R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2003, 07:16 AM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
I'll leave that up to the owners, but technically, if I were to close this thread over this, I'd have to close the Fukuyama one as well to be fair.

Anyway, let's bury the hatchet here and move on.
I'm curious...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:22 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Guys Ron Atomic from Kinetix is a good guy and he has great customer support. I realize that a lot of people on rctech are running other matcher's batteries, but let's be honest- as long as a quality zapper is used and good honest matching numbers are on the label, they are all as good as the next. For those of you who are new to r/c racing you are wasting your time listening to the hype of this battery and that battery. Learn to take care of your cells and practice!!!! If you use low number cells and still win, then guess what? When you go to a big race and buy yourself some really GOOD battery packs, then you will be faster than when you beat Joe Blow next to you with your cheap practice packs. Ron will tell you the same thing- get some motors, some tires and some batteries that you can afford and GO PRACTICE!!!

Here's a not-so-well known fact for you: Back in the day, when there were some REALLY good cells among the millions, they used to run the packs and rematch them after every race!! In fact, there were some factory guys that had such good cells they didn't match all that well and they would charge them individually and then build the pack becasue they couldn't get a full charge on each cell since it was different from the others.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:24 AM   #18
Tech Elite

FYI (everyone)- I don't own or run any Kinetix battery packs. I know Ron and I know he's an honest business man. If I were going to run matched batteries then I would most likely buy from Ron because I know he's honest and has good customer support, but I run unmatched bulk battery packs that have never even been near a matcher. Why? Because I choose to win by driving skill and not trying to out motor or battery someone. Some of my buddies run for Team Pro-Match, and I run for Team Unmatch. LMAO !!!

My point for mentioning this fact is that I have nothing to gain (or lose) by stating the facts about what I see and hear. I'm sure the only thing Ron is going to give me is a good cussing for hacking on someone else's business practices, but I don't care. I'll just punt him next time he laps me when we're racing.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:25 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Everyone who posted in the Kinetix thread the last few days please repost your comments again. The Kinetix thread was deleted but the other one wasn't so far...
Old 12-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Kinteix Cells are AWESOME!

I have to agree with everyone Kinteix Cells are top notch and Ron is superb! I have several of his packs and so do a couple guys I race with. Not one complaint from any of us, just compliments for Ron and the awesome job he does.

Thanks for some killer cells Ron.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

Only the best with Ron Atomic / Kinetic RC!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks again everone for the great support. I am sorry for any of the latest bashing that has been going on , That is the last thing i like to see and i am glad to see that Shane has put an end to the threads that are involved in it. I guess i missed alot of it due to the fact that i just got back in town from racing . I take it that there was alot of negativity over the last 36 hours.
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #23
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Numbers

Out of all of the little battery matchers i would choose kinetix over any of them due to his customer service and good name.

When i say little matchers im comparing them with Trinity Orion Fantom Yokomo etc.

Little in size but not in performance.

As i want really good batteries wuth extreme run time and punch. I looked at the Orion cells and the average numbers are 440 sec run time with 1.180 numbers on them thats pretty big if you ask me and i have not seen anybody advertise cell numbers that come close to these.

Im am very weary cause no one else has the same numbred cells so does anybody know why they have much better numbers then anybody else??

Ron can you help me here??

Kind Regards
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:16 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, many things can cause higher numbers....the runout time can be shorter, like 360 seconds or even 300....which will effect the avg voltage. The lower the number, the higher avg voltage will be higher. Most matchers, including big companies like SMC use 5000, which is the default setting on the turbomatcher 4/35.

Other possible ways to get higher readings is to use a lower or higher charge rate, which typically doesn't have as big of variance, however a different discharge rate can greatly alter the number outputs. Cutoff voltage settings can alter both runtime and avg voltage, however the higher the cutoff voltage, the higher the avg voltage will be, but to raise runtime you would need to lower the cutoff voltage. The industry standard is .90 , rarely is this used to get higher numbers.

Of course, there is always the simple way of simply doctoring the label, but I doubt a company like orion would do that, let alone any matcher who sells on rctech.

Lastly, there is always the different equipment factor. While a majority of the companies out there use the CE turbomatcher series for their matching, there are a few companies out there using other equipment. Last I heard, Orion used the old lavco system, which is no longer made, in fact the company is no longer in business. Powerpush uses a custom made system supposedly, but I don't have an info on it.

Hope that helps.

And for the record, a few guys up here run Kinetix cells and they are extremely happy with them.

Later EddieO
Old 12-29-2003, 12:48 AM   #25

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Last I heard, Orion used the old lavco system, which is no longer made, in fact the company is no longer in business.
Yes, they still do and that's the bottom line as to why the numbers are different.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:13 AM   #26
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well here's my thumbs up to RON and the guys at KINETIX RC for putting out a great product, friendly service and super prices.
keep up the good work

SHAWN

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:48 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Losikid - Eddieo pretty much naled it on the head. There are many different reasons why there #'s look different and as far as i know they still use the lavco machines and so does Reedy . Reedy's #'s dont seem to look the same as Orions so i would take a guess and say they have the settings a little different . This is not a bad nor good thing , they just have a different process.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You're still using that same old signature, aren't you Ron.
I think it's about time you come up with a new one.

I might make it to the Novak race, hope to see you there.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Yea , still the same old sig. I'll change it some day soon. I'll see ya at Novak if your there.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:36 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ron, what is this I see on the Novak Race entry list, you Cherry Pickin in stock or what?
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote