R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default GM 12V Speed Control

As much informaton on this speed control as you can give me for better performance would be appreciated
Old 07-04-2003, 12:27 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

To get the best performance just us the default settings for the speedy, and adjust the tourqe limiter according to your class which is shown in the manual. Apart from that its only how you like it with regards to minimal and maximum brake. I leave the frequency standard as do i the turbo, but if your looking for ultimate punch set the Turbo to 0.27 seconds. But 1 thing that i have never tried is the Quick Start Cirquitry, it sounds like a good idea so you might want to try it next final !!
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 12:34 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Default Re: GM 12V Speed Control

Quote:
Originally posted by OHBRAD
As much informaton on this speed control as you can give me for better performance would be appreciated
I think it has been good to me. I have had mine for about 2 years got the XC and like it. The only tricky thing to understand is how to get the settings input. The translation of the directions could have been better. I think in the time I have had it I probably would have fried 3 cyclones by now.

For such a small package I have been happy with it.

Coop
gcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:37 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default 12v speed control

yes thats my point i have been using just the basic settings up till now, but i am not sure what to do with it to make it better, i don't understand this 27's, can you explain further please.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a buddy that has one and he seems to like it. From what I can tell it's really easy to adjust. I think he sets it to the punchiest setting for stock, middle for 19T, and to be super smooth for mod.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

you can change the speed of the turbo. standard it takes 0.55 seconds to apply full power. using the set button and the instructions you can altar this delay, to 0.27 seconds. Thus punchier.
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote