Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xxx-s Sport Rtr  Vs Ta04-r >

Xxx-s Sport Rtr Vs Ta04-r

Xxx-s Sport Rtr Vs Ta04-r

Old 07-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xxx-s Sport Rtr Vs Ta04-r

I am looking at getting a new car and i have herd that both these cars are very good and i can get parts fairly easierly around my area but it all comes down to performance the good thing about the losi is that u get everything in the kit and i have herd about the ta04-r that it is a very competitive car but i would like to hear from you guys.( and if you no of any more good cars which dont cost lioke over 500$$ could you post about them )

thanks Matt
Old 07-04-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

He means $500 Aussie dollars. The TA04R is a very race worthy car and you can pick your own electronics.

The XXXS RTR is an ok setup but the esc has it's limitations (no reverse lockout), the motor isn't legal for stock racing but if your club isn't strict they might not care and the tyres suck if you intend to race. However the radio is perfect for someone starting racing, the XR2 is good radio and you shouldn't need to upgrade it for quite a while.

I would say go for the tamiya TA04R, pic good electronics and you'll get to build you car so you know how to fix it when it breaks. If you don't want to build the XXXS RTR is probably the best ETC RTR package out there.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 07-05-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

how much would it cost all up to buy the car electrics and radio?? (AU) because i am moving out of novice and need a more competitive car and a car to get parts easierly for.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry I don't know, your best bet is to either ask in the aussie forum or talk to the people who race at your local club and ask around for different opinions. If your moving up you can just use your existing radio gear.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

handling... XXX's hands down...

i'd also suggest the R2 or MR4TC SD... (i really wouldn't recommend the TA04, performance wise...)
Old 07-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Beg to differ there Highwayman!!! The TA04R is a very nice handling chassis as compared to a XXX sport. BUT.....if you're comparing to the Cuda or Yoke.........thats not a fair comparison. If you're planning on stepping up to a top of the line chassis than YES...look into the Tamiya Evo3, Yokomo SD or the Barracuda R2. If you're looking for a sport racing chassis then I most definitely would recommend the TA04R over the Losi sport !!! The 04R is a great chassis with alot of hopups available AND it's got excellent strength and quality of parts.
You only have to decide what level of car you want and how much you want to invest. Good Luck
Old 07-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

point taken EVORACER... thanks...
Old 07-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Xxx-s Sport Rtr Vs Ta04-r

Originally posted by Matt04
I am looking at getting a new car and i have herd that both these cars are very good and i can get parts fairly easierly around my area but it all comes down to performance the good thing about the losi is that u get everything in the kit and i have herd about the ta04-r that it is a very competitive car but i would like to hear from you guys.( and if you no of any more good cars which dont cost lioke over 500$$ could you post about them )

thanks Matt
I would highly recommend the TA04R., especially the value for money 2002 Raybrig NSX kit which includes body, wheels and tyres etc.
Another good option for similar money is the Xray T1R. Both kits are available from http://www.hobbymania.com.hk

This is a very good store in Hong Kong where you can buy either kit for around $340Australian Shipped to your door. I use hobbymania a lot and get fantastic service from the owner Andy Lam. I highly recommend him.

Good Luck

Steevo

By the way I have the T1R and the TA04R and the Xray is my choice of the two but the TA04R kit can be very competitive..
Old 07-05-2003, 11:06 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

I like my TA04R a lot....its a very easy car to drive. It's somewhat a myth about it not being competative against Xrays, Yoks, Baracudas etc. Simply that most people who run the TA04R (only) are not so experienced in setting up cars. In the right hands this car is very good!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

does the T1R only take saddle packs ?? can you buy s chassie that can take both??
Old 07-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The T1R is saddle only. The T1 Evo2 offers an optional stick pack brace.
If you're considering the high level cars....take a look at the 414m2 also. That chassis will also accept stick packs.
Personally....I think you were on the right track with the TA04R or TA04-TRF. The TRF has a couple of additional adjustments available and it comes in the SSG chassis material. VERY COOL !!
But the T1R is an excellent choice in the same price range(at least in the U.S.).
Old 07-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

does the T1R only take saddle packs ?? can you buy s chassie that can take both??
Yes you can use The Xray EVO 2 chassis which will fit the T1R but it is a little expensive.

Hobbymania does sell the Evo 2 chassis or you could try Ebay.

Personally I think the T1R handles better with the original chassis so if you can, stick with it...

Steevo
Old 07-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

so what would you think the best car overall would be out of the losi xxx-s sprint and the Xray-T1R and the TA04 becasue i can keep my radio gear and electrics for the xray and the tamiya ??
Old 07-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

so what would you think the best car overall would be out of the losi xxx-s sprint and the Xray-T1R and the TA04 becasue i can keep my radio gear and electrics for the xray and the tamiya ??
Personally from experience I prefer the T1R to the TA04R. I have never had a Losi but a couple of people I know who have the basic XXX-S seem to be always breaking parts on them.

I have found that my T1R performs better than my TA04R. The handling just seems to be better overall and the drivetrain is a fair bit smoother. The Xray's parts finish and quality of materials used is definately better than the TA04R.

Having said this I still love the TA04R and as a package it is a great car which is capable of mixing it with the best.

I think that the Xray is just that bit better in every area and if I was to get another car and the choice was the TA04R and the Xray T1R then the Xray would be my choice for sure.

Good Luck
Steevo
Old 07-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

do you know if you can get xray parts in sydney???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.