Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

The prototype car has been talked about before on this thread - HPI say no decision's been made on producing it - since it failed to win the worlds or the Reedy Race (although it did win the worlds warm-up), I think the pressure on HPI to produce it quickly will have gone down.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sure is a nice ride...
Old 05-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hara was frickin amazing with the "pro4" at the Reedy race! In each of his qualifiers he either won or was leading or had just taken the lead when his car would have to be pulled off from what looked to be driveline problems. I saw the great potential in this car.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

I thinks HPI still is going to go with it and test more. A little problem and not winning the worlds will not stop them. #rd place out of the best in the world is really good for a test car. And scince its a test car it will have problems
I hope they put it out soon and fix the problems ahead of time, not like the pro 3 where everyone was complaning about a great car and gave hpi a sourta bad name.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Rumors from the Reedy Race has it that HPI will produce a limited number of the "Pro 4", Hara World's On-Road car. It will be a limited production and unfortunately rather expensive, some where between $500 and $1,000 dollars U.S.

The most cost effective way to have the same car is to just go out and buy your own Associated TC3.

Hara may have done better at the Reedy Race but I guess he kept braking the plastic outdrives.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hara's proto type from the Reedy race kept breaking the diff screw due to it being locked down. Thad didn't have his screw as tight as Hara did and his never broke and his car was on rails. HPI will have to come way down on that price if they ever hope to sell that car. They already screwed people with the pro 3. That car shouldn't cost that much even with the graphite and aluminum parts.....the Xpress has the same amount of graphite and aluminum and it sold for $220

rmac- You wouldn't get the same car if you bought a TC3 because Hara said that HPI took care of the torque steer and the chassis tweak. It's a real good car because (Not knocking Thad) at the last two races I've been to Thad couldn't keep up with me (I'm just a regular Joe) but now that he has put the pro 3 down and has been testing with this new car I can't keep up with him. Too most it's just a TC3 but there are problems with the TC3 that needs to be taken care of and it looks like HPI took care of them in their own way.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Really? $500 to $1000- I would have to agree that that is too much. The Alex Baracuda (extremely similar) goes for $330 but of coarse it doesn't have the 'Hara' endorsement. The Pro4 bulkheads are pretty refined works of art though.
Too bad about the diff screw- word from the pits was some had the screws so tight they went ahead and took the front diff balls out and glued the diff together along with the diff screw! You would think your car would push but i was told it actually gave you more steering. The last manufacturer to produce front planetary diffs will be a rotten egg...
Old 05-28-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

The Baracuda, is doing better then the hpis here in japan hara or no hara version.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hara Pro4 - Reedy Race

The front axles may have been glued on some cars while others went with a manufactured solid axle.

As to the Pro 4 it will be expensive because like Hara's car most of the parts will be purchased from Associated.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rmac
Rumors from the Reedy Race has it that HPI will produce a limited number of the "Pro 4", Hara World's On-Road car. It will be a limited production and unfortunately rather expensive, some where between $500 and $1,000 dollars U.S.
?

Wow, this is new info for me.

Rumors will be rumors.

Originally posted by rmac
The front axles may have been glued on some cars while others went with a manufactured solid axle.

As to the Pro 4 it will be expensive because like Hara's car most of the parts will be purchased from Associated.
More rumors and misinformation. Who did you hear this from? Try "front diffs filled with Shoe Goo and JB Weld". You apparently didn't see the car up close, or at least your informants didn't.

Last edited by Frank McKinney; 05-29-2002 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

coz in other post.. someone said since no front oneway is allowed.. the racer tighten their front diff or even lock them to get better acceleration out the corner?

I think that's where the rumor is from...

too bad Hara is not running with the PRO3 anymore
Old 05-29-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

If hpi is crazy to sell a Hara pro4 for about $500.00 too $1000.00 who in the hell is going to buy it. Alot of people are scaried of hpi these days because of the pro3. What gives them the idea people will be willing to pay that much?????? Its bad enough that hpi is going to sell a hara pro3 with tons of metal crap on it for 58,000 yen! wow how the mighty have fallen
Old 05-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Actually.. i wish HPI can follow what Tamiya does..
divide their belt car and shaft car series..
as TA04 vs TB01..
HPI can keep producing PRO3 (that many ppl likes them)
while producing PRO4 (or whatever they call.. PRO S(haft)4)
Old 05-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Gesh.........i hope they get the act togther soon
Old 05-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Usagi
If hpi is crazy to sell a Hara pro4 for about $500.00 too $1000.00 who in the hell is going to buy it. Alot of people are scaried of hpi these days because of the pro3. What gives them the idea people will be willing to pay that much?????? Its bad enough that hpi is going to sell a hara pro3 with tons of metal crap on it for 58,000 yen! wow how the mighty have fallen
Easy there killer! Reread Franks post- did you miss the part where he disspelled that rumor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.