23T motor thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

my friend got a new mirage stand up...how much should you gear it? right now it's like at 5.7 and my old mirage can beat it at 5.2 or so
Old 08-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by davioh
my friend got a new mirage stand up...how much should you gear it? right now it's like at 5.7 and my old mirage can beat it at 5.2 or so

I wouldn`t gear any lower than that with any of the newer 3mmcore 23T stocks... the new Mirage is like the Yokomo Sr it performs best at a 5.9~6.3 range on a open track..
about 160m in total size

-Dave
Old 08-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Dave :

Originally posted by LeoChan
If Yokomo SR use which spring in negative side & positive side ?

the Stock ones work the best..but if you are on a big track and want a few more RPM...I would use a trinity green on the negative side and a trinity red on the positive side

-Dave
Old 08-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

hey dave,

have you tried any Team Orion 23T motors? its using their own TOP can right?

wonder how's the performance on those
Old 08-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

hi, is kawada 23T motor any good?? which model should go for... its seem much cheaper than tamiya motor in some places... currently using type R, any1 hav compared these 2 motor b4??
Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by versa
hey dave,

have you tried any Team Orion 23T motors? its using their own TOP can right?

wonder how's the performance on those
Sure have...which one do you want to know about...
the
RS
RS II
RS TS
RS TL

the TS and the TL have the newer 3mm core rotor and have a bit more RPM..but you have to gear them a little different that the RS and RS II

the best overall one is the TL lots of power and torque..but 8min races are a pinch..the TS would be a beter choise in that area if run time comes into play..
-Dave
Old 08-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by blixelX
hi, is kawada 23T motor any good?? which model should go for... its seem much cheaper than tamiya motor in some places... currently using type R, any1 hav compared these 2 motor b4??
the Kawada with the black rotor types are the best..over the R or RR..but they offer 3 different versions.. there are
ones with a Red lable and stand up brushes...Torque type ....one with a Purple lable and standup brushes..this is the RPM type ..and thee is one more type with a Purple lable and Laydown brushes this is the power type...

all of these have the 3mm core and have lots of RPM...all the ones that I have all spin around 33000~35000 RPM and pull an avarage of 4~7 amps at 7.2 volts

-Dave
Old 08-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sure have...which one do you want to know about...
the
RS
RS II
RS TS
RS TL

the TS and the TL have the newer 3mm core rotor and have a bit more RPM..but you have to gear them a little different that the RS and RS II

the best overall one is the TL lots of power and torque..but 8min races are a pinch..the TS would be a beter choise in that area if run time comes into play..
-Dave
the RS and the RS II are the older generation right? and the TS & TL are the newer generation?

26506 speed daemon 23t TYPE TL.TS spare rotor \1,980

The new model 23t motor of the ティ?[ムオリオン, the TYPE TL, it is the spare rotor for the TS. The TYPE TL of the HPI make, as a spare of the TS you can use.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...r%2Findex.html

what does that mean? does it mean its actually made by HPI and not their own TOP CAN?

so dave what your saying TL has more power and torque among all the orion motors but it takes a lot of current to power it?

how does it compare to the ECHO PQ motor?

just wondering and thanks in advance dave
Old 08-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I got a query for the 23t gurus out here..

I know the first thing that comes to mind to get more speed is perhaps to get a lower turn motor at the expense of runtime and increased maintainence.

I got a futaba 230 esc recently (limit 20turns). I'm not about to invest in a lathe, so I thot the most economical avenue's to stick with 23t stock rather than getting rebuildable motors in the low turns which needs more frequent maintainence and are more batt sapping.

I just wondering if the any of the good 23turns stock could keep up with the run of the mills 17-19 turns in a track or is an investment for a better esc in order? I'm currently running a Tamiya stock and it's good for 10-12 minutes on a 1400. =P I'm perfectly fine with the speed my motor churn out now, though the lack of speed is pretty apparent in long straights.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tronky
Hi, I got a query for the 23t gurus out here..

I know the first thing that comes to mind to get more speed is perhaps to get a lower turn motor at the expense of runtime and increased maintainence.

I got a futaba 230 esc recently (limit 20turns). I'm not about to invest in a lathe, so I thot the most economical avenue's to stick with 23t stock rather than getting rebuildable motors in the low turns which needs more frequent maintainence and are more batt sapping.

I just wondering if the any of the good 23turns stock could keep up with the run of the mills 17-19 turns in a track or is an investment for a better esc in order? I'm currently running a Tamiya stock and it's good for 10-12 minutes on a 1400. =P I'm perfectly fine with the speed my motor churn out now, though the lack of speed is pretty apparent in long straights.
well I have a few 19T Spec motors and I can say that 80% of my 23T can put the smak down on them.... especially the newer Yokomo SR and ECHO PQ... the SR spins at a average of 36000 RPM+ and I can gear it in the 5.8 range and up...the ECHO PQ is the same but can be geared to the 5.5+ range ..

run time is about 8~10 mins on GP3300 batterys

-Dave
Old 08-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

What? Does their exist a crome and a gun metal Tamiya RR?
Do they have different part numbers?
Old 08-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

yes and yes.
plse read the thread
it is allready in here.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

JDM_DOHC_SiR,

Have you try to install the kawada black rotor into different motor can?
Old 08-16-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kamen Rider
JDM_DOHC_SiR,

Have you try to install the kawada black rotor into different motor can?
yes...it fits into a ATLAS can ...so you might want to try that ....
-Dave
Old 08-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, wld check out the Yokomo Srs, one other question, currently I'm running a Tamiya Type T which is non rebuildable, except for the changing of brushes now and then, there's absolutely nothing I cld do right?

What is the number of brush changes I cld make (since I can't cut the comms before the comms are too scared for use?) for a non-rebuildable before it's time for a motor change? Since I'm not into racing, I dun really need my motors to be in tip top condition, but a pair of stock brushes are only good for 15-20 packs, so I reckon after factoring in some brush changes, a good stocker is only good for a month or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.