Quote:
Originally posted by Usagi
Have fun Lem2
I will Mr. Usagi!!!!!!!! I will!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:18 PM   #782
Tech Apprentice

Guys, with the Pro 2 I could get as much acceleration as I needed. With the 3 I am struggling to get the thing to move as needed. I can't really judge the car as I can't run fast enough on my track. The handling isn't bad from what I have noticed. Not a bad car box-stock that is. This is the stock class and I've been racing for over 4 years. Curious to what people are runnng. I'm running a 106/37 or 38 combo which seemed fine. Any suggestions....P2k or Orion class stock motor.
HPI 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #783
Tech Regular

HPI1, how is your top speed on the longest straight and how big is the track?

If your motor is not topping out on the straight, try moving down to the 36 pinion with the 106 spur. Or bump up to a 110 spur.

If you have a lap timer, or know someone who does, see if you can use it for several laps, then adjust your gearing and take several more laps. Try to find out what gearing gives you the fastesr lap times and then try it out for a qualifier and see how it goes for the full 5 mins.

Lem, I am VERY happy you like our Pro 3 top deck, thanks for the support!

Also, for those who may be interested. We are looking to sponsor a few talented drivers that would like to run our Pro 3 products. Find out more by visiting our site!

And lastly, our Pro 3 chassis will be out soon and is available for pre order now.

Best regards,
Ben
Team PRP
http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #784
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for comments TeamPRP, I have tried all of the combo's which leaves me to believe, it got to be the motor itself.

Hara took the NORRCA title this past week (way to go). I have seen a number of comments in the past that people say his car isn't a PRO 3 with all of the hop ups and such. Well, the Team TC3 is loaded with hopups and the Yokomos are hopped out. Basically any car on the circut either was bought with hop ups included or you had buy them. As long as the drivetrain hasn't changed, then the car is the same car in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:39 AM   #785
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HPI-1: looks like theres no getting around it, its just time to grab a new stocker!

I've seen your car run and its not the car. You have it running as well as your Pro2. All you need now is a little more power and then you can show what that Pro3 can do.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:17 AM   #786
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Darkseid, not my car. Now you do have that Mission on a rope. At the Saturday track, if you just had a little more power/speed you are right with the leader. At KC, it's up for grabs with you all. Now I could put the Pro 2 in the A-mains. This Pro 3 is taking more time than exspected. I got the 23 laps Saturday night so I am bumping up the lap count. You all are at 24-25. The motor may make the difference or it may be my driving. Nahh, 24-25 laps is all about the motor.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:29 PM   #787
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HPI-1: I think the only thing keeping you from being in the A-Main is the motor power. Grab yourself one of those Hellfires or Core stockers and you'll be back in the A-main where you belong.

I know you could put that Pro2 in the A-main, but man, I told you all those guys had gotten a lot faster this year. I think even that Pro2 would have needed a little more power to make it to the A-Main.

Man, I don't care how much power I add, nobody is going to catch Porter! That dude is just too fast. Every time anyone even gets on the same lap as him, he comes back the next week even faster than before. I'm just happy I could make a few passes on Lowrance. That made the racing worth while.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:02 PM   #788
Tech Addict

Hi
does anyone have any pics of the winners car for the Norca nats? Mostly hara and kinwalds

Thanks,
Drew
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:44 PM   #789
Tech Rookie

Lem2 : Saan mo tinatakbo ang Pro 3 mo dito sa Manila? From your previous posts in other forums, I figure you also run in Max Speed but that's Tamiya exclusive. I'd really like to see your Pro 3 in action with all the hop-ups you've added. I also have one, box-stock generally, and it would be great to meet up with others here who agree that it is a very good car.
plhracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #790
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default plhracer!!!!

Hi!!!! SOrry to dissapoint you sir, but I am just a novice driver, its only now that I am beginning to tame my Pro3, I know it took a while for me to get accustomed to it (bec.of hop ups this hop ups that!!, and few track time)) now after spending a lot on parts!!!!!!

I was able to get the hang of the pro3 by removing the un-necessary hop ups i got for the car!!!! (whatta waste of money!!)

i will be in Capitol (if weather permits, or Pearl tracks)

Actually here in Manila, Pro3 users are a vanishing breed (all of them are turning to other brands)

I decided to stick with the car, because it ws a commited step when I started buying upgrades for it!!!

will be gald to show you my car!! (my suggetion: go to mang some of his parts for pro3 are on super sale!!!; buy the PRP upper deck)

If only the PRP upper deck came out sooner maybe I would not have spend a lot for hop ups that later i removed!!! hehehehe

Peace to all Men!!!

Lem

text me 0917-8384618
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #791
Tech Apprentice

Guys, if you haven't seen the new woven graphite chassis for the Pro 3 then go to the HPIRacing site. It looks sweet from the small picture they gave us to see. Click on this link and scroll down.

www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

Go to the forum and then to NORRCA Nationals and scroll down. The Chassis will be there.

Last edited by HPI 1; 06-13-2002 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:20 PM   #792
Tech Apprentice

HPI racers must be on the HPI site.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:51 PM   #793
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

Can`t believe HPI has the balls to try to sell the over priced Hara piece of junk if there is enought willing to give up part of their rent money! Over there it is getting very sad with the way they are taking advantage of the loyal buyers.
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #794
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Usagi
Can`t believe HPI has the balls to try to sell the over priced Hara piece of junk if there is enought willing to give up part of their rent money! Over there it is getting very sad with the way they are taking advantage of the loyal buyers.
that is why i buy parts from hong kong and japan
much cheaper and i dont have to wait 3 to 6 mos or longer
for hpi to get a part here in the states. it is a bit silly
the prices for hpi stuff here in the states.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #795
Tech Regular

Unhappy

I can`t see HPI lasting too much longer with their "sell everthing understand the sun" relating to r/c planes, 1/18, 1/8 etc. The quility has dropped so bad that most old time hpi people don`t even look at hpi products anymore... Can you say "Yokomo". Its really a sad site out here these days..... Bring back the pro2!!!!!!!!
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote