R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2002, 06:14 AM   #316
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Alright guys, back to an RC related topic. We definately don't need stuff like that on here. This thread is for the Pro3, not for you guys to do whatever you want.

-Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #317
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MiSFitSLvR

alright, you know that was funny though. anyway, what site can i get the kai chassis from? i really want one bad. also, do you guys think i need to upgrade my tekin g-12...i want to get a quantum but dont want to spend the $$$.. should the tekin be fine for racing?

lmk thanks
MiSFitSLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:49 AM   #318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSFitSLvR
alright, you know that was funny though. anyway, what site can i get the kai chassis from? i really want one bad. also, do you guys think i need to upgrade my tekin g-12...i want to get a quantum but dont want to spend the $$$.. should the tekin be fine for racing?

lmk thanks
You can get the Kai chassis from Control Centre or RcModel. I would recommend you get it from RcModel. Service and ordering is alot faster. If you go to the RcModel website they have the new Futaba MC800C esc. it's a clone of the Quantum compitition.
otherwise your G-12 is fine for racing.

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

I just received word from Futaba USA that they will not service the MC800C if anything goes wrong with it since it is not sold in the US. They have no plans on importing the MC800 into the US.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 03-18-2002 at 05:36 PM.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 04:50 PM   #319
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MiSFitSLvR

dang, that sucks i would buy it right now but i just bought 2 battery packs and dont have the money now. btw...it is me microman from the hpi forum.

talk to ya' later,
kurt
MiSFitSLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:54 AM   #320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Question???

Hi guys!!!

I run a stock HPI Chassis with an HB upper deck, and I use a JET Alum. Battery holder, there is no more front to rear flex but would it help if I change the Chassis to something like Penguin's P3000

or the one from control centre??

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/home...cm1%20pro3.htm

Will it make the handling of the car much better!!!!!!

I know blanz will say change the car but I want the opinion of those who have changed their chassis???

Thanks

Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:15 AM   #321
Tech Master

what do you mean "changed my chassis'???
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:25 AM   #322
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Lem, goto Mike at Pitstop and get the Pengiun chassis from him..you will like it alot. The battery brace just stops front to back flex, not side to side. Plus, make sure if you decide to get other chassis, find out what quality graphite they are using...5 layer, seven layer..these do make a difference as well.
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:07 PM   #323
Tech Apprentice

Blazn420.......
First of all, whats your point? Are any of us going into the Losi forum and telling them that they're cars suck? So thats great...your an experienced racer, which if you break it down only means this: You've been playing with toy cars longer than us. Get a life man. As for the pro 3 topic, there are 4 pro 3's at my track including mine all of which are consisnent A or B main contenders. Everyone else runs TC3's and Losi's, and one x-ray. I could say losi's suck but I actually respect any car out there. Every car has its flaws. I chose the pro 3 because I wanted to make it a winner. I honestly don't care what you think, you are entitled to your opinion as are any of us. Its just the way you keep going on with the subject and making an ass out of yourself that pisses me off.
DJ_GenR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:11 PM   #324
Tech Legend

Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:19 PM   #325
Tech Master

IN YOUR HHEEEEAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 12:28 PM   #326
Tech Champion

Default Re: Question???

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
Hi guys!!!

I run a stock HPI Chassis with an HB upper deck, and I use a JET Alum. Battery holder, there is no more front to rear flex but would it help if I change the Chassis to something like Penguin's P3000

or the one from control centre??

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/home...cm1%20pro3.htm

Will it make the handling of the car much better!!!!!!

I know blanz will say change the car but I want the opinion of those who have changed their chassis???

Thanks

Lem

Pinoy bro....

I have the Kai chassis but I got it from RcModel instead of Control Centre. The chassis will be similar to the soon to be released version from HB. The car is lighter and handles extremely well with the new chassis. My stock chassis in now in the recycle bin. The chassis is just a slight improvement. What we really need are stiffer arms made of graphite.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:59 PM   #327
Tech Regular

DJ,

Let it go. Talking about him only makes him think is kind of superior, (let him think this way, better that than having to put up with his somewhat limited intelligence)

A 29 year old with only this objective in life must be very low in the food chain...

I asked where they race in Seattle or surroundings (coz I go there a lot) and I got no reply. So much for credibility…

See how his 3 brain cells are so happy that we talk about him? (in your head… you wish. You would see a universe totally unknown to you LOL)

If he's really sponsored I feel deeply for the sponsor. Imagine having to deal with a guy like that in real life? Boy, it’s got to hurt…
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:02 PM   #328
Tech Elite

Just thought I'd post this - already down in the HPI forum...

Just spent the last few hours fitting (or trying to fit) the following option parts to my Pro3...

1. Hotbodies three-piece motor mount
2. Front and rear swaybars

and I thought I'd share my expereinces with you.

1. Hotbodies motor mount - this looks like a really nice bit of kit - fits precisely into the car, the layshaft spins as free as you can imagine (compared to the standard HPI setup, which I found tweaks a bit when you tighten the screws), and strengthens it a bit as well, which is nice.

But why don't Hotbodies supply it with the screws you need to fit it in? i had to spend an hour scavenging through my local shops spare screw pot, using guesswork to cut screws to length - I even had to open up a fresh pack of Kyosho screws (which i didn't have to pay for - thankyou County House in Newcastle).

They could at least put in note in the bag saying what you need. (BTW HPI/Mirage - what are the correct screw lengths?)

2. Front and Rear swaybars (along with the new swaybar mounting parts kit) - thanks to the new kit, the front one goes on quite easily and is quite secure (I think the bars must have been a bit dodgy before the new mount parts came out, because there's a lot of free play, especially at the rear).

But why is there a combination of 4.8 and 4.3mm balls and ballcups used in it? Half a millimetre is impossible for the naked eye to tell whether the plastic link has the "big" or "small" hole up - Hpi could at least have marked the moulding, or just used the same size balls.

I got around it because I'm quite mechanially aware, but someone with less experience could easily force the part and end up with it not working properly.

EDIT I've now been shown how the rear anti-roll bar links fit onto the moulded balls in the wishbone - but i still think it's fiddly EDIT

Last edited by sosidge; 03-20-2002 at 02:08 PM.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #329
Tech Champion

Default PRO3 graphite arms released!

Finally... about time.

Lets see how long it takes to get to the US.

Part no. 73454 set of 4 arms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73454 graphite arms.jpg (69.9 KB, 111 views)
Old 03-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #330
Tech Master

at Rain City raceway in the seattle area for carpet onroad......6 national champs and about 10 factory drivers race there...

Tacoma RC Raceway....indoor offroad.....world class dirt.....better than so cal rc raceway.........National Champ Scott Brown ownes TRCR........Many factory guys race there........

there are many other nice tracks in the region, but these are my fav......