8 for starting point ONLY if you have fresh (means also brand new) battery
I hear ya..because ...when I run at Yatabe Arena I have to gear down to 5.05 on most of the motors that I would only gear in the 5.5 Range.... also I find that If I use my Race packs I can gear down about .15 on the motor ...due to the extra power...

But when Adachi Can to my Local track he was using a SR with a gearing of 5.9 and when he swiched to a LT the ration was about 5.7..so a lot of the time it has to do with track lay out....

-Dave
Old 08-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #233
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Yes, the track is bigger. About 60m for straight I guess..

Hello Mr. Dani, it's good to hear from you again..
Still love my 414 but planning to try the EVO3 on upcoming Reedy Race in Bangkok

Are u going to play nitro again? how about a free S705 just for you to crash on?
Hmmm..... compare to TB Evo3, I believe that 414's still performs better. Hmmm..... thanks alot, but the reason I don't play 1/10 Nitro again is R/C are more and more expensive these days..... (especially GP - Engine, fuel, tires, etc) EP racing is more than enough for me (lagi itung2an sih tapi gak match mulu)

Oh ya, jadi ikutan Race di Bkk? Gue punya batt menurut gue lumayan OK (high runtime). Bawa aja gpp kalo misal lebih jelek ya bisa dipake buat latihan..... Gue udah tawarin Team XRAY tapi pada bilang gak perlu, hiks hiks sombong bener ya hehe
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 07:55 AM   #234
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The MDX 23T P type has the same rotor as the Older ECHO Ultimate T-T so it"s a torque based motor... the only differance is that it has the newer style can..... which is very good.. I would use a 5.4~5.7 Range for that motor depending on track size..
Good luck

-Dave
I just bought myself one ECHO Type P. Only Type P and S were available at the shop (Rakusei Nagoya), and no Type PQ. Yet to use it - how do you suggest I should break in the motor?

My track is a high speed track, so I was thinking to gear it down to 5.3.

Thanx
maresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:25 PM   #235
Tech Initiate

I notice that for most of the 23T motors mentioned here, a change of brushes and springs are recommended.

I have some non-buildable Tamiya stockers unlike the rebuildables mentioned here. Since I can't do any comm trueing, wld a change of brushes and springs help? I read in some articles that changing brushes without truing is an absolute no no!
Tronky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:24 AM   #236
Tech Apprentice

I just got myself a Kawada VX Stock R.....the recommended gear ratio is 6.2~6.8. Any feedbacks from anyone here who got this motor? What brush to use? Should I change the spring? Should I gear within the recomended ratio for a SMALL technical track which I normally run?

Last edited by alucard; 08-29-2003 at 09:06 AM.
alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:19 AM   #237
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard
I just got myself a Kawada VX Stock R.....the recommended gear ratio is 6.2~6.8. Any feedbacks from anyone here who got this motor? What brush to use? Should I change the spring? Should I gear within the recomended ratio for a SMALL technical track which I normally run?
Qith the VX stock ...I just started to runa few packs throught it yesterday and I gear it in the 6.32 for my track...not a bad motor...but as for the springs and brushes...I couldn`t get any more power form the motor..I could only get more torque going to a stiffer Spring on the negative side...which might work well for your small track...

give it a try and see what works for you..

-Dave
Old 08-29-2003, 09:30 AM   #238
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Oh ya, jadi ikutan Race di Bkk? Gue punya batt menurut gue lumayan OK (high runtime). Bawa aja gpp kalo misal lebih jelek ya bisa dipake buat latihan..... Gue udah tawarin Team XRAY tapi pada bilang gak perlu, hiks hiks sombong bener ya hehe [/B]
I'm expecting you to joint the fun as well in Bkk. About the bateries, I'm more than happy to use but our internal DTS partnership agreement must be using Reedy at this time as we still have 16 new packs to go (as their specs won't last till next year).

...maybe they prefer to use the 8 months old batteries as reported in Mytsn recently , no offense team Xray
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #239
Tech Apprentice

Dave, I am really impress with ur knowledge about 23t motors. Thank u for ur findings.

Quote:
Qith the VX stock ...I just started to runa few packs throught it yesterday and I gear it in the 6.32 for my track...not a bad motor...but as for the springs and brushes...I couldn`t get any more power form the motor..I could only get more torque going to a stiffer Spring on the negative side...which might work well for your small track...

give it a try and see what works for you..

-Dave
alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 05:39 PM   #240
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard
Dave, I am really impress with ur knowledge about 23t motors. Thank u for ur findings.
Thanks..but there are otheres that know as much if not more about these motors but they speak Japanese
-Dave