Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by We Are Ninja
...I'm looking for an aluminum battery brace and aluminum steering knuckles specifically...
i think i have an almost new black anodized aluminum battery brace, ill check among my stuff what's your location? i'm from the Philippines and shipping/handling may cost more than the actual item
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I apologize profusely for bumping such an old thread, but does anyone know of anywhere (besides eBay) that may still have hop-ups for this car?

I'm looking for an aluminum battery brace and aluminum steering knuckles specifically...
You might be able to dig up some stuff on Tower Hobbies site, and oddly enough you might be able to find some parts at Stormer Hobbies. I found some hard to get Pro 2 parts there.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kregger
You might be able to dig up some stuff on Tower Hobbies site, and oddly enough you might be able to find some parts at Stormer Hobbies. I found some hard to get Pro 2 parts there.
check 3racing or rc mushroom
Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Bought a RS4 Pro3 a couple of weeks ago.

I realise it's an old car now, but i have to say i really enjoy driving it.
For my limited skills and just faffing about it's excellent.

It has a LRP GT1 motor installed and a No Limit Esc, tried few different gear ratios (came with spares for the spare parts ) but i'm a little bit bored with it's speed now.

Plan on a Brushless upgrade after the summer.
The Ezrun 60z Esc with the 8.5t motor is looking the favourite right now.

I'll post some pics up if anyones interested?

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the links, all. I'll definitely check those sites out.

@marvi: You may be right, I'm in the US...

@gixer: Post pics!
Old 07-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

@gixer: Post pics!
If ya find any decent sites with stocks of parts/hop up's please gives us a heads up.

Won't let me post any pics, says not enough posts
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i just unretired my pro 3...i bought hpi's carbon fiber molded tub and i had team prp make me their discontinued upper deck...had to get 2 made to keep the price down since they were one offs....anybody looking for a upper deck...doesn't come with screws or spacers
Attached Thumbnails pro3-dsc00991.jpg   pro3-dsc00992.jpg   pro3-dsc00993.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

^ Those upper decks are HARD to come by...

Originally Posted by gixer
If ya find any decent sites with stocks of parts/hop up's please gives us a heads up.

Won't let me post any pics, says not enough posts
Stormer and Tower both have a handful of stock parts in stock. RC Mart has purple aluminum c-hubs.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thefnshow
i just unretired my pro 3...i bought hpi's carbon fiber molded tub and i had team prp make me their discontinued upper deck...had to get 2 made to keep the price down since they were one offs....anybody looking for a upper deck...doesn't come with screws or spacers
That looks absolutely fantastic.

Does the upper deck make much of a difference when driving?
How do you get the battery out, do you need to remove the entire upper deck?

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

^ Those upper decks are HARD to come by...

Stormer and Tower both have a handful of stock parts in stock. RC Mart has purple aluminum c-hubs.
Found a few bits on the Stormer and Tower sites, couldn't find the C-hubs on rc Mart though

Problem i've found with searching for RS4 Pro3 parts is there's a few RS4's in the HPI range and a few RS4 pro's.

Plus if the parts are listed as pro3 all is good, if on the other hand they are listed as pro 3, this doesn't meet most sites search criteria.

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i haven't really driven it, but it does really help stiffen the car up...plus it looks purty along with the carbon tub..to get the battery out just remove the pin ,take the strap out and pull the battery out...it's got a big open space to remove the battery unlike the hpi one
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thefnshow
i haven't really driven it, but it does really help stiffen the car up...plus it looks purty along with the carbon tub..to get the battery out just remove the pin ,take the strap out and pull the battery out...it's got a big open space to remove the battery unlike the hpi one

Fantastic.

What's the damage, how much?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Interested to know if any of you run this with a lipo battery. I would think it to be a great car for a lipo setup as you don't have to worry about weight distribution.

My only question is do the standard lipo batteries work without modifications to the chassis, etc. I am especially concerned with the wires interfering in the area around the spur gear and lay shaft. I still currently race this car but haven't yet switched to lipo batteries and I have to get everything by mail order. Don't want to order one and find that it doesn't fit or that the wiring configuration won't work.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by calvin
Interested to know if any of you run this with a lipo battery. I would think it to be a great car for a lipo setup as you don't have to worry about weight distribution.

My only question is do the standard lipo batteries work without modifications to the chassis, etc. I am especially concerned with the wires interfering in the area around the spur gear and lay shaft. I still currently race this car but haven't yet switched to lipo batteries and I have to get everything by mail order. Don't want to order one and find that it doesn't fit or that the wiring configuration won't work.
No experience with LiPo's yet Calvin.

BUT

I bough some Vapextech stick packs so i could use the same batteries in the Pro3 and the M04M.
It's a bloody tight fit with them.

In the end i needed to cut some of the packaging off the battery to enable me to guide the wires up out the top of the pack.

Just this morning i found a company selling a alloy front battery clamp mount, this one looks to be a little thinner than the plastic HPI jobby so should give more room.

Saying all that i believe LiPo's are smaller than the equivalent NiMh's so you shouldn't have the same problem.

I'm pretty much out in the sticks here.
But i'd say visit your local RC club and just borrow someones LiPo to try first before buying.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

We raced PRO3s since around 2001. Still have three in various stages of "trick" but I race an almost bone stock one which is the perfect car for me since my driving skill level is definitely questionable. That being said for the last race of the season when the team driver was home from college, after I raced the car in stock class we strapped in a brushed 10 turn I had in my pit box and she totally destroyed the competition in mod class after not wheeling a car for almost exactly a year.

I'm surprised that you're having trouble with a stick pack as the car was designed to use either stick packs or side by sides. Maybe the new ones are a tad longer. I assume that you know that when using a stick pack you turn the battery brace flat side down. Use the ridged side down when using side by sides. Also if you are using the plastic parts, there was a little blade on the left rear battery brace that needed to be cut off if the battery was a little too long. It had to be cut off if using side by sides.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.