R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Default Some insights on the GP3300

Some GP3300 have gone as much as 4120.. It really depends. Not to damage the bigger matchers, but most of big boyz withholds the higher capacities cells for your team drivers since the team guys mostly run mod.

If you're getting anywhere between 3500 to 3800 on your GP and the voltage is good, then those are the nicer cells. The newest batch I've tested average around 3500 only but the voltage is extremely high without even being zapped or processed. Runtime should be around 385 to 410 seconds.

Commercial zappers are somewhere between 180v to 260v depending on the capacitors. The ones our engineers have built can read the cells via a computer interface and fire a collective zap depending on the cell's internal structure so it doesn't kill it with over-zapping. The voltage is fully adjustable by the the core system itself but cost me an arm. Some people believe shorting the cells will help, but we've (my GP engineer and myself) that shorting will lower it's life expectancy. Best method is to diagnose and know what the maximum voltage the cells will take and fire the highest possible voltage into the cells after analyzing it's potentials.

Cells should be chaged at 5~6 amps and peak at .05 if you're indoors and .03 when you're outdoors. Do not place the charging cellls on a fan or have direct air blowing at it as it will allow the peak detection to false peak because the exterior is cooler then what it should be. This will most likely over-charge the cells and damage them in the long run.

After the cells have been discharged, you can safely place them on the fan but its best to let them cool down by itself since the outside might feel cooled, but the interior is still warm. Once you charge it this way, it'll hurt the cells internally.

We've thoroughly tested these Gp3300 and have charge them as high as 8 amps without any ill effect but it is not suggested if you want to keep them longer. Only do this if you want the optimum voltage during a main. If you're fortunate enough to own the new CE Turbo 35 GFX, then charge it at 5 amps and within the last couple of minutes during peaking, manually crank up the ampage to 7 or 8 amps and you should see a voltage increase which will launch you faster during your main in the beginning. This will not effect the performance or lifespan of your GP3300.

These cells should be run hot so time your charge once you know what your average capacities are. These cells can be cycled as much as 4 times per day with a rest of 2 hours inbetween. The charge temp should be around 135~ 145 and anything higher, then it's overcharged.

As for the original starting thread, to revive your old cells, it is best done by someone who has the right equipment. 1. you must unsolder all the battery bars and suck as much solder off the cells. This is very easy to do with a solder suction device aka "solder sucker". No pun., 2. place the cells on a tray and discharge it down until the bulbs goes out. 3. Zap it depending on the time it's been cycled. i.e. older cells less voltage, newer cells higher voltage, depeding on the cell conditions or else you'll kill the cell. Once the cells have been zapped, let it rest for a day. Charge it back half -ways and discharge them again. Put it back on the tray for another day. 4. on the third day, equalize them and solder the pack together, once done, charge it back up like you when they were a brand new pack. Most times, it will not false peak, but if they do, let it rest a couple of hours and charge again. You will definately see the difference in performance if you did it right.

Look for "Fukuyama Racing Cells" in the near future as we're in the process to launch our Super Cells next month. Its currently being distributed in Asia only and have really proven to "out-punch the competition!".

Happy Racing!

Jimmy Fukuyama
Fukuyama Racing Cells
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Jimmy,

Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected].

Thanks,
Rob Love
Old 07-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
Jimmy,

Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected].

Thanks,
Rob Love
You got mail.

Jimmy
Old 07-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng
Default Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Some GP3300 have gone as much as 4120.. It really depends. Not to damage the bigger matchers, but most of big boyz withholds the higher capacities cells for your team drivers since the team guys mostly run mod.

If you're getting anywhere between 3500 to 3800 on your GP and the voltage is good, then those are the nicer cells. The newest batch I've tested average around 3500 only but the voltage is extremely high without even being zapped or processed. Runtime should be around 385 to 410 seconds.

etc. etc. etc.
thanx a bunch

i charged my sanyo 3300's at 1.7 amps because my power supply blew a fuse.

i think i got up to 6400 <(not sure bout the last 2 numbers)
how are you gonna explain that lol
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #20

Quote:

etc. etc. etc.
thanx a bunch

Old 07-06-2003, 10:31 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Ng
thanx a bunch

Errrr...I think you should change you fuse in your power supply to start. LOL

What I suspect is the current is not stable so you're getting a false reading. To be very honest, I would definately suggest you ditch the Sanyo 3300s and get Gp3300. You'll see a big difference not only in the performance but also in the maintenence. Good luck.

Jimmy
Old 07-06-2003, 10:42 PM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Calvin Ng - LMAO I had the same thing happen with my TX batt's, I had them charging on a very low amperage and my 1500 AA's reached over 4000mah(or so it said ). If you have the peak detection set too high and a low amp charge they can just keep charging and charging.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 12:26 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:

Look for "Fukuyama Racing Cells" in the near future as we're in the process to launch our Super Cells next month. Its currently being distributed in Asia only and have really proven to "out-punch the competition!".

Happy Racing!

Jimmy Fukuyama
Fukuyama Racing Cells
Might I ask were in Asia you are selling "These Super Cells"

If there in Japan that would be even better.

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 12:41 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

Guys,
i dont think it matters what goes into the packs, it could say 3300-4050 on the screen, but what actually matters is what comes out. i get about 3800-4100mah charge on my GPs ( indi 16x5v6 charger at 6 amps (3mv/cell)) but when i discharge them, they only crank out 3200-3400 mah actual capacity. The mah when charging varies depending on the IR, leftover charge in the cells, storage time, etc.
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #25

yeah lol thanx you guyz

i have 4 packs of gp's 2 packs of sanyo's and 2 packs of 2400's

gp's kick butt sanyo's just last longer but not alot of punch alot
Old 07-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Might I ask were in Asia you are selling "These Super Cells"

If there in Japan that would be even better.

-Dave
Currently shipping to a couple of shops in Osaka, Seoul Korea, Hong Kong, and Thailand. Still looking for a distributor willing to stock up and distribute my cells. Got any leads?

Jimmy
Old 07-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Currently shipping to a couple of shops in Osaka, Seoul Korea, Hong Kong, and Thailand. Still looking for a distributor willing to stock up and distribute my cells. Got any leads?

Jimmy
My Local track up here in Yokohma just lives and breaths SMC..if you have a Few Packs that I could get from you to try out to prove themselfs..that would be great.... I would pay $ for the packs too... to test them out...

PM me for more info please

-Dave
Old 07-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
My Local track up here in Yokohma just lives and breaths SMC..if you have a Few Packs that I could get from you to try out to prove themselfs..that would be great.... I would pay $ for the packs too... to test them out...

PM me for more info please

-Dave
Hi JDM,

I'll have to PM you because for Japan, there's something even better in the works.

Jimmy
Old 07-08-2003, 09:49 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some insights on the GP3300

Quote:
Hi JDM,

I'll have to PM you because for Japan, there's something even better in the works.

Jimmy
Look forward to it Jimmy..

-Dave
Old 07-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Jimmy shoot me and email [email protected]

Thanks,

Sherman
milf is offline   Reply With Quote