R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-02-2003, 06:25 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Arrow T30: " Volts Too High!"

Howdy folks,

can somebody please tell me what's going on with my T30 when I'm cycling 3000HV's? It charges just fine (1 peak 5A db 0.04V) and then it refuses to start discharging by himself... it only discharges if I start the discharge by hand (I loose the peak voltage and IR info though), which is kind of contrary to the purpose of having an "automatic" cycling feature...

Could it be that my HV's have soooo much voltage at the end of the charge? That's what I started suspecting... I changed my settings to 2 peaks, 0.02 and 0.01, with a 200s delay between both, a mean to let the voltage settle down a bit before discharging, ssince you can't set up the time between the last peak and discharge on the T30... and then it cycles properly. But I still find this solution unsatisfying.

It cycles my GP3300 and 3000UMH just fine... it's just an issue when cycling the HV's.

Anybody ever had that problem?

Thanks fot your feedback,
Later

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:07 AM   #2
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

You are correct! the voltage of the pack at the start of discharge is too high. Can't remember what that level is...but that is where your error is coming from. CE changed the software during the T35BL to account for this. The first batch of T35 had the same problem too.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:46 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks

thank you for your answer... Now I know :-)

Thx!

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:09 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I think if you change the number of cells in the system from 6 to 7 it should be ok. At least it will provide a work around.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote