Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
23T motor thread >

23T motor thread

23T motor thread

Old 08-03-2003, 09:39 AM
  #136  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 189
Default Re: Re: Aussie 23t class

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Have you tried R-10 or Pro Shop Futaba in Tokyo..they do international orders

-Dave

if that doesn`t work PM me for details
i might take you up on that offer in about 2 months if they still dont stock it here or anywhere online so dont forget what you said!
versa is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 08:33 AM
  #137  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
davioh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: hong kong
Posts: 778
Default

hey dave
i'm wondering...does the amount of spaces at the front and end of the armature make a difference? and i blasted my motor with video cleaner and it wasn't as smooth as it was before...then it got a bit better when i put some royal oil in it...how exactly do you maintain the motor? (with out a comm lathe)
davioh is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:05 AM
  #138  
Tech Addict
 
LeoChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 568
Default Brush ?

Do you have use Putnam brush ?
Mid silver & High silver ?

Thanks !
LeoChan is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:27 AM
  #139  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by davioh
hey dave
i'm wondering...does the amount of spaces at the front and end of the armature make a difference? and i blasted my motor with video cleaner and it wasn't as smooth as it was before...then it got a bit better when i put some royal oil in it...how exactly do you maintain the motor? (with out a comm lathe)
I usually Clean my motors after every run to get the most out of them...also I try to keep as little play as possible in the Arm..... because less movement = more power...to some exstent i have about 0.2~0.3mm play in the Arm...also try to use a different oil that Royal Oil!!!!!!! thats just to thin for bushings and stock motors..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:41 AM
  #140  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
davioh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: hong kong
Posts: 778
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I usually Clean my motors after every run to get the most out of them...also I try to keep as little play as possible in the Arm..... because less movement = more power...to some exstent i have about 0.2~0.3mm play in the Arm...also try to use a different oil that Royal Oil!!!!!!! thats just to thin for bushings and stock motors..

-Dave
diff oil? what do you suggest?
davioh is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:48 AM
  #141  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by davioh
diff oil? what do you suggest?
Team Orions` Free Rev`s Bearing and Bushing Oil.... does the trick for me..
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:48 AM
  #142  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

I've never run a 23T spec motor at all. What gearing is needed for this beast to work correctly? Oh, BTW, it's a Tamiya 23T motor.
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:54 AM
  #143  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I've never run a 23T spec motor at all. What gearing is needed for this beast to work correctly? Oh, BTW, it's a Tamiya 23T motor.
Which Tamiya 23T motor...??

the R of the RR..and if it`s the RR which one..the chrome can or the Black chrome can...

if it`s the Chrome RR then it has a 4.5mm Core and you can gear it in the 5.6~6.1 range...... but if it`s the Black Chrome can RR then it has the 3mm Core..and you`ll need to gear it in the 6.2~6.7 Range...

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 11:55 AM
  #144  
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Which Tamiya 23T motor...??

the R of the RR..and if it`s the RR which one..the chrome can or the Black chrome can...

if it`s the Chrome RR then it has a 4.5mm Core and you can gear it in the 5.6~6.1 range...... but if it`s the Black Chrome can RR then it has the 3mm Core..and you`ll need to gear it in the 6.2~6.7 Range...

-Dave
Thanks Dave
Neil Rabara is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 11:56 AM
  #145  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Thanks Dave
No problem
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 02:15 PM
  #146  
Tech Addict
 
LeoChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 568
Default Dave :

Do you have use Putnam brush ?
Mid silver & High silver which one for 23T RACE bester ?

Your Real rpm type have how many rpm & use which gear ratio ?

Thanks !
LeoChan is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:21 PM
  #147  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rumah..
Posts: 16
Default

dave,

how about 23t type T (tamiya) ratio?
thanks.
-shah
shah285 is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:24 PM
  #148  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
davioh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: hong kong
Posts: 778
Default ask dave

haha this thread should be renamed ask dave!
davioh is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:34 PM
  #149  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rumah..
Posts: 16
Default

davioh..

got any answer??
shah285 is offline  
Old 08-04-2003, 10:38 PM
  #150  
Tech Adept
 
blixelX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 187
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Which Tamiya 23T motor...??

the R of the RR..and if it`s the RR which one..the chrome can or the Black chrome can...

if it`s the Chrome RR then it has a 4.5mm Core and you can gear it in the 5.6~6.1 range...... but if it`s the Black Chrome can RR then it has the 3mm Core..and you`ll need to gear it in the 6.2~6.7 Range...

-Dave
how bout the tamiya super stock type R?
blixelX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.