R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-11-2002, 11:32 AM   #496
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSFitSLvR
yeah he was talking about when he races at the parking lot track out front. it is pretty slippery too.

Don't forget.... SWR is a high traction track... just repaved and expanded.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 01:03 PM   #497
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24

Nobody allowed to take their car's pictures........ We don't know it is a Pro4 prototype or only Pro3 chassis modification... But one thing for sure it's shaft driven baby, LOL Btw, on Monday (right after the race) team Yokomo Japan (Masami, Adachi and Kitazawa) are testing NEW Yokomo Car...... Wow, lots of new car during World Championship
So Pro4 IS shaft driven.
Did you see the car?
Could give us some more info on Pro4?

rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Spring rates

Do any of you have a spring conversion chart that shows in pounds instead of grams??
Old 04-11-2002, 07:47 PM   #499
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv

So Pro4 IS shaft driven.
Did you see the car?
Could give us some more info on Pro4?

nope..... my friend Surikarn (Tamiya) does.... and yes, it is shaft driven. well, we don't know if it's a Pro4 or just Pro3 chassis modification.... very very top secret
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #500
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24

nope..... my friend Surikarn (Tamiya) does.... and yes, it is shaft driven. well, we don't know if it's a Pro4 or just Pro3 chassis modification.... very very top secret
I read it from an article that hpi is testing both shaft driven and belt driven for pro4. So if hara wins the world with shaft driven car, we will see shaft driven pro4 realsed. Right?

I can't wait to see the picture of it.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:59 PM   #501
Regional Moderator

could be....... LOL
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:17 AM   #502
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

I talk to an Associated driver today who said that pix of the Pro4 were sent to Associated. Basically, it has a Carbon Fibre chassis with Carbon Fibre shock towers with an Associated shaft and internal gears. Hmm....if Hara won with this car, maybe he should give the Associated drivers some of his set up tips.

In anyrate, I will continue to suport HPI no matter what they decide to do. Whether they do bring it out or revamp the Pro 3, It is definitely not the end of HPI's line of performance cars, but a regeneration of their already competative line up.

Say what you want about HPI..when i worked for CEN and ran their GX-1 EP(a belt drive TAO2), i've beaten the Yokes, the Express, the Ofnas, Schumachers, and other cars in expert Mod at Cal RC where i also was the race director. I had NO practice on the track.

Cars are cars. In ANY given day, ANY car can win...at the ROAR nats in 97 over in Naples, i watched david jun win the whole shabang with the TA03! Other cars with less weight and more efficient gear ratios were not able to pass the TA03 Tank. ALL the big names were there...Pavidis, Baker, Rosetti, and it just wasn't their day.

I'm glad we can all express our opinions on all the cars, but i think the whole reason why we go to these forums is for information, not bashing. So, if the moderators are out there, please, keep threads like this here for the very reason they are started, for aquiring INFORMATION. Maybe, someone can start a "BASHING" thread to keep good threads like this one informative for rc enthusiasts like me and many others who just wanna know how much more they can enjoy their investment as well as their hobby.

Sorry for the long post, i just had to get this off my chest.

charlie b
CFX Paintworks
OC Circuit
http://socal.rcracing.com
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:22 AM   #503
Tech Regular

Default Team PRP top deck for HPI Pro 3

Team PRP is extremely proud to announce our top deck for HPI's Pro 3.

We have successfully track tested our top deck and it is simply amazing. It increases stiffness even more than the HB decks. It allows for extremely simple battery removal right through the center without removing the deck, it takes 2 seconds to pull out the battery now! Not only does it fix the flex issue and battery issue, it also adds castor brace mounting locations for bracing the hub carriers without affecting suspension geometry. Track testing was a blast, the car was more consistent and predictable then it's ever been and it held up fine to crash testing.

When used in conjunction with the aluminum HPI rear brace, the car is very, very stiff. We had considered making our own rear brace, and we still might, but the HPI rear brace is very nice.

Our Top Decks should be ready to ship out within 12 days! First 25 orders will receive free purple aluminum hex screws (instead of basic phillips)!

To read more and to place an order, please visit Team PRP online at: http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp

Good racing!

Ben Prenevost
Owner/Designer
Team PRP
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 04:58 AM   #504
Tech Elite

RBLove - to convert from lbs/inch to grams/mm, multiply by 454, then divide by 25.4.

For conversion vice versa, multiply by 25.4, then divide by 454.

Charlie b - totally agree with you

TeamPRP - great piece of design - shame I'm in the uk and already have one non-HPI challenge legal top-deck.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 06:56 AM   #505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

sosidge = Thanks for the conversion!

Team PRP = deck looks nice. Got any pics of this piece on an actual car? Perfer something showing the castor support you were talking about. Is this something like the Xpress car maybe?

Thanks,
Rob Love
Old 04-12-2002, 08:19 AM   #506
Tech Rookie

To anyone,

I am using a TI 10x2 motor, using a 100T 64P spur and a 30T pinion. The speed is just average. How can I make it run faster. We run on asphalt and a 40 meter stretch and fast turns. It seems to lack acceleration too. Need help with it. Thanks
Asprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 08:29 AM   #507
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie_b
Predator=Tamiya Avante

For you Old School RC guys, the Avante was the first shaft drive design to incorporate the 2 gear gearbox for shaft drive like the TC3 and Predator. All the rest of the 4WD bugies had multi gears and Large gearboxes. So, with that said, Tamiya is still the Original design of the now cutting edge "shaft drive" which came out back in '87.

my 2 cents

charlie b
I say we bring back the chain drive, better yet, lets bring back the cable drive (I think E.Moore could teach us).

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:23 AM   #508
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Asprey- Try dropping the pinion down 2 or 3 teeth and turn the timing up a bit on the endbell.

D.Joor- Oh no you don't- the last thing we need is the darn chain drive again-I'm glad needing needle nose pliers to tighten up the chain are a thing of the past....

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:13 AM   #509
Tech Master

do you guys think it would provide any extra stiffness to the chassis if you were to manufacture a top deck that incorperates a rear motor brace into the top deck design. kinda like a one piece top deck and rear motor brace design.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:31 AM   #510
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes...it would provide extra stiffness into the chassis.
The HPI prototype upperdeck is fulllength that incorporates the rear motor brace. It can be seen in this months issue of Extrem RC.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote