R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #376
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

H-13

Oh god help us, those tires were sooooo hurting!What year was that they ran those at Ripon? Super low profile but sucked in the heat.

I was thinking more like a Losi yellow or a Proline S3.Thats the ticket!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #377
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Let's lighten up this thread a little bit, I laugh at my own $hit at times, LOL.
Here is my take on the whole thing since we have been doing the testing on the tires with some of my close friends that can drive pretty well. This is what we came up with together. The rim will be a Cross black 26mm rim, you must have 4 complete wraps around the rim with grey duct tape, the insert is a Yokomo thin, the tire will be a H13 pro-line and you must glue your own tires. I can sell those to you guys for around $25.00. You can also buy as many as you want for the Reedy Race.
What do you think?

Billy
i think that the Red duct Tape would be a tad better or maybe 2 wraps of clear and 2 black ....
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #378
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Let's lighten up this thread a little bit, I laugh at my own $hit at times, LOL.
Here is my take on the whole thing since we have been doing the testing on the tires with some of my close friends that can drive pretty well. This is what we came up with together. The rim will be a Cross black 26mm rim, you must have 4 complete wraps around the rim with grey duct tape, the insert is a Yokomo thin, the tire will be a H13 pro-line and you must glue your own tires. I can sell those to you guys for around $25.00. You can also buy as many as you want for the Reedy Race.
What do you think?

Billy
I was a GOD to the novice racer's after the Reedy race we used those at......LOL It was like Christmas to them.

Just throwing this out there but has having this years race be open tire been considered?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
What do you think?

Billy
see, I knew those H13 I stash away from the Ripon Reedy was going to come in handy one day....now I just have to find some discontinued cross rims

Steve Wang
Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #380
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Billy, Don't you have to use a certain type of glue as well?
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #381
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All right now were talking! Did I ruffle some feathers!!! LOL Well first off sorry about the Jaco thing wrong tire MUCHMORE!! Look Im going to be watching the race with alot of other people and I want to see some good racing!! As far as not making money being the main person running the race and making the decision on what tire to run and setting up hotels in a timely manor,bull$iht!!! If there wasent money being made then the race wouldnt be run so stop with the crap!! As far as the Vegas race all Im saying is this, that race is in OCTOBER and that race is set and ready the REEDY is in 4 weeks and hotels arent even set yet!!! Am I the only one that views that as little bit RETARTED!!! We all know in the past factory teams paid for track time to send there guys out there to practice for a weekend with the tires that will be run at the race!! I am sure there is more to it and blah blah blah its just food for thought! If your butt hurt over my opinion OH WELL truth hurts I guess!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #382
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Real Talk.

Bigdog for President!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #383
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

TOASTY!!!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
sounds like you want to know the spec tire so you can have an advantage at your local track.

they should announce the spec tire Wednesday night. that way its an equal playing field

molina... Tamiya closed the track for a month.. EVEN if you had a tamiya..and you were in reedy, you werent allowed to practice.
Cris , You're right that the Tamiya track was closed for everyone except sponsored tamiya drivers.. They ran on sundays ask any of the tamiya guys... We all had friends running on sundays before Reedy..

Bigdog- Vegas race is in August....
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #385
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
All right now were talking! Did I ruffle some feathers!!! LOL Well first off sorry about the Jaco thing wrong tire MUCHMORE!! Look Im going to be watching the race with alot of other people and I want to see some good racing!! As far as not making money being the main person running the race and making the decision on what tire to run and setting up hotels in a timely manor,bull$iht!!! If there wasent money being made then the race wouldnt be run so stop with the crap!! As far as the Vegas race all Im saying is this, that race is in OCTOBER and that race is set and ready the REEDY is in 4 weeks and hotels arent even set yet!!! Am I the only one that views that as little bit RETARTED!!! We all know in the past factory teams paid for track time to send there guys out there to practice for a weekend with the tires that will be run at the race!! I am sure there is more to it and blah blah blah its just food for thought! If your butt hurt over my opinion OH WELL truth hurts I guess!!
Bigdog, are you crazy??? Tire testing was done the last 2 Sat's. 4/5 and 4/12.

So in 2 days with Scotty overseas at another race, Billy and Scotty are to talk over which tire's should be used, talk to the tire company and make sure there is enough supply, and make the annoucment???

WOW, I would have been impressed if that could have been done.

Whats to say the muchmore tires are better or worse then the Jaco's or the Sorex?? The guys testing used there current setups that worked better with certain tires. With some setups changes other tires might have been better.

WHO KNOW'S, testing is done and Billy will make his suggestion to Scotty and they will go from there.

Besides, ALL RACER'S WILL RUN THE SAME TIRES!!!

I personally liked the idea of no one knowing what the tires are until the race, but there's to many problems with that.

And what does the cost matter??? If Scotty pays $20 and sells for $30 or he pays $25 and sells for $35, they will most likely get marked up the same no matter what the cost.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #386
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kraig, thank you for reminding me about some of my own products, SOREX CA must be used.

Billy

www.speedworldraceway.com
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

I am only worrying about making the lottery...There was alot of local drivers who did not make the lottery last year.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If there is anybody out their that wants to be my friend, I can get you in the Reedy Race. I have conections, I'm short on friends,LOL.

Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #389
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
If there is anybody out their that wants to be my friend, I can get you in the Reedy Race. I have conections, I'm short on friends,LOL.

Billy
Your my 2nd dad, does that count?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #390
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:

Billy

Just shade and some AC. How much extra to book that?