Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
GT10 Class Discussion >

GT10 Class Discussion

GT10 Class Discussion

Old 02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default GT10 Class Discussion

I thought I would try to open up a specific discussion for this potential class intentionally separate from the general Pro10 discussion that seems to have spiraled out of control. Here are the basic rules I came up with:

Chassis: Any 200mm 1/10 pan chassis
Batteries: 4 cell NiMH (I forget what the equivalent in LiPo would be but at this point we are looking to have this set up in a manner that much like VTA, allows for easy accessibilty to the new racers and existing racers alike) 4600 mAh
Motor: Brushed 19T/Brushless 13.5
Weight: 1200 grams (or approx 42.3 ounces)
Ride Height: 4mm minimum (as per ROAR rulebook which I am drawing from as well)
Body spec: GT or GT1 spec bodies based on 2 door cars that have run in a sanctioned GT or GT1 series (Grand-Am GT, ALMS GT1, Speed GT etc)
Now knowing what happened in the other discussion Im going to set some very basic (and I pray very doable) ground rules:

1. The rules I set are as they are. I set them up to allow for 12th scale and oval racers to be accessible to this as well as TC racers coming over from that class and existing 10th scale pan car racers but also keep the speeds relatively in check. They also allow for deviation from track to track but still have a set of rules to work from should a national movement be spawned (much like with Vintage Trans-Am)

2. This discussion is only to be about this given class. No talk of MSRP or anything not directly related to this particular class (you can bring that up in the more general topic)

3. Absolutely...positively...NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! If you have some personal beef with somebody take it up in private messages (that is why they are there. No need to air your dirty laundry for the whole world to see)

I may not be a moderator on this board but itd be nice to have a mature, civil discussion about this on this board. You think you can do that folks?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

no 4 cell
lipo is the future
the future is now
other than that the rules sound cool. Thats been part of the problem as well
Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by convikt
no 4 cell
lipo is the future
the future is now
other than that the rules sound cool. Thats been part of the problem as well
Ok I do not doubt that LiPo is the future but we got into that mess in the other discussion and Im trying to keep that out of this one. If a track wants to allow LiPo that is fine but if this leads to a sanctioning organization as it did for VTA I want to have a consistent set of rules that not only opens the floor for a large number of racers but also keeps the technology wars and uberspeeds from swallowing it up.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I already made a GT10 thread! Haha
Old 02-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I already made a GT10 thread! Haha
Which went on for 22 plus pages and basically turned into one giant political debate with people basically acting in the most immature manner possible (which to me is not something to laugh about) I was debating calling it GT10 or American GT (if I wanted it to be called that the body choices would essentially have been limited to Protoform Corvette C5, Protoform C6, HPI Ford Mustang, HPI Corvette C6, and HPI Saleen S7R)
Old 02-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That was a pro10 thread. There's a GT10 thread here:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206057