R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bill i think you might need some help. Do you ever find yourself sitting outside his window without clothing on? Do you ever ask yourself what would matt do? Do you ever wish you were more like him?
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Default speedworld raceway

hey all: Just looked at pics of the new track and WOW it looks awesome. I realy love the way you used tuperware containers to cover and protect the electrical boxes very ingenious. Good luck to all the racers and crew at the 2008 reedy race and happy easter
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #153
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The track looks beautiful guys!

I can't wait to get up there to do some running!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
hey all: Just looked at pics of the new track and WOW it looks awesome. I realy love the way you used tuperware containers to cover and protect the electrical boxes very ingenious. Good luck to all the racers and crew at the 2008 reedy race and happy easter
Tuperware might be ingenious, but I'd advise you to consider your insurance coverage as I don't think even California's Electrical inspectors would pass an inspection request. And that nice sheet rock screw !!

I love innovation and on face value, this is out there. Never the less, you are a business and do have obligations to make sure your insurance policy is obeyed and part of that is your electrical instalation being compliant with your local electrical inspectors and permitting.

Just 2 cents from the safety dept. Wish I could make time/money to make the trip.

Jacko
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Bill i think you might need some help. Do you ever find yourself sitting outside his window without clothing on? Do you ever ask yourself what would matt do? Do you ever wish you were more like him?
No, not really; but, I wish you were more like him. Already having the talent part handled is 50% of it...

Maybe that new daughter will make that happen...Hearing "Da Da" (melt) did something for me a few years back. Your call.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #156
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Vector View Post
Tuperware might be ingenious, but I'd advise you to consider your insurance coverage as I don't think even California's Electrical inspectors would pass an inspection request. And that nice sheet rock screw !!

I love innovation and on face value, this is out there. Never the less, you are a business and do have obligations to make sure your insurance policy is obeyed and part of that is your electrical instalation being compliant with your local electrical inspectors and permitting.

Just 2 cents from the safety dept. Wish I could make time/money to make the trip.

Jacko
Ditto...LOL

Bill Deras, IFMA Certified Facilities Manager

Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
No, not really; but, I wish you were more like him. Already having the talent part handled is 50% of it...

Maybe that new daughter will make that happen...Hearing "Da Da" (melt) did something for me a few years back. Your call.
SOme of us love A-Yo just the way he is
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #158
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy View Post
SOme of us love A-Yo just the way he is
Said by someone with the handle of HarshGuy...

Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #159
Tech Apprentice

Edited

Last edited by TimPotter; 03-22-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Not a for sale thread
IMTK422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #160
Tech Master

Hello everyone.

All of us involved with the RROC have been working very hard to prepare everything for posting and are almost ready. My hope is to have everything posted this week regarding, Entry form, Rules, Hotel info. and other important information.

The one thing we will not have yet is the tire we will be using. This will not be know for a little while yet, but we will let you know as soon as we know.

I am assuming that we will need to do a lottery again this year. If so we will do it as soon as entries close to ensure everyone has the most time possible to get travel arrangements prepared.

Entry form should be ready this week and we will have it posted online for printout. We will give everyone 2 weeks from the day we post it to send in the entry form to us. Then we will do the lottery draw.

WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY ONLINE ENTRY OR PAY PAL PAYMENTS. YOU NEED TO SEND IN PAYMENT WITH YOUR ENTRY THROUGH THE MAIL.

To any international drivers wishing to attend the RROC. You need to send in your entires right away, but you will be automatically entered into the event.

If you have any questions regarding the RROC. please visit the website reedyrace.com and email us through there.

PLEASE DO NOT PM!!!!!!! PLEASE USE EMAIL.... PLEASE USE EMAIL....
I know maybe some of you did not understand that last statement so let me try it again. Please dont PM me. Please Email. This will work the best for all of our staff.

Billy and the crew did an awsome job with the rebuild of the track and it is going to be an awesome event.

Thanks again for everyones interest in this legendary event. We will have the info up soon.

Happy Easter to everyone.

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #161
Tech Champion

Thanks Scotty.

Happy Easter to you (and Boomer) too.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #162
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
ALL of the table wiring is run to GFI outlets. any hint of a short and the whole table goes down.

after almost 10 years of being open there's never been a single problem with the electrical system to the pits, only the outlets tripping occasionally after rain (hence the tupperware).
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #163
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First race today at the new track all I can say is

ITS THE SMOOTHEST TRACK I BEEN ON OUTDOORS IN 20 YEARS

you could not see a seam or feel one on the track Tire ware was good not harsh at all, I ran 3 rounds on one set and set my fastest time on the 3rd run.

GREAT JOB TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT PUT IN HARD WORK ON THIS TRACK

For us old timers out there if you races at Briggs in Costa Mesa back in the days this track is smoother and twice as big.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #164
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Victor Vector, the Tupperware is only to stop rain going in electrical boxes. We do not need to have covers over them at all for city code. We are GFI complete and those tops are just on to keep the rain off of them in the raining season so they do not rust as easy when not using them. If I or any race tracks had all racers respect the hard work and money us owners put into a race facility, the metal covers would still be on. But, since they all have been broke off by racers and at $486.00 dollars to replace them, they will stay off. And for the guys that have broken them off because of carelessness or stupidity, I wouldn't care if they get shocked, they deserve a little ZAP.

Thanks for looking out and bring up our ingenious ideas.
Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Victor Vector, the Tupperware is only to stop rain going in electrical boxes. We do not need to have covers over them at all for city code. We are GFI complete and those tops are just on to keep the rain off of them in the raining season so they do not rust as easy when not using them. If I or any race tracks had all racers respect the hard work and money us owners put into a race facility, the metal covers would still be on. But, since they all have been broke off by racers and at $486.00 dollars to replace them, they will stay off. And for the guys that have broken them off because of carelessness or stupidity, I wouldn't care if they get shocked, they deserve a little ZAP.

Thanks for looking out and bring up our ingenious ideas.
Billy
Ha Ha, I share the sentiment, I feel the same way for some crews I work around !! I'm just a nut for safety and insurance working hand in hand. Really admire the quality of work I can see in the pix, knowing the effort required to achieve the obvious results. These are all great precursors for a well organized event.

Happy Trails,...........
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote