R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to k£v!n
Default New KO ESC - VFS-1 Pro C3

Source - http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/?p=2445

“The VFS (variable frequency system) technology provides you with the ultimate control in today’s electronic speed controllers. The proto-type powered the current IFMAR 2wd buggy world champion Hayato Matsuzaki (Hot Bodies) to the podium. KO PROPO has studied today’s batteries/motors and has remapped the amplifier to give the most out of the esc. Standup or laydown style of brush motors will also benefit with the turning off/on the preprogrammed drag brake feature. The current USB PC interface (61018) and the multi setting adapter (61009) are still compatible and are required for programming changes. Features adjustable drive frequencies (0.9-12kHz) for each of the 32 throttle steps, brake frequency, drag brake adjustment, power save feature and throttle response allow for full tuning capabilities. The VFS-1 Pro C3 comes with a 23T motor profile installed, power capacitor and Ultimate booster.”
k£v!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Obsolete already, not brushless, nice to see they put in a stock profile finally.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Though brushless is the 'New' technology, doesn't mean that brushed is obsolete. I'll put a tuned brushed motor against brushless any day. Though I do think that brushless is good for club racing, due to the low maintainence of it, brushed motors are still superior when I go to a sponsored event. I also use NiMh, instead of LiPo at sponsored races. There is still a slight advantage with them both
Old 02-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheimb4897 View Post
Though brushless is the 'New' technology, doesn't mean that brushed is obsolete. I'll put a tuned brushed motor against brushless any day. Though I do think that brushless is good for club racing, due to the low maintainence of it, brushed motors are still superior when I go to a sponsored event. I also use NiMh, instead of LiPo at sponsored races. There is still a slight advantage with them both
i hear that
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote