Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions regarding TT-01 and 01D

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Questions regarding TT-01 and 01D

Hi, I own a 01D and I am thinking of getting a cheap tt-01 for spare parts and the new body (body + wheels are already half price of the car). I have some questions that I can't figure out because I live in Canada, and there is only few LHS that don't carry much.

I wonder if the A-arms on 01 can fit on 01D. As well as the ball bearings.

I am also wanting to get a bigger bumper for the car, it seems 01's bumper is bigger than the 01D's, is that true.

No site had mentioned the shocks on 01, so are they oil-filled like the 01D's or just air + spring.

If anyone who own and run both 01 and 01D, can u provide a comparison in handling. I want to know if toe-in out, and chamber adjustment is THAT important for drifting.

What exactly does CVA shocks on 01D stands for.

What turn is the sport tuned motor on 01D, how can I further increase the torque for drifting.

Also, I have some small cracks on my body, is there a way to fix it? It's small now,but I think it's growing LOL.

Thanks, thanks a lot for answering these questions. It will help me decide if I should buy spare parts or new car.
W
Old 03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

The TT01 and the TT01D is the same chassis.
The 01D just comes with extras that the 01 doesnt come with ie:
oil shocks, bearings, sport tuned motor, adjustable upper a-arms for camber settings and a few other upgraded parts.
For wider bumper you could just get a piece high density foam and shap it to suit the body you are using.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

The ball bearings work in all TT-01 chassis. The A-arms are exactly the same.

The TT-01D urethane bumper is smaller than the normal TT-01 kit bumpers. The RTR version of some TT-01 bumpers are even larger (such as the RTR Ferrari Enzo)

The normal TT-01 has no adjustment options in terms of camber and toe in comparison to the TT-01D which comes with adjustable arms and links. It is important for drifting if you setup things up correctly.

No idea what CVA stands for, but those are oil filled shocks with bladders. Whereas the kit TT-01 shocks are called friction shocks.

The sport tuned motor is technically a stock 27-turn motor. If you want more torque you can try increasing your gear ratio by using a smaller pinion (although 19-tooth is the smallest you can go in the TT-01 chassis).

You can use aluminum tape to hold the cracks of the body together.

Another option is that you can save up and purchase the TT-01 Type E coming out in a few months. It has some revisions to the chassis and you can transfer your adjustable suspension links from the TT-01D over.

You can call 800-TAMIYA-A for customer service regarding any technical questions.