R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #151
Tech Regular
 
purplepro3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Northern VA USA
Posts: 320
Default transponder mounts

pro3racing: great!!! i'll send you an email for my mailing address. thanks again
purplepro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 08:13 PM   #152
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: transponder mounts

Quote:
Originally posted by purplepro3
pro3racing: great!!! i'll send you an email for my mailing address. thanks again
i will let you know when they are mailed to you
should be thursday of this week. i mail them to you
and your welcome
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 03:09 AM   #153
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

To all the guys who are dialled...
I can't seem to dial out the mid-corner understeer I am experiencing with the car. I've tried different springs, camber link locations, different wheelbase spacer combos, different ackerman and still no luck... Any suggestions?
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 04:41 AM   #154
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Have you tried less caster at the front?

Or possibly a light anti-roll bar at the rear?

And has your damping been in tune with the spring rates? - a "springy" car might "jump" in the corner, making the car feel a bit understeery/oversteery.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:37 AM   #155
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if there is any difference between the hot bodies carbon graphite shock towers and the hpi carbon graphite ones
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #156
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by spaz456
does anyone know if there is any difference between the hot bodies carbon graphite shock towers and the hpi carbon graphite ones
go with the hpi towers!!! the hb towers you must shorten your shocks in order to get the right height .
the hpi are great they have the stock set up and the hb set up
if you want to use the shorter shocks.
i my self have sold all my hb towers .i use the hpi now.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 04:34 PM   #157
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
Have you tried less caster at the front?

Or possibly a light anti-roll bar at the rear?

And has your damping been in tune with the spring rates? - a "springy" car might "jump" in the corner, making the car feel a bit understeery/oversteery.
Already running 8 degrees, don't want to run 6 degrees because the hinge pin locators get scrubed out too much and can't get hold of the new castor blocks either...

Running navy or grey springs with #3/40 wt which feels kinda right to me. Also running black sway bars front and rear, might take out the front bars?
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 04:48 PM   #158
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Looking at the navy and grey springs rates (it's confusing because HPI make several blue or navy springs), I would think 50 or 60wt oil would be more suitable for those springs.

Yes, a lighter anti-roll bar up front, or no anti-roll bar at all might help (I don't know the colours from stiff to soft).

BTW, I don't get what you're problem is with the caster - are you saying the 6deg blocks cause problems, or are you talking about problems if you change the kick-up (i.e. inboard wishbone mounts) from 2deg to 0deg? Because I've had no problems with my 6 deg caster blocks - and my understanding is that the pro3 likes less caster.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:51 AM   #159
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racing


go with the hpi towers!!! the hb towers you must shorten your shocks in order to get the right height .
the hpi are great they have the stock set up and the hb set up
if you want to use the shorter shocks.
i my self have sold all my hb towers .i use the hpi now.
k thanks i almost ordered the hb ones and a guy at the track last night was going to sell me his front and rear shock towers because he said they made his ride hieght to high so those must have been the hb ones so i guess ill just order hpi ones. thnks pro3racing
btw does anyone know take off's site?
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #160
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Take Off site:
http://www.powers-international.com/...ex-english.htm

If you're unable to order the parts you need from your LHS. you can purchase them direct from Schumacher.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:07 PM   #161
Tech Regular
 
purplepro3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Northern VA USA
Posts: 320
Default pro3 chassis

to all pro3 racers: controlcentre (hk) is now selling woven carbon fiber chassis for the pro3. it looks like the Kai Pro3 limited chassis and it sells for $73.

pro3racing: hi there!!!
purplepro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:54 AM   #162
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
Looking at the navy and grey springs rates (it's confusing because HPI make several blue or navy springs), I would think 50 or 60wt oil would be more suitable for those springs.

Yes, a lighter anti-roll bar up front, or no anti-roll bar at all might help (I don't know the colours from stiff to soft).

BTW, I don't get what you're problem is with the caster - are you saying the 6deg blocks cause problems, or are you talking about problems if you change the kick-up (i.e. inboard wishbone mounts) from 2deg to 0deg? Because I've had no problems with my 6 deg caster blocks - and my understanding is that the pro3 likes less caster.
Well tried just about everything last nite and not much good - harder front springs, softer front springs, softer all round, harder all round... Even went to 6 degree castor, no front sway bar, even 1 degree rear toe. Hard to maintain speed in corners, the car just washes off speed and others just turn inside me.

The ackerman just makes the car turn in quicker but mid corner understeer is still there... With the 6 degree thing, I meant the kick up... The 0 degree kick up configuration makes the little raised sections on the block scrape the ground. My block is now flat and the metal insert is starting to show!
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:16 AM   #163
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

See, i never run my car with 0 kick-up - just don't like the idea.

Are you running a top-deck? On a grippy surface the stiffer chassis will carry more speed in the corners.

Are you running a "race" body, like a stratus?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 08:23 AM   #164
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: pro3 chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by purplepro3
to all pro3 racers: controlcentre (hk) is now selling woven carbon fiber chassis for the pro3. it looks like the Kai Pro3 limited chassis and it sells for $73.

pro3racing: hi there!!!
hey purple pro3,
rcmodel has the same chassis for 68.00 in stock
www.rcmodel.com.hk/
your trans mounts are on the way! i hope they work out for you
and mike yours are on the way also.
you both let me know how you like them.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:15 AM   #165
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Happy Valentines everyone.

RcModel has dropped prices on the chassis. now $61.00
and the Spec-V is selling for $243.20
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPI Pro3 Drift Demon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 06-26-2007 11:04 PM
HPI Pro3 Drift Demon Australia Wanted to Buy 0 06-21-2007 04:06 PM
pro3 for .12 better than you R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-25-2005 02:35 PM
HPI RS4 Pro3 Denso R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-26-2005 12:37 PM
FS: HPI Pro3 SteveM R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-04-2001 06:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net