Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for preparing a track with sugar water

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RFrancis
Just another thing, here in Portugal, I don’t know any grape soda…
We do have orange, pineapple, peach and other fruits sodas, but grape… I don’t know…
Will Coke or 7up do the same effect?

Thanks
In Carrefour supermarket, you can find POSTOBON, a grape soda, made in colombia.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Washed sufaces:

When you wash the surface then layout your track you shouldn't have any problems with what solution you spray. Whether it is grape soda, grape snowcone syrup, pancake syrup and water, or sugar water. They all give you good results as long as you don't over spray. Grape is the preferance by most because it has more sugar. Others have tried root beer and orange soda also.

Vaccuumed/Blown surfaces:

When you vacuum or blow off a surface it is harder to get the perfect results every time. That's why it is better to wash a surface but harder work. I see noone mentioned the quick fix for dusty sections of a track. When you have a track that hasn't been washed you can spray a mist of WD40. Yes the same WD40 used as a lubricant. In sections where the tracks is dusty, spray abit of WD40 to help settle the dust deeper into the asphalt. It is easier than trying to remove it without washing. Then you can spray your traction mixture on the rest of the track.

What ever method you use make sure you allow enough drying time before cars run on the track. Racers tend to put their cars on the track before it dries and that makes it worse for everyone. It removes the spray from the ground and is picked up by the tires.

Good luck and I hope this helps you with your goal.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

My local club is going to be preparing a oval with a smooth finished concrete surface like this, what type of tires would work on somthing like this?