R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2002, 01:41 PM   #211
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jared Kirkwood

Hi guys, I just glancing through your debate. I check in everyonce in a while. I just wanted to add a comment. The pro3 is fast. I had one was very successful with it outdoors and on the rugs. I bought the car for something new to play with while I waited for the XXXS to come out and that's the reason I put it down. Just takes some work and knowing the car to get it up to speed.

By the way, Asprey, your way overgeared. After you fix that make sure all your bearings a free of the greese and nothing else is binding up. I found that dirt and rubber easily get's into the pullies and I would clean them after every other run or so.
Jared Kirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:50 PM   #212
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Blazn- Lap ya later? That must be easy to do when you're racing against
probably a dozen racers in your neck of the woods- I don't think you'd be that cocky racing down here in SoCal where we're racing against Roar and Norcca past and current national champs on a weekly basis.... I'm still waiting for that day when I don't finish out of the top three in the a main.

Man Darkseid- Gotta love your sarcasm- "But, I'm sure you can guide me to those many, many national championship cars you have designed" lol.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:56 PM   #213
Tech Master

mike retard,

just for your info I grew up racing with Barry Backer and all the other fast guys from Cali from 87 to 95. Im from Carlsbad to be exact. I raced at the old school carpet tracks like Hot TRick in Vista, Bob and Jims in Riverside, E and L in Del Mar whitch held the first off road worlds, and the Rach Pit Shop in pamona. just to name a few. I was a flight teamer during that time. you dont know who your talking to Barney!!!

I regards to Washington State, ever heard of Scott Brown, Greg Hodapp, Chris Bridgewater????? if you dont know who they are you are slow......Ive raced all over the country and this region is one of the fastest in the world. Probably second or third and Yes, of course Cali is the fastest. Most of the industry is there.....

you nead to go make a national event A-main before you try to talk to me....

yes, lap ya later
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:17 PM   #214
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BLAZN420
.....Scott Brown....Chris Bridgewater?????....

Who are they?
Old 03-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #215
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

BLAZN420- what it comes down to is this.....you obviously don't like HPI, fine that's your opinion and you have the right to it, but why come on this thread and waste everybody's time, including you own, bashing a car that for what ever reason some people want to and do race.....granted the car has issues but that's what the people here are trying to fix

if you have no advice other than "if you want to make the A-main, then get a real car.... like a xxxs or a tc3..." then just shut up!!!!
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:40 PM   #216
Tech Champion

Dang! retard huh? If you communicate as well as you drive I better watch out- do us all a favor and get a spell check program- maybe we'd take you seriously. If you've got to talk crap about other cars here's a little verse you should think about- Knowledge is power and you my friend are powerless.
Btw- I am a Nationals A-main driver....

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 03-05-2002, 04:39 PM   #217
sky
Tech Rookie

Default car design

I can see there is an argument about if the PRO3 is a competitive car. If you look at the Japanese market, you can tell the car is very competitive and do head-to-head competition with Yokomo and Atlas. However, it requires a lot of mod parts and attention to make it fast. From the weight distribution standpoint, the car is excellent since most of the weight (batteries and motor) distributes along the centreline of the vehicle. If you look at most touring car designs, the components are put as close to the CG as possible. The only thing in the way will be the drivebelt where it is offset to the side in the PRO3. So, I would say the idea is good but the package in the US is not equipped enough to compete. However, something like the SPEC V version in Asia and Asari's full graphite version is another story. To make it competitive, at least you need a graphite upper deck, double one way and some aluminum parts. In fact, XXX-S also requires similar treatment.
sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 05:03 PM   #218
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why is it that everytime someone is in a debate and are presented with valid counter points, the best thing they can do is start droping names of pro drivers as a way of saying "I raced this guy once or twice, so I must always be right"

Like I said before, I'm not challenging his feelings about the Pro3. I challenging his claims about the HPI company as a whole. That was a pretty broad statement about one of the largest companies in the industry. Its right up there with the Trinity haters, and like those guys, he seems to have no real basis for his statements.

Show me how HPI as a whole only produces junk. Thats all I'm asking and he has yet to back up his statement.

O'well, no hard feeling BLAZN420, and good luck to you in all your races.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:15 PM   #219
Tech Apprentice

The biggest point most miss is cars handle different. People drive different. For every driver a certain car design suits them. I can't drive a tc3 at all and I've had two. Losi is better for me, again I've had two. When I got my rs4 I went to the front. I've had HPI's since. That's not the same for everyone, people are different so they make different cars. My friend swears by his tc3, that's his choice. Now lets not have a war over which brand is better.
Keyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 09:50 PM   #220
Tech Master

Mike Retard,

liar, you say youve made the top 10 in a national event with an hpi car????rrrriiiggghhhttt!!!!!whatever barno.....

the only driver that has done that is Hara, who is a world champ in case you dont know.

besides, the only national finalists Ive heard of from San Diego is Baker and myself.

Im coming down there soon, so why dont you let me know which crappy parking lot track you race at and Ill be glad to come spank you and your friends.

lap ya soon
Old 03-06-2002, 12:20 AM   #221
Tech Regular

BLAZN420: you pronounce yourself as an A main driver but you sure don't sound like one. your "attitude" towards others make you sound like more of a backyard basher.

most agree that the xxx-s and tc3 you praise are competitive cars. but what if either Corally, Xray, Atlas, Tamiya, or even HPI approaches you to drive their car (with a fat paycheck and all other benefits), what would you do??? will you tell them that you can only be an A main driver using a xxx-s or tc3? then i guess you are not really of A main caliber!!!
purplepro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:38 AM   #222
Tech Master

purple,

first of all, I just love getting into peoples heads and getting them all rilled up... its fun, it makes me smile

next, the xray, yokomo, associated, schumacher, and losi sedans are the cream of the crop in my opinion.....

I would run for any of those companies given the right opportunity...but right now I get to run what I want because a race track sponsors me.

I bash on hpi cars because of negative experience wile working at hobby shops.

if you would like a shot at me, Ill be at carpet nats this month kickn tail.....

lap ya later
Old 03-06-2002, 06:47 AM   #223
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Ok, if we could all just ignore BLAZN420 and get back to Pro3 discussion....and the only reason I say that is cause you are not going to change my mind by bashing the Pro3 as to whether to drive it or not...that is my choice Herr BLAZN420, I don't have to be a Blonde hair, blue eye person to win....

Anyways....

Did anyone download my setup sheet and have any recommendations???

Later!
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:51 PM   #224
Tech Champion

Um yeah, whatever....

So TigeRyan- did you catch my post about trying the rear 1-2-9 block in rear. This block reduces the toe in. Something I forgot to ask is are you using a rear sway bar? The rear sway bar will hopefully create a little more turn in as well for ya...

Old 03-07-2002, 05:26 AM   #225
Tech Elite

I assume you're using the alternative lower hub carrier holes because of the HB shock towers, in an effort to keep the geometry consistent?

Personally, those HB towers strike me as more hassle than they're worth.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote