R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   A Jaco Green (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/209800-jaco-green.html)

Goggles Paesan 03-06-2008 10:08 AM

A Jaco Green

Anybody know where I can buy (A) brand new Jaco Green wheel, I put 1 run on the set I have and broke 1 wheel thus rendering the other 3 useless to me now, and I really don't feel like shelling out another $40 for a new set of 4 right now. So if anyone knows where to buy singles let me know.

Thanks.

Yeti35 03-06-2008 10:10 AM

Pretty much SOL unless you can get the tire and insert off of that wheel and just put it on another wheel.

revolution31 03-06-2008 10:14 AM

good luck finding that...please post if you find a place....

Might as well just buy another 4-pack though and then just have 3 spares...

We had a guy here last weekend do the same thing...broke out the center of the rim on the first run of a brand new set of Jaco rubber pre-mounts...kind of sucks...hopefully Jaco will do something about the rims soon :confused:

Goggles Paesan 03-06-2008 10:20 AM

Well if someone has 1 they are willing to sell PM me (remember I only have 1 run on my set). Thanks for the info.

A. Rhodes 03-06-2008 10:59 AM

Did you try contacting Jaco / Jack? I know in the past they had a warranty on their wheels, and have replaced single SMC cells in the past. Never hurts to try :nod:

SammyZ 03-06-2008 12:11 PM

sal,
jaco greens blow @$$. The tires come unglue'd and the rims crack and break in the center, they are absolute garbage. Use anything BUT Jaco's. As soon as I can get Muchmore 24R's from great planes distributors im making the switch.

Most hong kong hobby shops have them now and there about $20/set.

syndr0me 03-06-2008 12:25 PM

Jack Rimer of Jaco has said they're working on the problem, and will be using their own Prism rims and doing their own gluing. Not sure when.

Of course he also says not everybody is having the problem.

Yeti35 03-06-2008 12:29 PM

Wheels generally crack/break when you slam into stuff. I don't see how you can blame the wheel when you are hitting boards to break it. I have not had a wheel break from just driving.

Victor Vector 03-06-2008 12:35 PM

Using the Xray wheel cone washer really helps spread the load on the hub. I used to explode rims at the same spot until a chap at the track mentioned the washers. Haven't blown one since !!

And it is very true, that you have to hit things in order for the hub/rim to break.

Jacko

syndr0me 03-06-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yeti35 (Post 4236545)
Wheels generally crack/break when you slam into stuff. I don't see how you can blame the wheel when you are hitting boards to break it. I have not had a wheel break from just driving.

EVERYBODY hits boards at some point. These wheels disintegrate with shocking ease, which is far below expectations set by other companies, including Jaco's own Prism wheel.

Jack said he's fixing it. Hopefully very soon. Lets give them a chance, they know there's a problem.

GSPOT 03-06-2008 12:46 PM

jaco blues suck too!

i kept cracking rims and exploding centers out!

smitty2802 03-06-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by GSPOT (Post 4236588)
jaco blues suck too!

i kept cracking rims and exploding centers out!

LOL i bet it's the same rim as the greens...

-DC-

SammyZ 03-06-2008 01:48 PM

lol, i simply pressed on the sidewall of the tire and it just popped off like it was never glue'd. Quality.

RandomFellow 03-06-2008 02:00 PM

You know, it was Jaco foams that made me get out of racing foams tires. Their rims would crack and break just by looking at them the wrong way.

When I went to rubbers, I started with Take-Offs and had a great time with them. This season, I decided to try Jaco greens (what was I thinking???). First evening I raced with them, I cracked a rim. Now I'm back with Take-offs and happy again.

I was telling all this to Josh Cyrul (sponsored by Jaco) and he had a puzzled look on his face like he never heard of Jaco having issues with their rims. I had to remind him that those of us who make a living at things other than RC car racing usually hit boards, and a manufacturer shouldn't be selling a wheel that can't take a hit. But, Jaco always does.

I think its the mindset of theirs that the wheel needs to be as stiff as possible. Stiff plastic is brittle, and snaps. So, if your a perfect driver like Josh, then maybe that's the best thing for you. For the rest of us, there's got to be some give.

Just my two cents...

Goggles Paesan 03-06-2008 02:00 PM

Hey! I never said that I don't hit stuff, I do and often. All I wanted was to buy a new wheel, and I got a PM from Jack and he is dealing with this in a VERY professional manner! Thank you, Jack.

Sal