R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #511
Tech Regular

This was posted on the HPI forum and it asnwers some questions I've received here as well.

--

. . . it is much more stiff than both HB decks, we've track tested it along with the "flex test" by hand. We wouldn't sell it if it didn't add enough rigidity to the car. It worked out extremely well. I think you would be quite surprised by it.

. . . My digital camera is on the "blink" so I just had to scan the test car in with a flatbed scanner for this picture. We'll have better pictures ready next week. But everyone at the track when we were testing it really liked the way it looked on the car. Very clean and nice angles. And when you add the castor braces they flow well with the design.

In this picture, we have it bolted with 5 screws:

You can also bolt it right down on top of the steering post brace without the use of spacers. We will be including the instructions on line and will update the site with the link in the drop down menu.

Pro1, Thanks! We thought about making the bracing hardware available through TeamPRP, but it would cost us a significant amount of money and you should already have all the parts needed. All you need for each side are 2 ball studs, a hex nut, part A451-2(the servo mount that comes with A451 suspencions arms) 2 ball cups and about a 1.75" turnbuckle. And you can always add your own way to attach it to the hub carrier. You can view the instructions here: http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp/instructions.html

For those interested, we are also going to make a chassis, probably a limited run just for the guys that pre order it, but we'll have the info on our site.

Thanks a lot guys!
TeamPRP

http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp/pro3.html
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:40 AM   #512
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

awesome ill have to check it out. i was just going to get an aluminum rear motor brace from rcmodel, but now that one of those exists ill probably try one of those.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:00 PM   #513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Very nice. Ordering one now!

Thanks for the pic,
Rob Love
Old 04-12-2002, 12:14 PM   #514
Tech Regular

Thanks RBlove, I know you'll like it! Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or comments. All the hardware we need should be in next week and we'll get them packaged up. The first run is limited, so please order now to be sure you get one right away. Otherwise you'll have to wait until we do a second run.

Do you guys think we should make a rear brace as well, or are you more intersted in the aluminum HPI rear brace? I really like the aluminum one myself. But we could make a graphite one to go with our top deck. We have also considered doing a full length deck, but that rear aluminum brace from HPI is so nice

What do you think? Send us an email.

- Ben Prenevost, Team PRP
http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp
Old 04-12-2002, 12:26 PM   #515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Personally I think the full length brace would be the way to go. Less parts = less issues. Aluminum is nice, but nothing beats the look of carbon fiber. Nice stuff and durable!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:32 PM   #516
Tech Master

i love your top deck but i will probaly either go with a full length top deck or the hpi aluminum rear brace, i already have a top deck but i may try yours also
Old 04-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #517
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The camber brace setup maynot work with the new 3 and 4 deg. C-blocks? You may have to purchase the camber links from the Express car. I would like to see a full length upperdeck.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:48 PM   #518
Tech Regular

We tested our deck and HPI rear brace combo against the HB deck and HPI rear brace combo and our deck was stiffer, allowed us to pop the battery out in seconds, and the car felt more consistent on the carpet indoor track we tested on, I think the castor braces really helped that too. I'm an avid racer myself, and to be totally honest, I was so happy with how well it worked. Just being able to take the battery out quickly was a big benefit.

I'm sorry guys, I don't want to take up too much board space trying to sell something. But I know all of us that race with the Pro 3 are going to like this deck. I would recommend it just as highly if another company made it like I do the HPI rear brace. It looks great, is a good design and works perfectly in conjunction with top decks.

Good racing!
Team PRP
Old 04-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #519
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
The camber brace setup maynot work with the new 3 and 4 deg. C-blocks?
That's correct. We haven't had the new C-blocks yet, but I'm sure it's not too difficult to come up with a link. That's why we included 2 mounting holes on the deck, in case people want to get creative with their castor bracing because it really does help.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Team PRP

Do you do any custom cnc ? I work with cad so I can send you a dwg file for estimates.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #521
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MiSFitSLvR

do you guys know anything about milling out your chassis? i saw a guy on the hpi forum who did it. it seems like it would lighten it up prety good but wouldnt it give you more flex? if it doesnt i will try it i think. a replacement chassis in graphite is only 30 bux if i screw it up. lmk
MiSFitSLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:59 PM   #522
Regional Moderator

i wouldnt recomend it....i saw i guy who tried it at my track and he had a heavy knock on the boards and the chasis snaped and he broke my other things besides the chasis....
----------
i hope this "pro4" would be a conversion kit....dont feel like another car...
both of my cars are being outdated pro3 and yokomo mr4 special
mr4-malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:01 PM   #523
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MiSFitSLvR

i didnt know the SP was being outdated....grips of people race them.

thanks for tellming me bout the chassis thing. i think i wont try it.

thanks
MiSFitSLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:52 PM   #524
Tech Master

does anyone know where i can get an aluminum hex screw set for the pro 3.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #525
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by spaz456
does anyone know where i can get an aluminum hex screw set for the pro 3.
OFNA sells a whole kit of Alum. hex screws (assorted sixes/lengths). Purp and blue. They also sell them in individual packages as well...