Wiki Posts
Search

3racing??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 3racing??

I have a tt01 chassis and I am looking at getting the graphite chassis conversion from 3racing http://www.3racing.com.hk/x_descript...ducts_key=9133
has anyone had any 3racing products? are they good or bad? most of their stuff seems a little cheaper than the tamiya hop ups, but I dont know if that is because it is lower quality or what. Anything you know would be great. thanks.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Like any company they have had a few not so good parts...I recall a fan a lot of people were having problems with. But for the most part they make excellent quality parts. I highly reccomend their hop up parts.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

I also reccomend their products, fit and finish is TOP quality! I love all of their products! I haven't used any of their carbon fiber parts but I have sworn by their alloy and it is nothing but the best!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have seen plenty of carbon chassis' getting around & not one of them has had any problems, its the best hop-up for the TT01 you can get!!
Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The question is.. is what your spending to take a TT01 to that chassis worth it?

Or is the money better invested in a better chassis.

You cant run TCS with it? It does not make the car that much more adjustable, turnable. It sure is pretty (I looked)

I guess if your bashing.. and you want something no one else has.. then there ya go.. its the bling for TT01s.

James
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the input guys. I will probably get myself a new chassis, only waiting for someone to pay for their ebay stuff. I have heard that you should put super glue or something on the edges of carbon fiber and graphite to stop it from fraying. Is this true? Also, I have heard there might be an interference problem if you run the receiver antenna wire on carbon fiber, Also true?
And what is TCS that Bikerbob Is talking about? I have never heard of it thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

TCS is the Tamiya race series.

I had a 3racing chassis for my TC4 and thought it was ok. It looked really cool. Quality of the parts was ok.

I don't think it will make your car perform much better though. If I was you, I'd probably save the money until you're ready to upgrade to a new car altogether. The TA05R is supposed to be very good and you can get them for about $200
Old 03-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Their parent company is actually an Aerospace company...so you know they have the high end machinery to make top quality parts.

Dave you must have got a bad batch or something. I've worked a lot with their graphite and machined aluminum parts. The quality of the cut and the tight layering of their graphite is as good as any top brand and better then some.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

After reading everything you guys have said I went ahead and bought the chassis last night. since I am just bashing/drifting with the car TCS legal isnt a high priority. I have no idea how long shipping will be but hopefully soon I will have the sweetest tt01 in town.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Dave you must have got a bad batch or something.

I said I thought the quality of the parts was ok.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

I have the very same chassis conversion, but for my ta05.

It is very well made, nice to look at and a steal for the price, but as already said it probably wont make your car much faster... but it should shave some weight off
Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i also had the v1 ta05 chassis and now the version two and it is awsome it actualy makes it faster
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the very same chassis conversion, but for my ta05.

It is very well made, nice to look at and a steal for the price, but as already said it probably wont make your car much faster... but it should shave some weight off
I am a little addicted to making my cars lighter... usually with the dremel, its cheeper that way
How is the durability? I dont expect to be ramming walls as fast as possible but will it take some abuse?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsnow2
I am a little addicted to making my cars lighter... usually with the dremel, its cheeper that way
How is the durability? I dont expect to be ramming walls as fast as possible but will it take some abuse?
Yes it takes abuse. I have the version 1 chassis and it took a curb full speed head on (19 Turn). The only thing I bent was the motor mount (that was to be expected I destroyed the motor as well). Everything else was fine. So board taps and other cars shouldn't hurt it.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daveaustin5

I said I thought the quality of the parts was ok.
It's just most people would consider the quality better then just ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.