Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REEDY RACE 2008 IS ON!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Now that I've had time to rest up and with a bit more energy. I'd like to take the time and thank the following So Cal friends for their help:

Mike Molina
Calvin Simmons
Carl Hyndman
Mike McMahon
Sean Williams
Steve Weiss

Also the following Elite R/C drivers:

David Jun
Marc Rheinard
Jilles Groskamp

Ralph Burch of Team XRay for getting me the plastic inserts that were needed to upgrade my car.

When a few of us drove to Speedworld for the warmup race I touched the brown railings three times and the right knuckle broke at the same turn all three times. All the knuckles showed the exact stress fracture. When I installed aluminum knucles and castor blocks nothing else broke all weekend. What a relief to not have to replace a bunch of parts and nice to see what aluminum upgrades do to a car.

Boomer, it was good to talk to you for a while. Thanks, Paco.

Last edited by F. Mendoza; 05-26-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, first I would like to thank everyone that made the trip for the Reedy race at SpeedWorld. This race will be sold out next year, I will bet anybody on that. I would like to thank Team Associated and Mike Reedy for the Reedy Race event to happen and SpeedWorld Raceway. Mike, we are thinking about you all time and for your race to be held at my race facility is a memory that will last forever along with memories that we have had together at all the races over the 20 years of friendship that I have had with you. I hope you will be able to make the trip next year, that would be my only wish for 2009 and to see one of my best friends Atsushi Hara.

I would like to give a SPECIAL thanks to Scotty Barnes, Craig Patterson and Marc Richards and my wife Tracy for all their hard work and hundreds of hours over the past 10 weeks to get SpeedWorld up and running for this special race. The track and facility turned out awesome and did not expect to build anything less for all you racers. I can guarantee all of you that the race would not have happened without their help.

I would like to thank Boomer and the crew Jamie, Jeff and Buck (hope I did not get the names wrong) for their hard and thankless work. No one could ever imagine and hard the work is to run a race, GREAT JOB GUYS. You guys are the best and I would like to thank you for coming and doing a outstanding job for the Reedy Race. Thank you Scotty Ernst as always doing a fabulous job and hard work to keep the race on track and the crowd excited with your professional race announcing.

Big Thanks goes out to Brandon Rhodes for having liverc.com at this event. Brandon work his a$$ off all weekend to make it possible for everyone to watch it at home. I also heard that Brandon had over 950 on line viewers watching the race on www.liverc.com that is one of the most number of on line viewers for on-road of all time. (Great job Brandon)

Congrats goes out to Atsushi Hara, Kevin Jelich and Larry Fairtrace for their BIG wins at the 2008 Reedy Race.
Thank you again Scotty Barnes for letting me use your Cyclone Sedan for the Reedy race, which meant a lot to be able to race this event at my home track.

Thank you everybody and hope to see you at our club races or at this race next year.
Billy & Tracy Bowerman

Big events coming up @ SpeedWorld

SpeedWorld Cup Electric 8th Annual, July 12-13
Mugen Seiki Nitro 1/10 Challenge Cup July 19 - 20

Last edited by YLLIB; 05-26-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Billy is the man. Wish I could have made it. NEXT YEAR?

John Hicks
Old 05-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Billy- All of that and you forgot to mention that YOU also made your main!?Congrats. And thanks for all the effort of you, your family and your staff for hosting a great event. Considering all the curve balls that mother nature threw at us, you all still made it happen. (In fact, I can't remember a race where so many different racing conditions were experienced; day/night, windy, hot/cold, drizzly, etc).

Again, thanks to Scotty, Boomer, Jamie and the rest of the crew for another professional, courteous, fair and enjoyable event. Congrats to Kevin Jelich and Larry Fairtrace on their wins.

I also have to mention that it was great to see Matt Francis going around the track again. I hope he'll be back for the 2009 Reedy Race at Speedworld! I know I will.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

AWESOME RACE AND KILLER FACILITY. Billy you have a great track, and whole setup there. I will try really hard to make it back for the next one. One of the car friendliest tracks I have been on with walls.

Scotty and crew did a great job as always. Fair and professional.

The invite was awesome to watch, glad I got to see some of those battles in person.

Awesome job to all the A main guys, racing was tight in all classes.

Can't wait for next year.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Any pics from the race as yet?

Congrats to all the winners, in particular all the TOP racers. A fantastic result!

Cheers

Robbie
Old 05-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I found these videos on another website. The 13.5 vid is pretty good. The modify video isn't that great, but at least its something.

13.5 A1 Main: ( Thanks Larry for correction )

http://zjwmedia.com/joomla/Movies/Sp....5_A2_Main.mov

Mod A1 Main:

http://zjwmedia.com/joomla/Movies/Sp...od_A2_Main.mov

Last edited by Zac Project; 05-27-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Invitational Round 7, Heat 1:

http://zjwmedia.com/joomla/Movies/Sp...d_7_Heat_1.mov

This is from the same guy that filmed this. Much appreciated . He's got more videos tonight.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone note how if any A-main 13.5 and Mod drivers use Lipo and which ones if any?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Anyone note how if any A-main 13.5 and Mod drivers use Lipo and which ones if any?
i believe two 13.5 A main drivers used Lipo, Kyle used the new thunder power battery, and Scotty ran a lipo but not certain which one.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a note, that is A main 1 from 13.5 above not A2.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
i believe two 13.5 A main drivers used Lipo, Kyle used the new thunder power battery, and Scotty ran a lipo but not certain which one.
I used the Orion 3600 Lipo.

It was a FUN week of racing. Made my goal of making the show then blew my second goal of making the top 3.

Thanks to Hiro and HB for there help, and to Billy for letting me pit next to him.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I used Reedy VMX IB4600's! And I think Larry was running Nimh's aswell!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
I used the Orion 3600 Lipo.

It was a FUN week of racing. Made my goal of making the show then blew my second goal of making the top 3.

Thanks to Hiro and HB for there help, and to Billy for letting me pit next to him.
You made the A man!!!! ...I want your babies!!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Heh all. What a great race and interesting turn of events. Track conditions changed dramatically throughout challenging driving and tuning skills. I've got a ton of great shots, but you'll have to wait to see the best in next issue of Xtreme RC Magazine where the coverage of the race will be. Here is a taste. More on the way, but not all.
Attached Thumbnails REEDY RACE 2008 IS ON!!!!!-track-day.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.